Has anyone used these headsets?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

So, I've narrowed my search down to the following two headsets and I wanted to hear any pros or cons from the GS community.

Logitech headset LINK

Sharkoon headset LINK

I would really love a wireless setup, but I would also love surround sound. I've discovered that I can't have it both ways in a PS3 compatible headset... at least that's what I've found. Both of these products have really good reviews, and supposedly the Logitech set sounds as good as most surround sound headsets. I was looking at the Turtle Beach and Tritton offerings, but I've read that they sound good and break easy. If I'm going to drop $150+ on a headset I want it to last. I have looked at the Astro sets as well, but $250 is just too much for my needs.

Thanks in advance for the responses/advice!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If you REALLY want quality... you're looking for the Turtlebeach headsets.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Tritton's are actually better than Turtle Beaches. But to answer your question, I've never tried either one of the headsets.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jshaas
The main thing turning me off from the TB's and Trittons is the reviews I've read/seen. Everyone loves them at first, but then either they break or malfunction. I'm leaning more toward the Logitech set because I know they make good quality products, and I don't really see how a surround sound headset can offer that much more than a good stereo headset. Surround sound on your ears doesn't really make too much sense to me anyway... I mean, how does that work when the speakers are in your ear and not technically surrounding you? BTW, this is a massive bump. I need answers people!!!
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Tritton>Astro>Turtle Beach. That being said Trittons and Astro are pointless on console's because 99% of console games don't support 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital. I recommend the Px21(turtle beaches) or the Astro A30.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jshaas
Tritton>Astro>Turtle Beach. That being said Trittons and Astro are pointless on console's because 99% of console games don't support 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital. I recommend the Px21(turtle beaches) or the Astro A30.Fightingfan
You would rate Trittons better than Astros? Even though Trittons seem to be the most fragile of the three you listed. This, of course, coming from what I've seen on YouTube and read on various sites about them. Do you have experience with each of these? That's great if you do because I'm really not looking to spend $100+ on a headset and then have it fail on me.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Tritton>Astro>Turtle Beach. That being said Trittons and Astro are pointless on console's because 99% of console games don't support 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital. I recommend the Px21(turtle beaches) or the Astro A30.jshaas
You would rate Trittons better than Astros? Even though Trittons seem to be the most fragile of the three you listed. This, of course, coming from what I've seen on YouTube and read on various sites about them. Do you have experience with each of these? That's great if you do because I'm really not looking to spend $100+ on a headset and then have it fail on me.

Well, if you want something below $100 and that offers great quality sound but lacks Dolby Digital and a wireless connections The Px21 are you go to headset clockin' in on about 55-65 ish. I personally own the Px21 for ps3/, A30 for MP3 use and the Trittons Ax 720 pros with a Triax 720 surround sound receiver which I wouldn't recommend for anything except DJ mixing. Also the exception experience I've had with my trittons also make me more of a "fanboy" of there products. Bang for buck though the PX21 are the go to headset it works with Ps3,360 and PC.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fightingfan

PX 21 wired but it's like the Volvo of headsets.

I see two gramatical errors in my 2nd post but I can't edit the post for some reason.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jshaas

PX 21 wired but it's like the Volvo of headsets.

I see two gramatical errors in my 2nd post but I can't edit the post for some reason.

Fightingfan
I've looked at these and the DPX21 which add surround sound. Can't remember the price though. If only TB would make a PS3 compatible version of the X41... wireless and surround sound. They're 360 only, but they are amazing. The only downside I've seen for them is the batteries don't last long at all. I'll forgive the grammatical errors... this time.;)
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Yeah, I was quite mad when TB didn't make any "cheap" wireless headsets but the cable is a good 25 ft-ish.. I can almost answer my door from my coach :P
pompeyfan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pompeyfan94
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Tritton>Astro>Turtle Beach. That being said Trittons and Astro are pointless on console's because 99% of console games don't support 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital. I recommend the Px21(turtle beaches) or the Astro A30.jshaas

dont listen to youtube, its full of fakers trying to sell or trash certain products, u only really will find out for yourself after you buy, honestly, you should be looking at turtlebeach, tritton or astro, they are miles infront of all the other headset brands when it comes to gaming. but if u dont like either of them, take a look at sennheiser