GTA ChinaTown Wars? Liberty City? Vice City Stories? Which?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShatteredNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShatteredNight
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

Im stuck on which one to get; I love the old style GTA and the Camera View; The old GTA's also have alot of cheat codes that make it fun for fooling around;

Then again ive heard ChinaTown Wars is a great game in the GTA seris; I dont know though; The Bird Eye View and such make me wonder on how it'll be;

Which one would you get for the PSP?

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
ChinaTown Wars because I prefere top-down view like the two first ones.
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Vice city for me. Been playing through it the last week or so and it's fantastic. Really is amazing how much they packed into it.

Aircraft, boats, helis, cars, bikes, tanks, racing, amusement parks, and so on and so forth. Better than Liberty, and imo, much more immersing than CTW.

Don't get me wrong, the classic overhead GTA's were great. Some of my absolute favs, but theres only so much you can do with an aging formula.

And the top down GTA's just don't feel as "alive" as the new 3D gen..

pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts
Liberty City Stories. It feels the most like its original counterpart, GTA 3. Liberty and Vice City Stories are both pretty cool.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Vice City Stories... Played Liberty too, but Vice City was way better. Just awesome game, one of my favourites for the PSP :)

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
For some reason i thought VCS is garbage. I could never get into it. I prefer LCS
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

loved LCS and VCS. enjoyed VCS more cuz of the helicopters. I will get CTW when I do have enough money

ZazDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZazDogg
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

Why waste a great feature for the PSP? When Chinatown Wars comes out on PSP, it's going to be on a birds-eye view. Unlike DS, the PSP has actually got decent graphics when playing 3D games. Rockstar should have made Chinatown Wars for the PSP in 3D view like VCS and LCS. VCS was the better out of the two.

pachetah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pachetah
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It depends on gameplay. In GTA: LCS there isnt very many 'intresting' veicles (atv's, helicopters, ect.) however VCS has more vehicles than bot CW and LCS Chinatown Wars is an excellent game with many thiings (missions, minigames, drug dealing, ect.) But if you dont like the original gta's then chinatown wars might not be very appealing to you. (but its definately worth a try) so it ties with two: VCS or CW (depending on your likes)
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
It depends on gameplay. In GTA: LCS there isnt very many 'intresting' veicles (atv's, helicopters, ect.) however VCS has more vehicles than bot CW and LCS Chinatown Wars is an excellent game with many thiings (missions, minigames, drug dealing, ect.) But if you dont like the original gta's then chinatown wars might not be very appealing to you. (but its definately worth a try) so it ties with two: VCS or CW (depending on your likes)pachetah
Hi-five for reviving a 3+ year old topic! :D
sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts
Why not check out Retro Rampage? (i forget what it was called exactly) It's free for PS+ users right now and totally worth it :)
Cobusbotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cobusbotes
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts

I had the same question and did a lot of research on forums. I loved Vice City and GTA 3 on PS2 and was never a fan of the top-down GTA's. I got some credit added to my PSN account, but after buying God of War, I was just short of cash for buying Vice City stories and could only afford Chinatown Wars. After a long time of hesitation, I gave it a shot. Best decision ever. CTW is a great game and super addictive. The game is well-polished for Vita and plays awesome. It takes you a couple of minutes to get used to the view and then the game absorbs you.

4-Legged-Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 4-Legged-Shark
Member since 2010 • 1031 Posts

I had so much fun with the PSP GTA's back in the day.... but that was mostly due to the "Cheat Device" which was like a godsend. It turned GTA into a kind of portable Garry's Mod it was ridiculous... god I miss that Cheat Device. You could even use helicopters in LCS if you had the Cheat Device, because they were actually hidden in the game.

sun_spirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 sun_spirit
Member since 2006 • 920 Posts

My vote goes for Chinatown Wars.

Had a lot of fun with the old-school style camera and gameplay. Very good game for one that was originally a Nintendo DS exclusive.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

Chinatown Wars all the way
VCS and LCS were good too but Chinatown Wars was on a completely different level

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

coolyfett says the best choice would be vcs, that was a very enjoyable game. lcs was also pretty good. coolyfett has owned b reviewed both games. great investments for the psp and vita

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Chinatown wars is was way better than the other two