GT5: Endurance races

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

They're hidden until you hit 25.

Here's the races and levels.

300KM Grand Valley (60 laps). (Level 25)
Roadster 4-hour endurance (Level 26)
Laguna Seca 200 mile endurance (level 27)
Indy 500 (Level 28)
Suzuka 1000km (level 30)
Nurburgring 4 hour endurance (level 32)
Tskuba 9 hour endurance (level 33)
Lemans 24 hour endurance (level 35)
Nurburgring 24 hour endurance (level 40)

There's specific requirements car type, tires, etc., like the previous races.

Here's a video showing the Endurances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTPpv1F5_xI

#2 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.
#3 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.DJ_Lae

Well i actually love the 24 hours races, I do Enduro (its a kind of motocross racing) and every year we do a 24 hour race, its with a team of two or tree persons depends on the category though

#4 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.

I believe they use the same races because they are real-life endurance races. Also the reason why I wouldn't consider the design choice "daft".
#5 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
I believe they use the same races because they are real-life endurance races. Also the reason why I wouldn't consider the design choice "daft". The_Rick_14
Oh, I know there's a real-life Le Mans, I just meant the endurance races as a whole. GT4 had the same roadster endurance, the same Grand Valley one (a fake GT track), etc.
#6 Posted by Shawtymann (2561 posts) -

I remember doing an endurance race in GT4 with about 2-3 more laps to go when my little sister unplugged my PS2............... her funeral was held the following week

#7 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I believe they use the same races because they are real-life endurance races. Also the reason why I wouldn't consider the design choice "daft". DJ_Lae
Oh, I know there's a real-life Le Mans, I just meant the endurance races as a whole. GT4 had the same roadster endurance, the same Grand Valley one (a fake GT track), etc.

That's true, I would love a F1 Endurance

#8 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
I've completed all events up to my level. Level 29 is my A-Spec level.
#9 Posted by Famous30 (83 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.

Actually A and B spec are merged together. So you do the same thing as GT4 I think. Please correct me if im wrong but when I unlocked the endurance events, it said A and B spec endurance was available.
#10 Posted by Jackc8 (8515 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.Famous30
Actually A and B spec are merged together. So you do the same thing as GT4 I think. Please correct me if im wrong but when I unlocked the endurance events, it said A and B spec endurance was available.

You unlock endurance in A spec and B spec separately. I'm up to that level in A spec so I can do them there, but my B spec level isn't high enough, so those races aren't available in B spec yet.

#11 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
Apparently, you can save when you pitstop in a 24 hour endurance. Can anyone confirm this?
#12 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.DJ_Lae

I don't even have the capacity to finish a 9 hour race, let a alone a 24 hour one -- twice.

This isn't the kind of realism I generally find entertaining.

#13 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

Apparently, you can save when you pitstop in a 24 hour endurance. Can anyone confirm this?dabest2500

That would definitely affect my stance... if it's true that is.

#14 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]

That would definitely affect my stance... if it's true that is.

Rakuho

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.Rakuho

I don't even have the capacity to finish a 9 hour race, let a alone a 24 hour one -- twice.

I would love to do a 24 hour race, problem is, my mum...
#15 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
If you can save during a pit for the 24 hour races, that's a little more tolerable. Given that you can't save between races in championships, though, I have my doubts they'd do that.
#16 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]If you can save during a pit for the 24 hour races, that's a little more tolerable. Given that you can't save between races in championships, though, I have my doubts they'd do that.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But I think it's to prevent people from quitting the game because of a mistake.
#17 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] [QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.dabest2500

Ha.. I could definitely imagine a parent's reaction to something like 24-hour gaming session. :lol:

#18 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

Two of my friend's dads encourages 24 hour races on GT5 :(

One of the dads even stole the PS3 and GT5 from the kid and played it at work :lol:

#19 Posted by Spellings82 (32 posts) -

I can't wait to do the 24hr 'Ring... gonna be epic.

#20 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

One of the dads even stole the PS3 and GT5 from the kid and played it at work :lol:

dabest2500

haha... that's ridiculous.

Generally speaking, however, I would still think that most parents would be against their children "wasting away" (as those parents would probably claim) for 24-hours straight.

And considering you classified your mom as an impediment to your participation in a 24-hour gaming session, I would assume that she's the type of person who wouldn't give two damns about some dads allowing their kids to play games for a protracted period of time. Every parent has his/her own style and set of unwritten laws an regulations -- your only only duty is to abide to them :lol:

#21 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]

Rakuho

Generally speaking, however, I would still think that most parents would be against their children "wasting away" (as those parents would probably claim) for 24-hours straight.

And considering you classified your mom as an impediment to your participation in a 24-hour gaming session, I would assume that she's the type of person who wouldn't give two damns about some dads allowing their kids to play games for a protracted period of time. Every parent has his/her own style and set of unwritten laws an regulations -- your only only duty is to abide to them :lol:

I need to find some proof somewhere that GT5 improves my education... Weird thing is, my mum wasn't against me buying GT5 Signature Edition for £130 :S

#22 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]

dabest2500

I need to find some proof somewhere that GT5 improves my education... Weird thing is, my mum wasn't against me buying GT5 Signature Edition for £130 :S

Tell her that the 24-hour race requires a lot of determination and will help build up your patience, which will subsequently make you more adapt to prolonged study sessions :lol:.

#23 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -
oh, and buying an expensive game is one thing -- playing it for 24-hours straight is another. :)
#24 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] [QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I can't believe they're still using the same endurance races as they did in previous games...although maybe I shouldn't be surprised as all of the other races are copies too. I also can't believe they expect anyone to complete two 24 hour races, especially with the division between a-spec and b-spec in this game. In GT4 at least you could get your AI driver to do those for you. And even then it was kind of dumb leaving your console on for a full day just because of some daft design choice.dabest2500

You think your mom can be pissed??

Imagine my WIFE dude!!!!

#25 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
For some reason, I'm able to play games regularly, but still get A* in my exams :D Heheheheh...
#26 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Pelon208

Imagine my WIFE dude!!!!

Get her to help out ;)
#27 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

For some reason, I'm able to play games regularly, but still get A* in my exams :D Heheheheh...dabest2500

then why bring up education at all?

#29 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]For some reason, I'm able to play games regularly, but still get A* in my exams :D Heheheheh...Rakuho

Because she says that it'll get tougher later on in school. Yeah right :D Right?
#31 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]For some reason, I'm able to play games regularly, but still get A* in my exams :D Heheheheh...dabest2500

Because she says that it'll get tougher later on in school. Yeah right :D Right?

Education is a process. And the more capable you are, and the greater your mental capacity, the more seamless the transition between grades, topics and classes will appear. But once you'll start running into classes or professors that are significantly more demanding than the ones you've had before (even if the material itself won't be significantly more challenging), you will need to develop the ability to shift your "studying efforts" to the next gear -- and that requires a certain degree preparation and experience.

I may be assuming too much, but I'm guessing your mom just doesn't want you to get too complacent with your current approach to studying (given your satisfactory results) and end up in a scenario in which you will be caught off guard by an unusually (by her standards) accelerated pace.

Wait.. why am I trying to dissect her (assumed) rationale for you?! Listen to your mother and don't question her authority! :P

#32 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] I would love to do a 24 hour race, problem is, my mum...dabest2500

Imagine my WIFE dude!!!!

Get her to help out ;)

She's pregnant and right now her worst enemy is GT5

#33 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

Rakuho

Education is a process. And the more capable you are, and the greater your mental capacity, the more seamless the transition between grades, topics and classes will appear. But once you'll start running into classes or professors that are significantly more demanding than the ones you've had before (even if the material itself won't be significantly more challenging), you will need to develop the ability to shift your "studying efforts" to the next gear -- and that requires a certain degree preparation and experience.

I may be assuming too much, but I'm guessing your mom just doesn't want you to get too complacent with your current approach to studying (given your satisfactory results) and end up in a scenario in which you will be caught off guard by an unusually (by her standards) accelerated pace.

Wait.. why am I trying to dissect her (assumed) rationale for you?! Listen to your mother and don't question her authority! :P

Sometimes, studying too much isn't good for you, we all need a break sometimes. BTW, did you want to persuade my mum for me :P
#34 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"][QUOTE="Pelon208"]

Imagine my WIFE dude!!!!

Pelon208

Get her to help out ;)

Maybe it'll help your child to be good at GT5 :D
#35 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
@Rakuho BTW, just noticed your sig. Was there a reason for it being like that?
#36 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] Because she says that it'll get tougher later on in school. Yeah right :D Right?dabest2500

Sometimes, studying too much isn't good for you, we all need a break sometimes.

No one said anything about over-studying, so don't use its detriments to rationalize your own position :P. Plus, telling her that "we all need a break sometimes" and then picking up a DS3 and playing GT5 for 24 hours straight doesn't support your convictions.

BTW, did you want to persuade my mum for me:P

yah, sure. But I don't want to pay for long distance phone conversations, so tell her to PM me :lol:

#37 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

@Rakuho BTW, just noticed your sig. Was there a reason for it being like that?dabest2500

like what?

you mean the the not believing in sigs part?

#38 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -
No one said anything about over-studying, so don't use its detriments to rationalize your own position . Plus, telling her that "we all need a break sometimes" and then picking up a DS3 and playing GT5 for 24 hours straight doesn't support your convictions. Rakuho
I use DFGT if that helps me :D Maybe improved hand eye coordination? Improved reflexes? Fast thinking? :lol: [QUOTE="Rakuho"] yah, sure. But I don't want to pay for long distance phone conversations, so tell her to PM me

Oh my god :lol:
#39 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]@Rakuho BTW, just noticed your sig. Was there a reason for it being like that?Rakuho

like what?

I meant why did you want us to highlight it to be able to read it?
#40 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]No one said anything about over-studying, so don't use its detriments to rationalize your own position . Plus, telling her that "we all need a break sometimes" and then picking up a DS3 and playing GT5 for 24 hours straight doesn't support your convictions. dabest2500
I use DFGT if that helps me :D Maybe improved hand eye coordination? Improved reflexes? Fast thinking? :lol:
yah, sure. But I don't want to pay for long distance phone conversations, so tell her to PM me Rakuho
Oh my god :lol:

Don't really think she give a **** about all of that.. just sayin' :P

and obviously i was joking about that persuasion thing, but she could PM... :lol: I mean, this has the potential to be interesting.

#41 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] Get her to help out ;)dabest2500

it's going to be a girl :cry:

#42 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"]@Rakuho BTW, just noticed your sig. Was there a reason for it being like that?dabest2500

like what?

Before I can even attempt to to explain why I want people to highlight(?) "it" to be able to read it, I want to know what the "it" is referring to.

#43 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

like what?

Rakuho

Before I can even attempt to to explain why I want people to highlight(?) "it" to be able to read it, I want to know what the "it" is referring to.

The "it" is your sig. Or is it just me? I have to highlight "I don't believe in sigs; therefore, they do not exist." and "I don't always reply to friend requests, but when I do, I prefer the ones that have a GameSpot ID attached." Before I can even read them. Was there a reason for that?
#44 Posted by dabest2500 (2575 posts) -

[QUOTE="dabest2500"][QUOTE="Pelon208"]

Pelon208

Danica Patrick?
#45 Posted by BonoBoy (587 posts) -

I remember doing an endurance race in GT4 with about 2-3 more laps to go when my little sister unplugged my PS2............... her funeral was held the following week

Shawtymann
LOL...I just about shot juice out my nose!
#46 Posted by Pelon208 (3356 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

[QUOTE="dabest2500"] Maybe it'll help your child to be good at GT5 :Ddabest2500

Danica Patrick?

You know that's one in a billon, a girl that loves car racing. Well I have a 6% of chances that my daughter will be one of them :D