Has the PlayStation 4 been pushed to its limits?

#1 Posted by edisonaidor (10 posts) -

Almost every new playstation console since the advent of the playstation 1 has been pushed to their limits, so far there have been rumours and few confirmations of a playstation 5, so do you think the playstation 4 has been pushed to its performance and graphical limits especially with the games ?

#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (1764 posts) -

By the quality of god of war I'd say yes. The last of us 2 will get the most out of the system similarly to how 1 pushed the PS3.

#3 Posted by edisonaidor (10 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: we'll just have to wait and see, a game like gta VI would have the potential to squeeze every ounce on the console as well

#4 Posted by Chris_53 (5498 posts) -

Given how some recent games are performing on PS4, especially the base model, I’d say yes

#5 Posted by Speeny (654 posts) -

Yeah without a doubt. RD2 has topped it.

#6 Posted by CTR360 (8618 posts) -

RDR2 last of us 2 ghost of tsushima ps4 pushed to its limit

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#7 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2354 posts) -

Yea I'd say so.

#8 Posted by Vaidream45 (1445 posts) -

@CTR360: the last of us 2??

#9 Posted by BlackBalls (918 posts) -

Usually the last big AAAE realease on a console pushing the systems limit to the core. God of War 2 on the PS2 and The Last of Us did that.

I'm guessing next year The Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima will blow us away and it'll be a great send off.

#10 Posted by Brag (13 posts) -

Masayoshi Shdo's Cruise

Futaba's Tomb

#11 Edited by SaltSlasher (543 posts) -

See what the new RTX cards will do, we certainly know that the way games are made now, we are hitting the top of where it can go.