HDTV Input Lag or PS4!??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

Ever since I've started playing my PS4, its giving me a lot of lag on my Panny, especially during loud noises or bombs go off in COD Ghosts. For one, nothing like that ever happened on the PS3. My TV is the output, connected to an Onkyo Receiver (it does all of the TRUE HD formats) to my PS3, my PS4, another Blu Ray Player and also DVR.

So not sure if my HDTV is too old all of a sudden and can't handle the input lag from COD Ghosts, or if its the HDMI wires, which I've been using all along, or the Receiver, or could it be the PS4 that's not handle the sound properly, Can anyone help pls!!!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If it's just one game, it's probably just the game itself. CoD games, particularly lately, are typically pretty badly made and rushed - input lag doesn't sound surprising.

gohan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By gohan_3
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

Have you set it to game mode, i had that problem until i realized i forgot to do that.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

@gohan_3 said:

Have you set it to game mode, i had that problem until i realized i forgot to do that.

There is a setting of game mode in my Onkyo receiver but I think that's just a picture setting under Video settings, it doesn't really do anything... COD just stutters when there's a loud sound in the game...