This topic is locked from further discussion.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

To be honest, I don't care about prologue. I'd rather skip it and get GT5.

However, one thing caught my eyes. No car damage.

I find that very disappointing. GT series always claimed they are about giving players the experience of driving these expensive cars, but safety is always huge aspect when it comes to building a car. Not only that, it sucks realism out of the driving experience because you can just push other cars away.

I really hope by GT5 they add the damage or I might pass the game entirely.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

To be honest, I don't care about prologue. I'd rather skip it and get GT5.

However, one thing caught my eyes. No car damage.

I find that very disappointing. GT series always claimed they are about giving players the experience of driving these expensive cars, but safety is always huge aspect when it comes to building a car. Not only that, it sucks realism out of the driving experience because you can just push other cars away.

I really hope by GT5 they add the damage or I might pass the game entirely.

TriangleHard

Same. I agree with you.... at least give a little damage modelling. We don't need burnout damage... but at least some dents or something.

And I wish you could enable more rules within the races... like penalties and such. I found on the prologue demo I took so many shortcuts which I used in GT4 on the suzuka circuit.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
There is a artical some where talking about why GT5 Prolog does not have damage. long story shot some car companys are fine with it. others wont allow it at all. so when GT5 rolls around some cars will have damage others won't
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Heard somewhere that they're going to probably add day and night races along with damage with the update. Don't expect it anytime soon though. Also, who is spreading all these rumors about GT5 Prologue having damage right now?
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

well see they would make the cars get beat up but they use brand name exotic cars, it has to be allowed by the company. besides, its always been that way. some games arent about beating the crap out of your car. its a littel weird hitting a wall ehad on and driving away from it but you would still LOSE because of that.

also, i AM going to get this game as my frist racer because i read about the weather, they are going to make the weather in teh real world effect the courses in gt5. that is PIMP! a chicago level would be a bloody mess even without car damage

SunzyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 SunzyMan
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

In a way damage would be good as it would add to the realistic side of things but I wouldnt want to be doinga 300lap race and on the 299 lap a a.i car smashes me into a wall and then race over :(

Would be silly if only some cars can get damage and others cannot. I dont want to be smashing up my Nissan Gt-r anyways :D

Plus some of the speeds you can do in the game if it was that realistic the driver would be a dead man, think that slight damage if it was in the same place with the same damage it would become enoying like it is on some games.

Crash into a wall front on and the rear engine starts to smoke :D

I miss the old race mod upgrade where you could take any car and get a full race body kit, spolier and some race decals put on was only in the 1st Gt I believe.

Either way the game will be good, online should be alot of fun

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

In a way damage would be good as it would add to the realistic side of things but I wouldnt want to be doinga 300lap race and on the 299 lap a a.i car smashes me into a wall and then race over :(

Would be silly if only some cars can get damage and others cannot. I dont want to be smashing up my Nissan Gt-r anyways :D

Plus some of the speeds you can do in the game if it was that realistic the driver would be a dead man, think that slight damage if it was in the same place with the same damage it would become enoying like it is on some games.

Crash into a wall front on and the rear engine starts to smoke :D

I miss the old race mod upgrade where you could take any car and get a full race body kit, spolier and some race decals put on was only in the 1st Gt I believe.

Either way the game will be good, online should be alot of fun

SunzyMan
Thats what they been talk about. if they where to do full damage as in a sim going at speeds well over 100MPH you be dead or the car would be toast. even just a small fender bender at speeds over 100MPH could render the car useless. they are trying to sort it out the best they can. in the long run for me, i dont really care if it has damage or not. its about the thrill of driving the car for me and spending days if not weeks on one car tuning to profection. thats what GT has always been about thats why i keep comming back.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
They are working on it for GT 5 as a possible update. Nothing is comfirmed.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

The whole point of driving is go fast without hitting anything.

GT series always tried to be more of driving sim, but it never became driving sim because you can always hit things to turn without reducing speed.

Also if I'm not wrong, there are other games out there that has real cars taking damage. Why can't GT series have the same?

I know car companies want their cars look pretty and indestructable, but this is good chance to show off their safety features as well.

Not only that, automobile industry is not doing too well right now anyway and GT series has been big marketing for cars for years. I think they should have more power than they think and just omit companies from their game if they don't like getting their cars damaged. I'd say it's bigger loss for them to not be in GT games than their cars being destroyed in GT games.

I think many people including me decides which car to buy based on safety and reliability over how fast it runs. It would be great to see which car is safer than which. Not sure why automobile companies don't like the idea of crashing cars anyway. I see way too many car commercials bragging about how good their safety features are anyway. Why not show it to us within the game than just keep talking about it and how many awards it won?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

How are you going to show off a cars safety features? No offense but I'm not buying it.

I do agree that the lack of a penalty for playing bumper cars hurts the game a little bit, but anyone who's played GT4 knows that there will be time penalties for hitting each other in some races which serves the purpose. The only point of damage in a racing sim game in my opinion is to keep the racing clean and fair.

zeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zeq
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

but tons of people is buying it.

kazuya_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 kazuya_m
Member since 2004 • 1752 Posts

what about rain, snow, wet surface, wet rouds,wet cars, fog, mabye even wind ? AND dirty cars aswell (but then again, this already belongs to the ''please don't crash our products, Mr. Polyphony Digital!'')

rptransam09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rptransam09
Member since 2005 • 1250 Posts
For some reason, I just can't see a car company getting a consent form on damage and agreeing to it, unless they are getting paid or something.
locktc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locktc
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts

Heard somewhere that they're going to probably add day and night races along with damage with the update. Don't expect it anytime soon though. Also, who is spreading all these rumors about GT5 Prologue having damage right now?aznfool07

Actually it was Polyphony Digital who mentioned that the bluray version have the damage modelling.

No idea why it was not included for GT 5 prologue.

$45.90 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

[Add a candy of $0.99 ,use the coupon]
Discount code $5 off $50- RE-XMA-SAA