HDMI Converters/Adapters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darksouth1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darksouth1174
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

I just got a PS3 (very nice) and we got the HDMI cable and all that jazz. Anyway, the HDTV we have in the den is about, i dont know, 3 years old maybe? It goes all the way up to 1080p so i figured it would have an HDMI hook up...i was wrong so i've only been able to play in 480i.

So this leads to my question, is there a converter or anything of the sort that can go from something like S-Video (i think thats what its called, if not, whatever it is)(It doesnt have to be S-video it was just an example so you know what im tryin to say) to HDMI?

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated. Please let me see what my PS3 can really do.

PinoyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PinoyRoy
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

Yoo bro what it does!

emm my HD TV is also 3 years old, have my resolution in 1080i. I dont use S-Video, but I do use DVI. There is such thing as a HDMI - DVI cable/converter, because my TV is old and doesn't support it. Maybe you also have DVI, because if you do then there is a converter for you :) but if not, im not sure bout S-Video. And there is no difference from HDMI - HDMI and HDMI - DVI incase you were gonna ask, just different cables

darksouth1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksouth1174
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

Thank you so much man. Seriously. Thanks.

clsnbrdr616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clsnbrdr616
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts
If your TV is an HDTV and doesn't have HDMI or DVI, it should have at least have component (red, green, blue cables/slots). That would be much better than S-Video. While component isn't as good as DVI or HDMI it can still do HD resolutions. They sell component cables for the PS3. I would still see if you have DVI at least cuz like PinoyRoy said, they make HDMI to DVI convertors (I have on for my computer monitor). Just make sure your TV has HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) or you can't use HDMI/DVI with the PS3 and the TV, just so your aware.