This topic is locked from further discussion.

McA713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 McA713
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts

So now that Gran Turismo 5 is close to coming out.. what's your favourite Gran Turismo memory?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Working for five or six hours with friends on GT2 passing the controller, and then someone opened the back door of the house and dude's dog, who had been outside in the Colorado winter, came racing into the living room excited to be in the heat with all the people around, rambling right across the cable line (remember wired controllers?), tripping the power on the PSOne... We were all so partied out that no one had saved in hours...

... there was a long silence as we stared at the blank screen, and then everything else is a blur of anguish. The poor dog was beaten with a rolled up paper by dude, I remember that much...

:lol:

Not severely... but I recall, too, that we changed that dog's name after that as well. It can't be printed here or the mods will suspend me.

aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

The Mitsubishi GTO Twinturbo from the original GT. You could trim the hell out of that car.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I got a buddy that didn't shower for a whole weekend due to that game. He was working on one of the licenses.

Vicius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vicius
Member since 2003 • 337 Posts

Driving the Initial D version of the AE86 in GT4 ... awesome

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Dragging my PS2 to my cousin's house and plowing through a chunk of the GT3 career mode while passing the controller around after every race. Best part of that? The Vitz cup, which we raced in a pinky-orange Vitz just because. We even completed it more than once.
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DARKCHOAS
Member since 2003 • 2100 Posts

I remember bringing my memory card over to my friends house so we could race with the different cars we earned/bought. This was on the PS1 and he had two TVs set up with two PS1s. We'd race split screen on one, while his brothers or who ever else had a card would race on the other. We had racing brackets set up, elimination rounds and finals. I think this was with GT1 and I think we did it with GT2 as well.