Guitar Hero III controller = extremely flawed for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

So it started out with the whammy bar not working very well, I could extract maybe half of a half of an inch of star power for every 5 second long note, at best. Then it started with long notes randomly kicking out, and buttons not working like they should, and then the strumming is now apparently random.

The part that pisses me off is it is hard to five star songs, because the notes always kick out in the middle of star power, or I can't get star power from long notes, and I can't beat the devil because he gets whammy on me and my whammy bar is broken and it's an instant failure. Whenever I change the batteries, the guitar works fine for, oh I don't know, 10 seconds, then the whammy bar goes on the fritz again, and then the buttons go on the fritz, then the strumming.

I don't need something I payed 100+ dollars for to mess up on me like this, and it seriously PISSES ME OFF that the cheap ass greedy money pigs and worst customer service company Red Octane would actually charge me for shipping fees to fix the broken guitar that THEY sent me, and I did nothing to deserve it, in fact I've bought all the Guitar Hero's, and I bought Guitar Hero 2 two times, and all of my guitars have went haywire, and now this one (within the first day of having it) goes screwy on me.

Well screw you Red Octane, you guys can't make a product worth a crap, nor can you serve your customers fairly. Why should I have to pay for shipping fees for THEM to fix THEIR broken product because they cannot do it right the first time?

Are there any fixes that I, myself can do? Because I refuse to give them one more red cent at this point.

This is BS.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
that sucks, why don't you bring it back to the store. They'll just give you another one.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
thats why i bought the PS2 version. too many bugs with the PS3 one.
dkeils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dkeils
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
stupid question maybe..but does the guitar for PS2 work with the PS3 game versions?
DocBullfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DocBullfrog
Member since 2002 • 37 Posts

You can get a replacement. I ran the auto lag tool but it set it at 0 ms... i then set it to 21-31ish ms and I am having a much better time. That coupled with the hyperspead cheat it got alot easier to play. I just have to 5 star the Slayer song to unlock the easy guitar and just beat medium. Give me a break its my first GH experience ;)

PenguinHero7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PenguinHero7
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
I here you, I was going for an fc of laydown on expert I got to the end and I was strumming a part with many notes and my rythym is perfect and I hereCAPLINK, I check and my 4x is 0, I paused and I was 94% through the song, probably gonna get ps2 version soon.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
return it to the store if it's broken.
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
well man did you cailibrate the lag and sync your wammy bar and did you take the 2 peices apart and blow into the guitar make sure theres nothing blocking the 2 peices from connecting right
diablos101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 diablos101
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts

well man did you cailibrate the lag and sync your wammy bar and did you take the 2 peices apart and blow into the guitar make sure theres nothing blocking the 2 peices from connecting rightCrazy87

Hey i think i was playing you in warhawk earlier... In one of the matches you beat me to the top position by 1 point i think something like 130+ points...

laliluleylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 laliluleylo
Member since 2004 • 91 Posts

Damn I wanna but this game, but dunno if I should with all the problems the guitars are having. What do you guys think??

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
My friend brought his over, we had no problems, just chose 0 lag in the options
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
I'm not experiencing any of these problems. I had some issues early on, but the lag calibration fixed them. My wammy bar works fine. My batteries work fine. Everything is fine. I know there are people having these things happen to them, but it shouldn't deter people from partaking, because most people aren't having problems.
pielover666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 pielover666
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts

So it started out with the whammy bar not working very well, I could extract maybe half of a half of an inch of star power for every 5 second long note, at best. Then it started with long notes randomly kicking out, and buttons not working like they should, and then the strumming is now apparently random.

The part that pisses me off is it is hard to five star songs, because the notes always kick out in the middle of star power, or I can't get star power from long notes, and I can't beat the devil because he gets whammy on me and my whammy bar is broken and it's an instant failure. Whenever I change the batteries, the guitar works fine for, oh I don't know, 10 seconds, then the whammy bar goes on the fritz again, and then the buttons go on the fritz, then the strumming.

I don't need something I payed 100+ dollars for to mess up on me like this, and it seriously PISSES ME OFF that the cheap ass greedy money pigs and worst customer service company Red Octane would actually charge me for shipping fees to fix the broken guitar that THEY sent me, and I did nothing to deserve it, in fact I've bought all the Guitar Hero's, and I bought Guitar Hero 2 two times, and all of my guitars have went haywire, and now this one (within the first day of having it) goes screwy on me.

Well screw you Red Octane, you guys can't make a product worth a crap, nor can you serve your customers fairly. Why should I have to pay for shipping fees for THEM to fix THEIR broken product because they cannot do it right the first time?

Are there any fixes that I, myself can do? Because I refuse to give them one more red cent at this point.

This is BS.

Bluestorm-Kalas
Even though Red Octane didn't make teh Guitar for GH3?