Headphones for my PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Cogwork (38 posts) -
I'm looking for some 5.1 surround sound headphones to use while I play my ps3. Does anyone know of some good pair that I could use? I'm on a bit of a budget too so they don't have to be the priciest of sets. Thanks in advance!
#2 Posted by Tlahui (1552 posts) -
I was just wondering that too
#3 Posted by oldskooler79 (1629 posts) -

Search for the Sharkoon X-TATIC 5.1 headphones. These are great for dolby digital, Blu-ray playback, surround sound in games such as Warhawk, and overall simple connection. Just plus the optical cable into the PS3 and your done. Sure they can be stomped on when comparing audio qualities among others, but for the price I'de say their unbeatable.

You know that you can always use the Xbox 360 5.1 headset from TurtleCruz or whatever. This will work no problem. Wireless isn't always the best choice when it comes to sound, but some demand it so... the choice is yours.

#4 Posted by Killer_Cyborg (2814 posts) -
I'd personnaly suggest the Tritton AX360. I have it and use it for PS3 gaming, Blu-ray, PC gaming, music listening, skype, good all around experience so far on my side.
#5 Posted by iMacBot (947 posts) -

I'm looking for some 5.1 surround sound headphones to use while I play my ps3. Does anyone know of some good pair that I could use? I'm on a bit of a budget too so they don't have to be the priciest of sets. Thanks in advance!Cogwork

I got a Sony MDR-7505. It's not classified as 5.1 surround sound headphones, actually classified under "Profesional Dynamic Stereo Surround Sound Headphones" but they can support and playback beyond that kind of signal (beyond 5.1, I think it can virtualize a 10.1 and 10.2 system which literally costs thousands and thousands of dollars and which only BOSE sells at the moment) so I got them for my MAC + PS3.

#6 Posted by oldskooler79 (1629 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cogwork"]I'm looking for some 5.1 surround sound headphones to use while I play my ps3. Does anyone know of some good pair that I could use? I'm on a bit of a budget too so they don't have to be the priciest of sets. Thanks in advance!iMacBot

I got a Sony MDR-7505. It's not classified as 5.1 surround sound headphones, actually classified under "Profesional Dynamic Stereo Surround Sound Headphones" but they can support and playback beyond that kind of signal (beyond 5.1, I think it can virtualize a 10.1 and 10.2 system which literally costs thousands and thousands of dollars and which only BOSE sells at the moment) so I got them for my MAC + PS3.

I'll give you this one. 5.1 is overrated. In fact, some of the best ever reviewed and tested were non-5.1 sets. For this reason, I game with Sennheiser headphones everytime. They beat out the Razor's IMO. But anyway.. how much are these MDR-7505's? That could be a big factor for him.

edit --> I should state that I use Sennheiser headphones for all my PC gaming, as to not confuse the tc.

#7 Posted by Cogwork (38 posts) -
Thanks! I'll do some reasearch on the ones all of you mentioned. Only the Turtle Cruz or what ever came up when I searched the first time. Thanks again.
#8 Posted by holdincourt (25 posts) -

Bringing back this old topic....but what other brands are worth visiting for 5.1 headphones on a PS3? I do like Sennhesier...so which models do people use from them?

#9 Posted by holdincourt (25 posts) -
Any thoughts? Anyone?
#10 Posted by TrentGrunewald (25 posts) -

Check these out, they are AWESOME! Headphones....

Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979
#11 Posted by 224385652654335052701865008979 (871 posts) -

Try out "Dolby Headphone".

#12 Posted by tecbarrera (25 posts) -
How'd you get your AX360 microphone to work with the PS3? Have you experienced any static issues with the voice functions? I can't get my AX360's to work well for the comms point of view. Gameplay is awesome, but communicating with other players sucks. Any advice?
#13 Posted by JKnaperek (2023 posts) -
How'd you get your AX360 microphone to work with the PS3? Have you experienced any static issues with the voice functions? I can't get my AX360's to work well for the comms point of view. Gameplay is awesome, but communicating with other players sucks. Any advice?tecbarrera
I use my bluetooth with the headphones if I need to communicate. It can be kind of annoying though so I don't do it that often. I also recommend the tritton ax360 headphones. They've been the best headphones I've ever had.
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
#14 Posted by 2headedhawaiian (1531 posts) -

I went wireless, Sennheiser RS 130. I got these a couple of years back. I occasionally get some interference, but it's minor. The sound quality is great, especially relative to other wireless, RF options I've used in the past.

Here's the link to the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-130-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0007QN18U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231863469&sr=8-1

Avatar image for Intelevangelist
#15 Posted by Intelevangelist (25 posts) -
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efpx1/home.aspx . These are the truth. Have them for the Xbox and PS3