Hands-On with Jak and Daxter New Frontier says Disappoint is Coming...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

Joystiq recently had a hand-on wpreview with the new upcoming Jak and Daxter game, and it isn't pretty...link:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/07/hands-on-jak-and-daxter-the-lost-frontier/

I too was wondering why they didn't talk much about the game and this hands on seems to be why. I was excited abotu this game but the way this article descirbed the game makes me sick. I can't understand how it could be that bad, but from what they siad and describedI think my expectations went down fast. I hope they improve on this game greatly later on. While it seemed to me this hands on seems to be a joke at first, I don't think it was. I mean the way they described this game was pretty bad. Granted this is a very early version of the game they tried, but still. After that hands on, I will not be looking forward to this game as much as I was before...what do you guys think of the hands on? A Sick joke, a disappointment, or other?

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
Well, it's High Impact, so the hands-on is probably right.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

I am disapointed to here this.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

im not a big JaD fan and I was going to give this one a try but now its turned me off

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
*cries* It's like being punched in the gut, I'm such a huge J&D fan...
miless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 miless
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts

Im not a sheep so I like to have my own opinions

Gambitcrawfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gambitcrawfish
Member since 2003 • 131 Posts

Naughty Dog isn't making it. What did you really expect?

Hopefully ND just pulls a Call of Duty 3 and forgets it existed. I think that would be best for the series.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

They said Secret Agent Clank was medicore, allthough we all know its a great game. So i dont much care for this Preview.

B-o-u-n-c-e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 B-o-u-n-c-e
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts
Late april fools. Obviously.
Peabody99224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Peabody99224
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
Ouch...
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

i don't know whats going on with most of the upcoming games coming out for the psp. Every game seems to be mediocre at best and game developers are not polishing the game before releasing it. I am not talking about minor bugs here. Example: soul calibur Broken Destiny, a game that we were all looking forward to was a huge dissapointment when its missing a WHOLE portion of the the game by not even having a story mode. next: GT: portable, again... no career mode let a lot of people down, but it is still strong with lots others. I do think with career mode included, the game would achieve the same level of standards that HIGH quality games are supposed to be like (example: crisis core, GOW, etc). 3rd case: Marvel Ultimate alliance 2. HOLY CRAP. this game takes bad to a whole new level. I don't know how they can mess up a great psp game (MUA: 1) into a terrible psp game when they released a sequel. shouldn't sequels be even better than originals?! I wish MUA:2 used the exact same graphics engine as MUA 1, and made adjustment to powers, additional characters and ofcourse a new story line. Do they not test these games before release?! I am starting to believe that the game industry is the same as movie industries, where movie sequels usually end up sucking compared to the original. I am already expecting a dissapointment with dante's inferno (just don't think it will be as polished as GOW, and will be more like 300)

I am looking forward to Tekken 6 (i have yet to find out if it has an arcade mode with story for each characters), and Assasins Creed, because both developers promote the game and showed us clips, which means they are not hiding a lot from us. If a game developer does not talk about their game, then thats usually a bad sign for the game.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

They said Secret Agent Clank was medicore, allthough we all know its a great game. So i dont much care for this Preview.

JohnnyWPSP

That is true and I think High Impact did a really good job btw did you change your account ?

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

Im not a sheep so I like to have my own opinions

miless
Well that is true but they described what it felt like pretty well, games have had these problems, and this was more like a perview of the game...didn't seem to good.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyWPSP"]

digimonkey12

That is true and I think High Impact did a really good job btw did you change your account ?

What do you mean with changing my account?