Guys im scared of Yellow light of dead (or however they call it)

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShunnX7
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

Im scared cause i love play PS3 (lot of time) but im starting to see lot of people with this problem, didnt sony says the PS3 has a 0.2% of overheating but now i think theres more chance :S

I dont know, i dont want to pay 150$ to get it fixed thats why i get the PS3 instead of the Xbox 360 cause the 360 overheats a lot.. but now i see the PS3 has this problem too, and with source of a high chance..

It was worth buying it then?

Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts
Two of my friends & I got it in the same month. I think its happening more, but its still rare.
GameWiz47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 GameWiz47
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
wow! nonsense v4.3 has just been released!!
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
Dont be stupid basically, leave it in a open space with ventilation and when it says shut the PS3 off because its too hot (Which it shouldn't if you placed the PS3 where I said and dont play for like 12 hours straight) and yes it does give you a message when its getting to hot. Obviously you do what the message tells you, shut it off and go outside and take a jog or something.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

Im scared cause i love play PS3 (lot of time) but im starting to see lot of people with this problem, didnt sony says the PS3 has a 0.2% of overheating but now i think theres more chance :S

I dont know, i dont want to pay 150$ to get it fixed thats why i get the PS3 instead of the Xbox 360 cause the 360 overheats a lot.. but now i see the PS3 has this problem too, and with source of a high chance..

ShunnX7

There is no such thing as yellow light of death. Saying that would imply that there is a mass out break of PS3's bricking and there isn't. my PS3 is on for weeks (once even a month) at a time and I never have any problems with it.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Azul_Cobra
[QUOTE="ShunnX7"]

jeremiah06

There is no such thing as yellow light of death. Saying that would imply that there is a mass out break of PS3's bricking and there isn't. my PS3 is on for weeks (once even a month) at a time and I never have any problems with it.

Nuff' said.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeremiah06

Dont be stupid basically, leave it in a open space with ventilation and when it says shut the PS3 off because its too hot (Which it shouldn't if you placed the PS3 where I said and dont play for like 12 hours straight) and yes it does give you a message when its getting to hot. Obviously you do what the message tells you, shut it off and go outside and take a jog or something.Azul_Cobra

BS I've played for 12 hours and even left it one for a month, yet no problems; as long as he doesn't play his PS3 inside of a cardboard box he should be fine.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Azul_Cobra
Which is what I said, leave it in an open area with ventilation :roll:
ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShunnX7

I didnt say my PS3 got the YLOD im just saying that is it me or the ps3 is having the same problem with the 360.. lot of overheating and the 0.2% its more then before

By the way how is that message the PS3 gives you when its to hot? a shut down? blinking?

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jeremiah06

Which is what I said, leave it in an open area with ventilation :roll:Azul_Cobra

You also said not to play for 12 hours...

Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts
YLOD DOES EXIST. Its a small problem, but its real. Sony was replacing launch 60GB & 20GB with YLOD for free up until february 2008
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeremiah06

I didnt say my PS3 got the YLOD im just saying that is it me or the ps3 is having the same problem with the 360.. lot of overheating and the 0.2% its more then before

By the way how is that message the PS3 gives you when its to hot? a shut down? blinking?

ShunnX7

No its just you, that's what happens when you base you information off of random rumors instead of actual facts.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Azul_Cobra

[QUOTE="Azul_Cobra"]Which is what I said, leave it in an open area with ventilation :roll:jeremiah06

You also said not to play for 12 hours...

Ya I wrote incorrectly, I meant if you put the PS3 in enclosed place and play it for a sh!t load of time...well you know the end result as anyone else should.

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShunnX7
I think thats why im asking..
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeremiah06

YLOD DOES EXIST. Its a small problem, but its real. Sony was replacing launch 60GB & 20GB with YLOD for free up until february 2008Haseokicksass

You misunderstand my point. Sure about 500 of the 14 million PS3's broke; if that number was as large as 25- 30% then you could call it YLOD, the percent of PS3 bricking are less than 3% so like I said YLOD does not exist. Its just that some PS3 are bricking because that's what hardware does anything that's mass produced are bound to have some malfunctions but when it becomes a large problem like the 360 then you can call it a death nick name.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Azul_Cobra
Most likely 1.5% of that 3% are morons who put there PS3 basically in a box and play for hours on end or leave it running. Pretty much asking for your system to overheat and choke.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

"Yellow light of death" play off of 360's "Red ring of death"

Only, RROD exists and YLOD doesn't. Don't you know anything about those damn "system wars"? These losers actually take so far to think "army vs army" and throw little snits at each other. If you believe a rumor like that and never actually looked it up (cause I know I would if I'm about to shell out several hundreds of dollars for a console) then you shouldn't be gaming. You live in "fear" for the rest of your life.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
[QUOTE="ShunnX7"]

jeremiah06

One month?? Good thinking dude.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeremiah06

Most likely 1.5% of that 3% are morons who put there PS3 basically in a box and play for hours on end or leave it running. Pretty much asking for your system to overheat and choke.Azul_Cobra

This

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Azul_Cobra
Apparently he has enough money to pay that much for the hydro bill...that is if he is even paying for A bill...
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="ShunnX7"]

Thomasdeleo

One month?? Good thinking dude.

Thanks I think so too. (ignoring the sarcasm)

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Azul_Cobra has said it all. That's why I'm agreeing with his/her post.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeremiah06

YLOD DOES EXIST. Its a small problem, but its real. Sony was replacing launch 60GB & 20GB with YLOD for free up until february 2008Haseokicksass

I didn't even have to reply to this, you pawned you own logic. Saying YLOD implies that its a large problem, or such a drastic word like death wouldn't have been used. You then go on to say "Its a small problem" So yea after you get done owning yourself maybe than you can put up a decent argument.

You may now face palm as you reflect your own stupidity...

god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
So...you rather play a 360 with a 30% chance of getting RROD, or a PS3 with less than 0.1% chance of getting YLOD? Which do you prefer?
kreemghandour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 kreemghandour
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts
I havent had any problems. Keep the system in open space good ventalation. I have like 125 work units on folding@home so I have had mine on many times.
toronto969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 toronto969
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
just wear a condom when playing your ps3....its always best to be safe
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeremiah06

Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.toronto969

Maybe that's because you don't understand my logic. "Saying YLOD implies that its a large problem, or such a drastic word like death wouldn't have been used."

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShunnX7
I prefer playing with any problems, no 0.2 and 30% i want to play safe cause anyways its a small percent but its STILL dangerous =)
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jeremiah06

I prefer playing with any problems, no 0.2 and 30% i want to play safe cause anyways its a small percent but its STILL dangerous =)ShunnX7

Then here is a question... have you every played a game before or even used any hardware? There is always a percent of hardware (or anything that is mass produced) that wont work its just one of those facts of life.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Azul_Cobra

Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.toronto969

I really dont like being mean but your asking for it dude, your logic is retarded. Why? You just answered it. "Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used". No you see because its NOT widespread you don't use that term. Why not you may ask? Your basically implying that its a huge deal and that it is very common across the globe. How are you doing this? Because the actual name is so called Yellow light of "death". Going back to the "very common across the globe" point. Sorry dude just click here and be done with it.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="toronto969"]Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.jeremiah06

Maybe that's because you don't understand my logic. "Saying YLOD implies that its a large problem, or such a drastic word like death wouldn't have been used."

From here on end it will be known as the Yellow Light Of Destiny.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="toronto969"]Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.Azul_Cobra

I really dont like being mean but your asking for it dude, your logic is retarded. Why? You just answered it. "Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used". No you see because its NOT widespread you don't use that term. Why not you may ask? Your basically implying that its a huge deal and that it is very common across the globe. How are you doing this? Because the actual name is so called Yellow light of "death". Going back to the "very common across the globe" point. Sorry dude just click here and be done with it.

Thanks I couldn't have said it better myself. We make a pretty good team.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Azul_Cobra
No worries, I have to admit that we do. The only problem is that he probably is to short-sighted or mentally challenged to grasp what we are trying to explain to him.
Um_Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Um_Wut
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

just wear a condom when playing your ps3....its always best to be safeyungswift44

Phail

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Azul_Cobra

[QUOTE="yungswift44"]just wear a condom when playing your ps3....its always best to be safeUm_Wut

Phail

I couldn't agree more, I didn't even notice him type that :P.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jeremiah06

No worries, I have to admit that we do. The only problem is that he probably is to short-sighted or mentally challenged to grasp what we are trying to explain to him.Azul_Cobra

Yea, as is that guy in the LBP forum.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

what the hell is this "yellow light of death", i'm seeing it all over the place.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Azul_Cobra
The problem with him is that he acts like a 2 year old you know? "Its my way and everyone else is stupid" is basically what he is saying.
Lucho_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lucho_21
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
By what I'm reading in all this topic it apperas there's no need to worry so much right????? But does this happens to all ps3s (40GB, 60GB ,80 GB????)
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Azul_Cobra
Its not even real dude. Just don't let your PS3 overheat.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jeremiah06

what the hell is this "yellow light of death", i'm seeing it all over the place.

Sk8ter_213

You mean yellow light of destiny? Basically when the infamous 2.40 update started to brick like 50 PS3's world wide the xbots made a term to combat their red ring of death.

rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
[QUOTE="Azul_Cobra"]

[QUOTE="toronto969"]Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.jeremiah06

Yes, and let me add to this... Equipment, especially electrical and electronic equipment, that is mass-produced have a failure rate which I think they call it "infant mortality". I learned it before, but I forgot the term. That is why warranties are for the first year after you own it because in the second year and beyond, they think that they [the company] is no longer responsible for the fault and it's from normal wear and tear. It's normal and from the standpoint of the company, it's still cheaper than to hand-make each PS3 and check the workmanship manually. :)

As for giving it a name, the discussion made me think of the Christian Slater movie, Broken Arrow. Not a great movie, but one good line. Something like:

A: "We have a Broken Arrow."

B: "What is that?"

A: "That's when a nuclear weapon goes missing."

B: "Wow! I don't know if I should shocked that it has gone missing or that it happens often enough that we give it a name!"

Seems relevant to this discussion... ;)

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeremiah06

The problem with him is that he acts like a 2 year old you know? "Its my way and everyone else is stupid" is basically what he is saying.Azul_Cobra

Yes, I've seen him on countless LBP forums acting the same way as if he is offended at people for think that LBP is innovative or something. The funny thing about it is that whole time he never truly understood the meaning of the word.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Azul_Cobra"]

[QUOTE="toronto969"]Just cause it is a small problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its exactly what happens people get a yellow light on their PS3 and it dies. Just because it's not as wide spread problem as the 360's doesn't mean the term cannot be used. Your logic is just plain stupid to be honest.rayjapan

Yes, and let me add to this... Equipment, especially electrical and electronic equipment, that is mass-produced have a failure rate which I think they call it "infant mortality". I learned it before, but I forgot the term. That is why warranties are for the first year after you own it because in the second year and beyond, they think that they [the company] is no longer responsible for the fault and it's from normal wear and tear. It's normal and from the standpoint of the company, it's still cheaper than to hand-make each PS3 and check the workmanship manually. :)

As for giving it a name, the discussion made me think of the Christian Slater movie, Broken Arrow. Not a great movie, but one good line. Something like:

A: "We have a Broken Arrow."

B: "What is that?"

A: "That's when a nuclear weapon goes missing."

B: "Wow! I don't know if I should shocked that it has gone missing or that it happens often enough that we give it a name!"

Seems relevant to this discussion... ;)

Its part of the same thing I was saying its not just games, but anything mass produced will have a failure rate. Also yes, that movie reference was very relevant to this discussion.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Azul_Cobra
Ya its pretty bad im not gonna lie...at first it seemed like he was really mature about than later he should kept basically saying no ur wrong im right.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeremiah06

Ya its pretty bad im not gonna lie...at first it seemed like he was really mature about than later he should kept basically saying no ur wrong im right.Azul_Cobra

QFT

Edit: that Link was hilarious:lol:

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Azul_Cobra
Rofl I know huh? My friend sent me it after he rocked me in warhawk lmao. I was afraid it was another stupid a$$ rick roll trick.
Lucho_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lucho_21
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
I was looking some videos and the yellow light thing its not something so huge.... I mean no possibilities either(well yes but minimum)
fnd461

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fnd461
Member since 2005 • 179 Posts

There shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't overplay or place it in a heaty place. I just think that ALL electronics WILL overheat if you OVERUSE it.

As for the 360, it's a scam to make people move to the next console ASAP.