GTA V First Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
#1 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

IGN's article talks about GTA V and goes into details about the gameplay. Sounds very promising.

#2 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

I'm just not sure the whole being 3 characters is truly appealing to me, I loved the whole san Andreas with th and the customisation and the growth of the story not sure its going to have that feel to it, but no matter what my doubts are im still really excited

#3 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Personally speaking I don't have enough information to feel one way or the other about the three protagonist game play, or how it will affect the game. I will say knowing the little that I do about it, I'm a little skeptical that I will enjoy controlling three characters all the time. That just seems like a headache to me.
#4 Posted by FriendlyFalcon (191 posts) -

i hope i actually want to do the activites this time. there were only 2 activities in gta 4 that i cared about. racing, and playing pool with roman. bowling and darts could have been more fun but the transitions took forever.

#5 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I'm... Decidedly Un-Hyped, about another GTA game. Not sure how I feel about that, but the truth is, I've grown away from the series in the last 8-10 years. I love Rockstar, I even have the book about GTA's genesis, and it's historical significance. I've played every one of the games, for multiple systems... got GTA2 on my lappie, right here in front of me. I'm a fan, but this game...

Eh.

I hope things change, but I'm really not feelin' this. For those who are, I'm psyched FOR you, though!

:D

I know some of you have been waiting an awfully long time.

#6 Posted by Fear- (499 posts) -
I trust rockstar to make a good game, I didn't like GTA4 much but hopefully they can fix what was wrong with the game. They need to work on the missions and hopefully they have good radio stations this time like in Vice City.
#7 Posted by CTR360 (8369 posts) -
looks gorgeous i trust rockstar i cant wait for the trailer and the game
#8 Posted by mav_destroyer (3073 posts) -

I'm... Decidedly Un-Hyped, about another GTA game. Not sure how I feel about that, but the truth is, I've grown away from the series in the last 8-10 years. I love Rockstar, I even have the book about GTA's genesis, and it's historical significance. I've played every one of the games, for multiple systems... got GTA2 on my lappie, right here in front of me. I'm a fan, but this game...

Eh.

I hope things change, but I'm really not feelin' this. For those who are, I'm psyched FOR you, though!

:D

I know some of you have been waiting an awfully long time.

MonkeySpot
I felt that way about GTA IV, maybe it's because I've skipped a title and taken a break from the series that I feel kind of excited about GTA V now. I know one thing for sure though, even though it's typically a single player game its TONS more fun playing it with someone else. Not sure if this next title will have a co-op mode or not since there's going to be 3 protagonists, but I have a feeling it will still be a solid title.
#9 Posted by punisher1 (3264 posts) -

IGN's article talks about GTA V and goes into details about the gameplay. Sounds very promising.

finalserenade75
Anything has to be better then the depressing atmosphere of liberty city. Though honestly I wish they would do another 80s vice city again. But I think they wont because GTA:Vice City stories sold the least of any GTA game. Which is odd because it was a lot better then liberty city stories.
#10 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I read a 23 page reveal on Game Informer last week, and the hour I spent absorbed in it was so worth it. GTA V is taking the series in new directions, and everything about it is sure to make it one of the best games of all time. I seriously cannot wait!