Health in Demon Souls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

In Demon Souls my characters health only stays at half no matter how many healing items I use. I googled the problem and read I needed to defeat a world boss to become unspirited. I have beat 1 but died since then so does that mean every time you die you loose half your max health until you beat another boss?

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Yes or you can invade someone elses game and kill them to gain a soul or you can use an item called Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to gain your soul back. You can find a ring call Cling Ring that gives you about 30% more health in soul form. Try to find that to help you out.

Tuco_Salamanca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tuco_Salamanca
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
When your dead your life will be half( +30with the cling ring) which is the safest way to play otherwise you risk invasion in human form.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 toddx77

Ok and does that mean when I level up my health I will still gain more but my overall health will still be halfed unless I go into human form?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

its hard to kill bosses with half health

Tuco_Salamanca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tuco_Salamanca
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Ok and does that mean when I level up my health I will still gain more but my overall health will still be halfed unless I go into human form?

toddx77
Yep. You need to get that cling ring...
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Tuco_Salamanca

Yep. You need to get that cling ring...

This. The Ring is in level 1-1 past the fog gate near the Blue eye knight at the bottom of the stairs I believe

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
It starts out slow, you have to learn to fight smart. But once you get that milestone, it will get easier.
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

It starts out slow, you have to learn to fight smart. But once you get that milestone, it will get easier.jordonj

your first time through, you will need a lot of patience. I recomend investing in a bow, it will make a lot of encounters easier if you pick off a few/all of the enemies from a distance.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Just a general tip regarding the game: The Demon's Souls Wiki is stuffed with awesome information so if you are ever stuck or just curious about something regarding the game I would recommend checking it out.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Invest in magic, get the cling ring and and the ring that restores MP.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
-If you are already upgrading your health equip the cling ring -if you are a mage or another low hp build don't bother equipping the cling ring as you will get 1shot by nearly everything with it on anyway. rather get some shield magic or become pro at dodging and blocking.
biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

toddx77

I believe it's better to be in soul form than human..when you die in human form the levels get more difficult..more powerful enemies show up. I am not sure if this happens when you play online..i played offline used those stones to gain back humanity died couple of times and levels got more difficult, but it was fun :)

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

biswajit90210

I believe it's better to be in soul form than human..when you die in human form the levels get more difficult..more powerful enemies show up. I am not sure if this happens when you play online..i played offline used those stones to gain back humanity died couple of times and levels got more difficult, but it was fun :)

THIS^^^

Get the Cling Ring and play in soul form, alot of people even go to the nexus and commit suicide after they defeat a boss, if your in a world and die in human form it lowers your world tendency and the blacker it gets the more difficult it gets. The enemies get stronger and black phantoms start showing up which are really difficult to beat. The games amazing so dont give up, and good luck

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Yup that's the game. But you can use a things to make it go up a little. It's a hard game but on of the best my opinion.
ajoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ajoyce
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
I recommend starting with the Royal class. You start the game with the ranged spell Soul Arrow and a ring that enables your MP to replenish. You also start off at Soul Level one, but I think that is a good thing as you can customize your chacter to your liking.
Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
If you get a cling ring and equip it while dead, your hp will be greater than fifty percent full. Better yet, a stone of ephemeral eyes will resurrect you. You can also accept a summoning into the world of another player and resurrect once you defeat a boss together. On the other side of things, you can invade another world and if you successfully defeat another player in battle, you will regain your living form.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Get the cling ring and play in soul form. This game is about strategy. I went battle mage, which is bad for PvP but amazing for PvE.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 toddx77

[QUOTE="biswajit90210"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Apocalypse324

THIS^^^

Get the Cling Ring and play in soul form, alot of people even go to the nexus and commit suicide after they defeat a boss, if your in a world and die in human form it lowers your world tendency and the blacker it gets the more difficult it gets. The enemies get stronger and black phantoms start showing up which are really difficult to beat. The games amazing so dont give up, and good luck

So is there even any point to play in human form other than more HP and added challenge if you die? I have Dark Souls and know in that game you need to use humanity to get more rare drops, summons, and curse resistance.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

[QUOTE="biswajit90210"] I believe it's better to be in soul form than human..when you die in human form the levels get more difficult..more powerful enemies show up. I am not sure if this happens when you play online..i played offline used those stones to gain back humanity died couple of times and levels got more difficult, but it was fun :)

toddx77

THIS^^^

So is there even any point to play in human form other than more HP and added challenge if you die? I have Dark Souls and know in that game you need to use humanity to get more rare drops, summons, and curse resistance.

your deaths in human form affect world tendancy (from pure white to pure black). Enemis are harder but offer more souls in pure black and there are also event that only happen while the world is in pure black and pure white world tendencies. If I remember correctly, it takes like 6 deaths in human form to get world tendancy to pure black.

while in pure black, you kill the primeval demon and a boss to get it to pure white

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 toddx77

Ok good to know. I have another question too and figure I'll just ask it here instead of making a new thread. Armro and weapon wise should I be finding new ones often? For armor I am currently still using fluted gear and my weapons are a kite sheild, Long sword +1, and bastard sword. As for where I am in the game I have beaten the temple knight boss and bene leveling up while exploring a little bit of world 2 and world 5 seeing as which one I should pursue.

biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

[QUOTE="biswajit90210"] I believe it's better to be in soul form than human..when you die in human form the levels get more difficult..more powerful enemies show up. I am not sure if this happens when you play online..i played offline used those stones to gain back humanity died couple of times and levels got more difficult, but it was fun :)

toddx77

THIS^^^

not that i can think of..because i played most of the game in soul form..however i am sure there must be an advantage of playing in human form..maybe you should check the WIKI.