guitar hero II and ps3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by expanded (8430 posts) -
so.. has anyone have any word on if it can be possible or is it possible :o
i hear there's that adapter for ps2 port to usb or pro card or something.. ?
D: can u still play guitar hero?
#2 Posted by grimone01 (200 posts) -

I know that there is an adapter out there (or is coming ) that will allow you to use the guitars or any other PS2 controller with the PS3.  There shouldn't be an issue with playing it on the PS3 as it's totally backwards compatible.

Head to your local gaming shop and ask around!

Good luck!

#3 Posted by CJL182 (9233 posts) -
All current ps2 to usb adapters won't work for guitar and other peripheral controllers because the PS3 asks the user to press the PS button before a PS/PS2 game completely loads.  Since the adapter and the guitar/peripheral controller don't have a PS button, you'll never be able to load the PS/PS2 game.  Nyko is supposedly going to release a new adapter that will bypass this issue though.
#4 Posted by lazzordude (6685 posts) -

when is this nyko adapter coming out?

#5 Posted by CajunShooter (5276 posts) -
Guitar Hero for the PS3 will be released sometime this year. Who knows if it will simply be a port like they did with the 360 or it will actually be a new game. I am hoping it will be a new game and come out in Oct/Nov
#6 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
[QUOTE="CajunShooter"]Guitar Hero for the PS3 will be released sometime this year. Who knows if it will simply be a port like they did with the 360 or it will actually be a new game. I am hoping it will be a new game and come out in Oct/Nov

link?
#7 Posted by jwat4 (1934 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="CajunShooter"]Guitar Hero for the PS3 will be released sometime this year. Who knows if it will simply be a port like they did with the 360 or it will actually be a new game. I am hoping it will be a new game and come out in Oct/Nov

link?

Yeah I would definately like to see a link...because well I am kinda tired of playing the same song over and over...and especially tired of the dealing with the lag on my HDTV...Guitar Hero is an awesome game...in HD...and full surround sound it would be even better... I just hope they allow you to use the original controllers with a newer game...how nice would that be...not having to spend like $150 just to play the game if the released a PS3 version...
#8 Posted by general_KDI (1068 posts) -

TBA 2007.

Directly from IGN release dates. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

#9 Posted by PSBox3SixWi (1341 posts) -
i dont have the usb/PS2 adapter so i cant try this, but why cant you just start with the PS3 controller, press the PS button, then plug in the guitar into the PS3?
#10 Posted by jwat4 (1934 posts) -
i dont have the usb/PS2 adapter so i cant try this, but why cant you just start with the PS3 controller, press the PS button, then plug in the guitar into the PS3?
PSBox3SixWi
See that was my thought...but I dont want to buy the adapter and try it if it doesnt work....
#11 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSBox3SixWi"]i dont have the usb/PS2 adapter so i cant try this, but why cant you just start with the PS3 controller, press the PS button, then plug in the guitar into the PS3?
jwat4
See that was my thought...but I dont want to buy the adapter and try it if it doesnt work....

This doesnt work because when you press the PS button to activate the controller it will place it into slot 1. And the guitar controller still when plugged in won't be recognized because you will have to enable it regardless of the loopholes you try.