This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FortifedConcept
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FortifedConcept
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

Hi, two days ago i bought this magnificent car on GT5, i fully tuned it and it produces 929hp, i even installed the spoiler.. love this car BUT... it's so damn hard to drive, it doesn't handle like you would expect from a Ferrari Enzo and it feels like you're driving a tractor when it comes to turning and cornering, it just feels so harsh and there is a lot of understeer, especially when you accelerate on exits. I've tried all the driving options and different settings for the suspensions etc.. i've been testing this car for the past two days in all sorts of tracks, but unfortunately it didn't have much improvement.. any suggestions from those who have this car or at least have driven it??

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i haven't bought the enzo yet but i have a couple of 900 + hp fr cars, after you install the lsd (not the drug, limited slip differential - which is the only means for any leadfooted driver to control the cars) everytime the tyres (or tires depending on where you are from and which kind of english you've learned) start to spin, the lsd cancels the spin but it creates understeer in turns, it is a trade-off between traction and turning control, you can play with the settings of the lsd to find which setting suits you the most... however i would only brake before and throttle up at the exit of the turns not to go out of the road... btw, do not bother to tune the viper to its maximum potential, it is a box, that does not steer at all at 999 hp... :)
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FortifedConcept
[QUOTE="MondasM"]i haven't bought the enzo yet but i have a couple of 900 + hp fr cars, after you install the lsd (not the drug, limited slip differential - which is the only means for any leadfooted driver to control the cars) everytime the tyres (or tires depending on where you are from and which kind of english you've learned) start to spin, the lsd cancels the spin but it creates understeer in turns, it is a trade-off between traction and turning control, you can play with the settings of the lsd to find which setting suits you the most... however i would only brake before and throttle up at the exit of the turns not to go out of the road... btw, do not bother to tune the viper to its maximum potential, it is a box, that does not steer at all at 999 hp... :)

lol about the lsd and the viper :P.. i have tried different lsd settings also and i have sacrificed all the understeer there is as far as lsd is concerned, but still the car does not react the way i want or at least close to where i want it..
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MondasM
last night i tried the mercedes mclare sl or slr, i get confused with so many cars and tuned it to above 900+ hp as well, i could not win the gt al stars series (the one before the pd cup on expert series) that is why i was trying to find a fast, light and controllable car, the merc handles quite well given that you slow down before cornering... :) the car is a bit on the pricey side ~ 600 k credits, however when you tune it to its maximum including the aero kits, it is quite good... :)
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FortifedConcept
[QUOTE="MondasM"]last night i tried the mercedes mclare sl or slr, i get confused with so many cars and tuned it to above 900+ hp as well, i could not win the gt al stars series (the one before the pd cup on expert series) that is why i was trying to find a fast, light and controllable car, the merc handles quite well given that you slow down before cornering... :) the car is a bit on the pricey side ~ 600 k credits, however when you tune it to its maximum including the aero kits, it is quite good... :)

yeah, i know what you mean.. it's a really nice car :), those were tough series.. did you manage to win them with the merc?
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MondasM

i din't get to it last night, but after i'm done with work today (in an hour or so) it'll be one of the first things i'll do, after a quick and light dinner, of course... :)

edit: btw did you find any good cars to finish the historic car event (the one with historic racing cars) on the expert series, i have only two events in the expert series left and i have spent a fortune to find the most suitable cars to win gold on these events without any luck... :)

FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FortifedConcept

i din't get to it last night, but after i'm done with work today (in an hour or so) it'll be one of the first things i'll do, after a quick and light dinner, of course... :)

edit: btw did you find any good cars to finish the historic car event (the one with historic racing cars) on the expert series, i have only two events in the expert series left and i have spent a fortune to find the most suitable cars to win gold on these events without any luck... :)

MondasM
i'm on spec A endurance races and yet i haven't manage to win this event.. i've tried with a lot of cars like shelby cobra, ferrari 512bb, dodge challenger rt, lamborghini countach lp400, apparently the only way to win this event is to buy a proper classic race car... the quickest and cheapest way to do that is buying from the used cars.. three days ago i found the toyota 7 race car, it costs approximately 4.4mills.. in my opinion it's the only way to beat this event..
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I've got the Enzo as well. Around the Nurburgring, it likes to skip across any irregularities in the track and get airborne - for a surprisingly long period of time - over any rise in the terrain. I softened the suspension a bit, and that maybe helped a tiny bit. Still just not a very fun car to drive.

Your best bet would be to go over to the GTPlanet website, and check out the tuning section in their forums.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=236

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MondasM
ahahaha, i have about 4500 credits atm, after last nights's purchase and tuning i am almost flat broke, i guess it'll take me some time to both save that amount of money and for a decent race car to show up on the second hand store.... :) thanks for the reply btw... :)
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FortifedConcept
[QUOTE="MondasM"]ahahaha, i have about 4500 credits atm, after last nights's purchase and tuning i am almost flat broke, i guess it'll take me some time to both save that amount of money and for a decent race car to show up on the second hand store.... :) thanks for the reply btw... :)

np :D
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FortifedConcept

I've got the Enzo as well. Around the Nurburgring, it likes to skip across any irregularities in the track and get airborne - for a surprisingly long period of time - over any rise in the terrain. I softened the suspension a bit, and that maybe helped a tiny bit. Still just not a very fun car to drive.

Your best bet would be to go over to the GTPlanet website, and check out the tuning section in their forums.

Jackc8
Yes, that's my point.. not very fun to drive, i tried all sorts of things, but they make little to no difference.. i'll check that out... is you enzo fully tuned??
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

FortifedConcept

Yes, that's my point.. not very fun to drive, i tried all sorts of things, but they make little to no difference.. i'll check that out... is you enzo fully tuned??

I don't think I did much with the engine. Since it doesn't handle well now, I figured giving it more horsepower would only make it worse. I think I lightened it as much as possible and gave it fully adjustable suspension. I also added the little wing on the back. Soft racing tires too of course.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Enzo? well there's your problem.

Get the Zonda R, sure its got less power than your Enzo, but it sticks to road so well if you spend some time tuning it, the power-to-weight ratio also kills the Enzo anyday.

Ensamheten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ensamheten
Member since 2010 • 392 Posts

That's because it hasn't front wheel drive. FANBOY for SAAB here http://ideas.gtplanet.net/pages/most_wanted_cars.

SAAB 9-5 2010:

SAAB 9-5

SAAB 9-5

FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FortifedConcept

Enzo? well there's your problem.

Get the Zonda R, sure its got less power than your Enzo, but it sticks to road so well if you spend some time tuning it, the power-to-weight ratio also kills the Enzo anyday.

GTR12
i have both of them..
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

did you put a good set of racing tires on it? it helps a lot. i have yet to drive the enzo. a lot of ppl say that the lambos are really crappy to control, but my 750hp murcielago lp670 is actually one of my favourite cars cuz i dunno its just really fun to drive. the handling in the lambos are bad yea but put some racing tires on it and it helps a lot.

orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Did you double check to make sure that you have racing soft tires on? Sometimes I forget these and they make a world of difference.

Edit: also make sure you install the chassis upgrade and lighten the car as much as you can (you probably did this but its worth checking)

FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FortifedConcept

Did you double check to make sure that you have racing soft tires on? Sometimes I forget these and they make a world of difference.

Edit: also make sure you install the chassis upgrade and lighten the car as much as you can (you probably did this but its worth checking)

orion_52
i have done all of this stuff.. but the car is still not so fun to drive..
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FortifedConcept

orion_52

did you put a good set of racing tires on it? it helps a lot. i have yet to drive the enzo. a lot of ppl say that the lambos are really crappy to control, but my 750hp murcielago lp670 is actually one of my favourite cars cuz i dunno its just really fun to drive. the handling in the lambos are bad yea but put some racing tires on it and it helps a lot.

idunnodude
lambos are actually prety good when it comes to handling, brakes are their biggest flaw imo..
dabest2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dabest2500
Member since 2010 • 2575 Posts
Be sure to turn off TCS if you struggle with the understeer of some cars. Helps with muscle cars too.
FortifedConcept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FortifedConcept
[QUOTE="dabest2500"]Be sure to turn off TCS if you struggle with the understeer of some cars. Helps with muscle cars too.

tried that too..
dabest2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dabest2500
Member since 2010 • 2575 Posts
[QUOTE="FortifedConcept"][QUOTE="dabest2500"]Be sure to turn off TCS if you struggle with the understeer of some cars. Helps with muscle cars too.

tried that too..

I've never actually driven the Ferrari Enzo myself but when I try to drive those donkeys that are muscle cars, turning TCS off givees them oversteer which is much better than understeer. Apply more throttle than usual etc. But keep ABS on.
rsdnc777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 rsdnc777
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Ive been having the same problem with my newley wasted amount of credits..(Enzo Ferrari) as FortifedConcept has been having. I've been trying to beat the Indy track race for the "Like the Wind" Series. Its fast as hell, but cant turn the banks doing any more than 130mph. For at least 5 hours of tweaking the suspension and limited slip, no avail.. would saving up again to get the Zonda be a better option?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Ive been having the same problem with my newley wasted amount of credits..(Enzo Ferrari) as FortifedConcept has been having. I've been trying to beat the Indy track race for the "Like the Wind" Series. Its fast as hell, but cant turn the banks doing any more than 130mph. For at least 5 hours of tweaking the suspension and limited slip, no avail.. would saving up again to get the Zonda be a better option?

rsdnc777

Get a racecar, the minolta is brilliant.

rsdnc777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rsdnc777

Most of the "race car's" are rediculously priced. I did happen to find the Camaro SS Race Car, even though after the 1.5 mil credit, i had to rebuild the engine. It's a great car, and Ive been using that to regain 40-65 thousand credits per "that" race. The other race car's featured in that series are like 4 mil that I've come across. I guess ill have to keep playing for another few days to get some money back.

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shoemen22
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

You need to change the chamber of your wheels. the more chamber you have will help, this will not raise or lower the wheel but put more on an angle of it instead which will help through cornering. Normally what happens when cornering at high speeds in normal set up is that ties on the out side of the car will want to lift area from the surface becuase of the amount of speed and G forces that are taking place. So when the wheels have more angle also know as chamber when cornering it means the car whill be leaning on the surface more providing better grip giving you better speed through the corners and better turn abilitys. a down side to having more chamber is that the wheel will be at an angle so when going along on a straight less of the wheel will be on the surface providing less grip meaning slower top speed, slow accleration and slower breaking. Its all about finding the balance with the settings to what suits you

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

rsdnc777

Use the Mazda Furai you win early on in B-spec, or the minolta you win from "Like the Wind" A-spec. Here's a list of the prize cars for races link

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 doesntcare

Oops its "Like the Wind" ur trying to beat doh lol. You also win the 09' Zhonda R from GT world championships B-spec though for that one i used the C60 Hybride Judd Race car...

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

You can beat like the wind with a race modified corvette zr1.

rsdnc777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rsdnc777

I finally beat the Indy circut last night, after at least 10 hours total of racing it, which is fine because i got a total of at least 1.7mil in credits just last night alone and a ticket for racing a course 100 times or whatever the distance was. Chevy Camaro LM "Racecar." Ive been wanting to get a vette, so i'll see what i can swing to get the z1.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 doesntcare

^ just make sure to do the race mod to it first before buying any other parts for it...

rsdnc777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rsdnc777

Ahhh.. I never actually did the Race mod to any of my cars, i figured it just add's everything on and changes the aesthetics a bit..Its worth it?

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts
On certain cars, yes. The z1 race-mod is some of the best money you can spend in the game. Kinda after you get that it gets pretty easy to get money and hot cars.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

No car with 1000hp is going to handle well under full throttle lol.

MANIAC-PSYCHO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MANIAC-PSYCHO
You fellas just need to learn how to tune a car for specific tracks/events. I beat the GT AllStars with a ZR1 Race Mod.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

My Enzo is a killer, I run racing softs whenever allowed (even in endurance races where you'd think a harder compound will get you further)... I painted it PINK, too. Not that the paint helps the handling, I just think it's funny to see a pink Enzo whippin' on the competition.

:D

jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
i cant stand my enzo, i feel like i wasted a million credits after i bought it and fully tuned it
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I think for the GT All Stars series, I used the Corvette C6 ZR1 with the racing modification and all of the other upgrades. Try that car. It handles pretty well (At least for me).