Has your life been better without PSN?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Well for people like me, who only play PS3, even though I have a wii, and my brother has an Xbox, I only play the PS3. Since PSN's been down, life hasn't really been different for me. I've probably been playing games as much during my free time, but definitely not as late.

I've had a little extra time to study, but let's be serious, who even studies anyways. My real life PSN friends I haven't even really talked to, and I can't text them much, so I haven't hung out with them, sadly.

So really, my life hasn't really changed since PSN has been down, I may play playstation a little less, but it's definitely given me a lot of free time to play singe player on my games without my friends bothering to play CoD. I guess I can concentrate more on studying instead of playing, but whatever, schools almost over. And hanging out with friends, only affected my psn friends.

So honestly, has PSN being down been that bad? I really miss playing online with my buds, but there is always the outside, and Singe player, even got Plat on Fallout: New Vegas. You guys gotten any Plats?

Edit: If I didn't make it clear, I meant to ask. Have you guys been doing something more productive with your lives instead of playing Playstation?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm pretty sure what I'm about to say echos the thoughts of most of the PSN users on this forum...The PSN didn't have to go off-line for us to realize that there's a life out there.:P But I'm almost sure there are others who feel differently.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I happend to move about the time it went down so I have been busy and have not missed it at all.
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

I'm pretty sure what I'm about to say echos the thoughts of most of the PSN users on this forum...The PSN didn't have to go off-line for us to realize that there's a life out there.:P But I'm almost sure there are others who feel differently.

MarcRecon

Well, to be fair. It may give you something else to do. If you like to sit down and play Call of Duty online for two hours a night or more, there's nothing wrong with that (well, depends how much more if it's a regular thing) but without the PSN, you will have extra time to do other things. Like maybe study, which can make your life better in a sense (until the PSN comes back online)

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gotdangit

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

Silos911

Well, to be fair. It may give you something else to do. If you like to sit down and play Call of Duty online for two hours a night or more, there's nothing wrong with that (well, depends how much more if it's a regular thing) but without the PSN, you will have extra time to do other things. Like maybe study, which can make your life better in a sense (until the PSN comes back online)

I wonder how many people just came here, and instead of spending the time they would have on PSN, they spend it online.

I hope you didn't get the idea that I was implying that everyone here has no lives or anything like that.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Has my life been better without PSN? No, ive been working more and playing games less. PSN has nothing to do with it. The small amount of time ive had to play games lately ive been using to get through some single player games. PSN being down hasn't really affected me. I think a lot of people screaming about it need to get out more. Ive been a gamer all my life, and even i know there are other things that can be done for entertainment. Some of the people ive heard screaming about PSN and how they trade their PS3's in after 4 days of PSN being down.. its so sad its almost funny.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

Silos911

My usage of the PSN mainly fall on the 1st and 3rd weekend of the month and maybe for a few hours during the week if I'm caught up on my priorities. I'm not saying that I don't care or miss it...it's just that I've always been good atbalancing my time. So the PSN outage hasn't had a big effect on my productivity

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

just making this thread means its affecting you...you need to go to gamers anonymous.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
yeah kinda.. I've been spending alot more time outside.. and I've also gone back and finished about half a dozen games in the last two weeks..
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts
It hasn"t affected me. It's given me more time away from the PS3 which can only be a good thing.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Not really, I've just been on Gamespot a lot more and surfing the internet more as well.
s-PAtrick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 s-PAtrick-
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
NOOOOOOO MMYY LIIFFE HASNT BEEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
benjamin_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 benjamin_1234
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
No. But next week when PSN should be back and for a while after I'm going to have a lot of work and things to do and not much time to enjoy it. Oh well.
sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

i'd rather be having maggots eat my body inside-out.. does that answer ur question?

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

The only thing that changed for me is that I haven't been able to play Black Ops. Because of that I've focused on my single player games like Mass Effect 2 and Portal 2.

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

Nah, playing SC2 nolife style.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

No, not really. I mainly play single-player games anyway.

Avatar image for ThePhenomenaIHP
ThePhenomenaIHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ThePhenomenaIHP
Member since 2011 • 276 Posts

I finally got out of my cave since 2006. I didn't like it though and I'm back in.:P On a serious note though, I haven't noticed anything different. I still have my single player games, when I wanna spend time on my PS3.

TheFLCLPope88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheFLCLPope88
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts

Nope, still wondering how I'll finish the Portal 2 co-op puzzles as most of my friends on Steam I was going to play with have already done so (I was the only on my PSN list who bought Portal 2). Knowing them they'll just speed run & outright tell you the answer.

Other than that life is still the same, been playing Mafia 1 on my computer & a bit of Minecraft.

survivor9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 survivor9712
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts
ah gotta love gamers
oldsnake12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 oldsnake12
Member since 2008 • 780 Posts
Well ... no
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
I was gonna say not at all but ive been on game forums and game news sites since i found out bout the attack. For online gaming no. I have internet tv to watch my netflix, and ive been playing FF8 for a month now due to limit of play time. Then if i ever finish that i still wanna play through FF6 which will take a month or even longer since L.A Noire comes out in a week or two.
AudioPrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 AudioPrison
Member since 2008 • 1620 Posts

I've just been more bored without it. I was going to work on getting a few trophys but assed with actually completing something and maybe having to do it all again.

And also i've not been able to see my girlfriend alot so even more bored without it as I have even less to do :lol:

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

well seeing as psn doesnt run my life. im good.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i've been playing X360 online as of late, so i'm not affected

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I have a life. but ive been sick the past few days and havent had anything to do except post on here and watch TV. I really just want to put some online in there. I havent played online in a little over 3 weeks. Im starting to show symptoms of withdrawl :P

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
My gf came over to play Portal 2 co-op with me, me using the PS3 copy and her using the free Steam copy that comes with it. Since PSN was down, we couldn't :/ So we had sex instead. So yes, life is better.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

ive been been going through withdrawl >.< i dont know what to do, i have had to play single player games and invite friends over to play multiplayer. to be honest ps3 was the only thing i have left to do because all my friends are to busy with exams im going insane here!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH (lol but in reality im actually going outside more and spending more money than i useto)

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
I spent alot more time getting my finals completed then I would otherwise. All A's FTW.
WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

Not really. When I'd go on PS3, I'd just sit on the XMB and message people anyways.

The only thing that's changed is the ability to do that. So, I do it on 360 instead. :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Pretty much unchanged, i was never very active on PSn to begin with so when it went down sure at times i wanted to have a few games online and maybe race a few people on GT5 but to be honest i always preferred SP from day one. I am currently thinking about buying Mortal Kombat but the interesting thing about that is the online play which would be really good. I know a couple people who are never off their 360 so if anything i'm just glad it wasn't XBL being taken down or we'd REALLY hear about it.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

My life has been much better without PSN.

master_m11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 master_m11
Member since 2008 • 2436 Posts
nothing really changed at all.:lol:
GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

It's been about the same. I've been playing games on my other consoles. Other than the occasional desire to play online, my life has been about the same. Hopefully I can get back online soon.

Chocolant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chocolant
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts

Nope.

90% of what I play is singleplayer anyway bar the odd session where Ill level up (motorstorm before outage for example). But I have about 5 games on the go at any given time most of which are singleplayer anyway

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
Well it kept me off online for my finals week. I guess that's good?
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
not really but i have been doing more productive things with my time instead of just playing games
Canuck3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Canuck3k
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

My life is the same, just...Without PSN. So, no. My life is now worse. Thanks Sony, you made my life a small bit harder.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
My life has been the exact same as before.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gotdangit

I have a life. but ive been sick the past few days and havent had anything to do except post on here and watch TV. I really just want to put some online in there. I havent played online in a little over 3 weeks. Im starting to show symptoms of withdrawl :P

scouttrooperbob

I'm sure most of us have lives... But just because you have a life doesn't mean you don't have time for video games. I pretty much only get to see my girlfriend once or twice a week, and I only work once a week, then I have school for 4 days, but after class, It's usually around 1 or 5 depending on which day, and I have a lot of time left. Either to study or hang out with friends.

And since most of my friends are too busy with school, or work, on the weekdays, I don't have much to do after class but play games. What a bad time for PSN to be down, and summer comes soon, but that's more time for friends!

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
I don't play my PlayStation as much anymore, it didn't really bother me till a few days ago because it's been so long
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
I never went online with the PS3 anyways so it hasn't really affected me, but I just got MK and a lot of people want to play it online so I'm kinda looking forward to that
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
i haven't been playing many games prior to it being down so no. it hasn't affected me.
Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

Kinda of but with the gf gone for a week now and wont be back for another week life with no psn has been crappy. Ive beat portal 2 and homefront and just cause 2 since no psn. I am going to the mountains for the night, believe ill go gamble in BlackHawk Colorado.

TwoNineteen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TwoNineteen_
well about 90 percent of these posts are people saying it's no big deal...well i am an addict. so for me, i feel like i just quit using heroin. i'm addicted to Call of Duty, and i miss it
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

well about 90 percent of these posts are people saying it's no big deal...well i am an addict. so for me, i feel like i just quit using heroin. i'm addicted to Call of Duty, and i miss itTwoNineteen_

I went through withdrawl yesterday over psn. Than Today i opened a program to help those addicted. You pay me $300 for the class and i will break you from your addiction (Aka make you play kitty love on the DS for 6 hours a day)

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Well things outside of games have made my life hell for a couple weeks. PSN, while it is a little lame it is down, is the least of worries. Besides, I can't play online at my house no matter what so the only thing I'm missing is updating trophies, PSN friends, and the PS Store.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
Life has not changed for me. I have not touched my PS3 since the shut down. I actually don't think I've touched it long before the shut down....
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

More time to focus on Quake Live. :D

In all seriousness, I haven't used PSN in a long time (been plowing through Oblivion), so it hasn't really affected me. Once it comes back online I'll pick up Black Ops and romp around online -- it'll be the first COD I purchase since COD4. Wish me luck. :D

Maotoujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maotoujin
Eh, the down time has given me time to finish off a couple of games in my backlog. Otherwise, nothing much has changed aside from spending more time reading and drawing.