hdmi cable questions!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

hey

can some one give me a run down on what to look for when getting a hdmi cable for my ps3. what makes a good cable? please help

thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
All i can say is that when looking for a HDMI cable, quality counts and within reason don't skimp on it.
Raider10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Raider10
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
This reply disagrees with just about any other post you will ever read. Don't take his advice. Get yourself something cheap bro. They are all the same. HDMI cables work on a bases of the signal getting through or not getting through. So basically all the cables out now will get the signal through at this point. I here that in the future there will be a difference in HDMI cables but that will only be for select games or something way way down the road. I would spend between 10-25 bucks on your HDMI, but please dont get the 160 ones. That is just marketing.
Raider10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Raider10
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts

This reply disagrees with just about any other post you will ever read. Don't take his advice. Get yourself something cheap bro. They are all the same. HDMI cables work on a bases of the signal getting through or not getting through. So basically all the cables out now will get the signal through at this point. I here that in the future there will be a difference in HDMI cables but that will only be for select games or something way way down the road. I would spend between 10-25 bucks on your HDMI, but please dont get the 160 ones. That is just marketing.Raider10
All i can say is that when looking for a HDMI cable, quality counts and within reason don't skimp on it.thekodaman

Suppose to be his quote lol

wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

with more expensive cables, you get more rugged connector housings that withstand wear and tear. not really an issue unless for some reason the cable is going to be moving a lot. you may also get gold connectors, be advised, gold is considerably more resistent to corrosion and oxidation but again, in a household setting this isn't really that important. gold is not a better conductor then the plain jane copper/nickel cables you find in the bargain bin.

get an hdmi cable thats under 6' for best performance, it can be cheap or expensive, they'll behave the exacy same. hdmi signals degrade over distance, so dont get a 25' foot cable if your PS3 is 2 feet from your TV. keep it short, wind up the slack to make it look neat, sit back and enjoy the show.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Shop around for the best price, I saw some on Overstock.com that were very fairly priced. I had a friend that installed sattelite systems and the company was giving them away when a system was installed. The only thing worth looking for is make sure the connectors are gold plated, this helps reduce heat and poor connections.
ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
I bought a 30 dollar HDMI cable and its junk. I have it hooked up to my dvd/surround sound and when I'm watching a movie on it it is constantly cutting out for a few seconds and coming back on, and sometimes the screen gets all messed up so I have to unplug the cord and plug it back in. My friend had the same problem with a HDMI cable he had. He bought a new, more expensive cable and it works like a charm.
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts
thanks alot again this forum is alot more helpful than the 360 forum