This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Did anyone else think the demo was crap?

You run through a bit of jungle and shoot some baddies and thats it and I thought the graphics were pretty poor as well.

I was looking forward to this game but based on the demo I'm not getting it.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
Nope, It's just you my friend. I know alot of others hated it, but I for sure we'll be picking this up.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

for all we know the demo could sitll be running on the beta version of the game, it was certainly underwhelming, and imo not worth the 1.5 gigs of space it took, there was barely any gameplay there, i'm still gonna have to rent the game to see if i like it or not..

it was fun though, i did like just basically annhiliating everything in sight while on nectar.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
If it wasnt 4 player coop I probably wouldnt be getting it, but the online works and works very well, so bassed on 4 player coop and the fun that can be there ill be getting it, The graphics are a bit hard on the eyes after having played uncharted with the same sorta areas, but it does the job.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RMANPOWER

Yeah, it sorta like felt like Turok but alot better.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 americahellyeah

RMANPOWER

agreed, it was like turok, minus 90% of the stuff that made Turok totall $***

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

americahellyeah

:lol:

Turok wasn't that bad (Demo was sorry for sure) well I got kinda mad when Turok would repeat himself in the caves. "It's too dark in here" haha

Turok had some good moments, but in the end it sits on the shelf collecting dust. I think I've played online 3 times and owned this one dude on 1 vs 1.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

RMANPOWER

Turok wasn't that bad (Demo was sorry for sure) well I got kinda mad when Turok would repeat himself in the caves. "It's too dark in here" haha

Turok had some good moments, but in the end it sits on the shelf collecting dust. I think I've played online 3 times and owned this one dude on 1 vs 1.

i couldn't stand Turok, it was one of the biggest disapointments of the year for me.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

americahellyeah

i couldn't stand Turok, it was one of the biggest disapointments of the year for me.

Yeah, I guess it had a good amount of hype, but sorta dropped the ball. How did you like the co-op on Haze? I joined this one room, I guess they were pretty much playing (must of been all friends) so when I was trying to snipe. Some dude shot the nectar in my back (Went all crazy, LOL) next thing you know I died. They stuck as a team and watched me die, it was sad, but funny at the same time.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

RMANPOWER

Yeah, I guess it had a good amount of hype, but sorta dropped the ball. How did you like the co-op on Haze? I joined this one room, I guess they were pretty much playing (must of been all friends) so when I was trying to snipe. Some dude shot the nectar in my back (Went all crazy, LOL) next thing you know I died. They stuck as a team and watched me die, it was sad, but funny at the same time.

lol, that sucks, i only tried the offline co-op and it seemed... kinda tacked on..

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

americahellyeah

lol, that sucks, i only tried the offline co-op and it seemed... kinda tacked on..

lol I did enjoy messing with team matesnectarpacks but other than that it was pretty boring for me.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RMANPOWER

the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.king-micky207

*tries really hard not to laugh at that part*

Com'on man!! That SOLDIER WAS DYING and his friends didn't care haha

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
The dying pilot scene was complete craparoni. I mean, you are dying and your concern is to say "1 wus a buxers"
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I highly disagree. Haze demo was total bullcrap. Pardon my language, but it had to be said. If you think those graphics were decent or "okay." You really need your eyes checked. Obviously, it's a beta version or something because it was terrible. If the full game looks and plays like that, I wont be getting it. Not a chance. Turok is a million times better than this, shame on you.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
I personally thought it was ok. Not great or ground breaking, but it certainly was awful. I'm not a big fan of FPSs on consoles, so I won't be picking up the game, but like I said, it'll be ok.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RMANPOWER

Turok better than Haze? HAHA

They pretty much have the same graphics, but Haze is a little better.

Turok better than Haze, lol

*walks away still laughing*

pwner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pwner1
Member since 2006 • 1019 Posts
Played the demo. Like Resistance it seemed just like another mindless and boring console FPS.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50702 Posts
I'm a graphics whore. I love graphics. If the final product remotely resembles that of the demo I won't touch it.
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.king-micky207

I like the part where you ask him "are you hurt?" wtf does it look like :D

Well, I played the demo online with a friend, so I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the game :)

enomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 enomik
Member since 2005 • 164 Posts
can someone please tell me where i can get this demo from?
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

can someone please tell me where i can get this demo from? enomik

it's on the EU shop

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RMANPOWER

can someone please tell me where i can get this demo from? enomik

If you can't wait, then like he said above it's at the Euro shop. If you can wait, Thursday update.

enomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 enomik
Member since 2005 • 164 Posts
oh okay thanks.
Maersyndel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maersyndel
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts

Really? I thought that was actually one of the demo's highlights. Makes me think there might be some sort of underlying emotional current to all the normal FPS fare.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
It made sense people tell other people secrets about themselves when they die so it was alright.
bootsfansonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bootsfansonly
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

It made sense people tell other people secrets about themselves when they die so it was alright. gamenerd15

I generally like FPS, but i don't know. Reminded me of far cry but without the super jump

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 king-micky207

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.RMANPOWER

i know dude , the main character was so god-damned shallow, and the way he was talking he sounded annoyed, he might as well say " c'mon die already i gotta get my nectar....Jeez" FR should fire the dude who wrote that script.

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.ejstrup

I like the part where you ask him "are you hurt?" wtf does it look like :D

Well, I played the demo online with a friend, so I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the game :)

i know dude , i mean the guy was injured badly yet the main character asks him as if he just cut himself , that was one of the reasons that made the demo crappy , oh and you can't skip it too so every time you played the demo you gotta sit through it all over again, FR are just shooting themselves in the foot with that kind of dialog, but defiantly the coop is awesome, it's the best thing that they have added to the game aside from the MP.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RMANPOWER

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]the demo was crap , the graphic was good but man... i hate that god-damn awful dialogue with the dying pilot "hey! hey!!...can you hear me?..... do you want to know what i used to do before i joined up?..... i used to be a boxer....*cough* arrgh i have a bad voice actor and a crappy death" really that was one of the most ridiculous scene i' have ever seen in a game, oh well ill get it no matter what cause demos always sucks , just look at heavenly sword demo.king-micky207

i know dude , the main character was so god-damned shallow, and the way he was talking he sounded annoyed, he might as well say " c'mon die already i gotta get my nectar....Jeez" FR should fire the dude who wrote that script.

I couldn't take that part at all, I was hitting all my buttons trying to find a way to skip it, but nothing. I got so tired, I just quit the game.

I liked the game, but just hated that part of the demo.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
the demo is not even out in my region yet....
king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 king-micky207

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]

i know dude , the main character was so god-damned shallow, and the way he was talking he sounded annoyed, he might as well say " c'mon die already i gotta get my nectar....Jeez" FR should fire the dude who wrote that script. RMANPOWER

I couldn't take that part at all, I was hitting all my buttons trying to find a way to skip it, but nothing. I got so tired, I just quit the game.

exactly how i feel man, if this part was annoying for a lot of people i wonder how bad could it get in the full game , just imagine playing on hard difficulty and a checkpoint was made before a cut scene , i mean every time you die you gotta go through that scene over and over.... man i can already see myself getting frustrated and putting the game away without beating it, well at least the MP and coop is going to be awesome right?....right? :(

Really? I thought that was actually one of the demo's highlights. Makes me think there might be some sort of underlying emotional current to all the normal FPS fare.

Maersyndel

if that's true then we're in for one damn frustrating ride.

It made sense people tell other people secrets about themselves when they die so it was alright. gamenerd15

but the way he said it was horrible , almost all of the actors in the demo had put zero effort in trying to be emotional, i know nectar is kinda like drugs but c'mon.....

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RMANPOWER

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]

i know dude , the main character was so god-damned shallow, and the way he was talking he sounded annoyed, he might as well say " c'mon die already i gotta get my nectar....Jeez" FR should fire the dude who wrote that script. king-micky207

exactly how i feel man, if this part was annoying for a lot of people i wonder how bad could it get in the full game , just imagine playing on hard difficulty and a checkpoint was made before a cut scene , i mean every time you die you gotta go through that scene over and over.... man i can already see myself getting frustrated and putting the game away without beating it, well at least the MP and coop is going to be awesome right?....right? :(

Not if you can't skip the scene in co-op, but I'm sure MP will be kinda tight.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 king-micky207

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]exactly how i feel man, if this part was annoying for a lot of people i wonder how bad could it get in the full game , just imagine playing on hard difficulty and a checkpoint was made before a cut scene , i mean every time you die you gotta go through that scene over and over.... man i can already see myself getting frustrated and putting the game away without beating it, well at least the MP and coop is going to be awesome right?....right? :(

RMANPOWER

well guess what..you can't!! while i was playing the coop in the demo with a group of random people when that scene with the dying pilot came up you couldn't skip it :(, i really wished that they have included a mission with you playing as one of the rebels , im interested about that "Pretend to be dead" feature, i doubt it would work at all in the MP, MGO has that button but someone would just shot your head while you're staying still, it even happens when you're playing as snake.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RMANPOWER

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]exactly how i feel man, if this part was annoying for a lot of people i wonder how bad could it get in the full game , just imagine playing on hard difficulty and a checkpoint was made before a cut scene , i mean every time you die you gotta go through that scene over and over.... man i can already see myself getting frustrated and putting the game away without beating it, well at least the MP and coop is going to be awesome right?....right? :(

king-micky207

well guess what..you can't!! while i was playing the coop in the demo with a group of random people when that scene with the dying pilot came up you couldn't skip it :(, i really wished that they have included a mission with you playing as one of the rebels , im interested about that "Pretend to be dead" feature, i doubt it would work at all in the MP, MGO has that button but someone would just shot your head while you're staying still, it even happens when you're playing as snake.

Just for you buddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjhbxMVycY

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 king-micky207

Just for you buddy

RMANPOWER

sorry man but i don't get it , why did you link me to that video? :?

EDIT: you were linking me to that Pilot dying scene right? damn dude i think im going to kill someone if keep seeing that scene :P

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RMANPOWER

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

Just for you buddy

king-micky207

Wasn't that video of him dying? I don't have sound on this computer (at work), dang I swore it was.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts
The voice acting is weird because theyre all on drugs, it shows the effects of nectar on the troops. To me thats pretty smart but not everyone got that.
king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 king-micky207
[QUOTE="king-micky207"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

Just for you buddy

RMANPOWER

Wasn't that video of him dying? I don't have sound on this computer (at work), dang I swore it was.

lol yes it was but i thought you were showing me some kind of hidden thing in the game , that's why i was confused , while you were typing your post i was editing my first one, here is the edit:you were linking me to that Pilot dying scene right? damn dude i think im going to kill someone if keep seeing that scene :P

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
thank you fhoeiuwhdousah finally somebody gets the point of why the characters act the way they do. That is the only thing everyone complains about and the fact it is like farcry and the not so great graphics. The jungle is only like that one level and the whole game won't be about the jungle and so what if the graphics are not so great.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="king-micky207"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

Just for you buddy

king-micky207

lol yes it was but i thought you were showing me some kind of hidden thing in the game , that's why i was confused , while you were typing your post i was editing my first one, here is the edit:you were linking me to that Pilot dying scene right? damn dude i think im going to kill someone if keep seeing that scene :P

PHEW!! It sucks not having sound at work, but yeah I had to find the clip of him dying. It's funny how it's right when the video turns on haha

If your on PSN, add me. It's OrinBoyd. I'm about to get off work in 40 mins, FINALLY!!

JackSherbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JackSherbak
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts
After crysis any Jungle setting game is massivly underwhelming
king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 king-micky207
[QUOTE="king-micky207"][QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="king-micky207"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

Just for you buddy

RMANPOWER

PHEW!! It sucks not having sound at work, but yeah I had to find the clip of him dying. It's funny how it's right when the video turns on haha

If your on PSN, add me. It's OrinBoyd. I'm about to get off work in 40 mins, FINALLY!!

lol i know dude, and i will add you on PSN :D

jreed2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jreed2004
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I don't usually post but I agree the demo wasn't that good I think Haze will be the ps3's version of Halo (over-rated, over-hyped, poor graphics, and saved by multiplayer) But I will rent it Thank god for Gamefly and hopefully Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 will deliver.