This topic is locked from further discussion.

daz_124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 daz_124
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
hey im on the Class B events and im on a race where you have to overtake 15 other drivers...how do i do that? its impossible
loominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 loominator
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

remember, these forums are mostly US, so you won't get much help, yet, as they haven't gotten the game yet..

Anyway.. Get a fast car and draft your way in front.. By staying behind a vehicle your will get hell of alot more speed, switch out just before you hit it, and take the next car. good luck.

daz_124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 daz_124
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
i thought this was UK gamespot?
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

i thought this was UK gamespot?daz_124

there is a UK gamespot?

Str8winner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Str8winner
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts
I agree. I have tried this race about 200 times. I've switched set up and tired a variety of lines and the best I could get was a 4, 6-8 consistently. The olny way to get up there was to draft the straights, brake hard, kamikazi inside lines and use other cars for bumpers to keep from sliding out. Still, 4th was best with 1-3 being half a straight away by the finsih line. I think that this is a serious error/flaw in the game and they will need to fix this with an update. You'll never get to Class A and it will buy them time for the full version.

Other than that, Ive been having a blast with this game. I have a Ford GT, Blitz, Nisan GSR, Lancer, Integra, and I won a Diahatsu. I started with a Mini Cooper to get some money to upgards to the Ford GT, which made some of the races easier with power not being the issue. Love the GT!!!! The Blitz is really nice too, both with over 550 HP.
bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

the one where your in the integra?

yeah i barely got past it with a bronze trophy.....you have to do everything perfectly

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Isn't this the one where you have to use the Nissan GT-R? It's been a couple weeks since I've played. Anyway, I remember stuggling for about 20 minutes, but after being careful about my lines, using the slipstream, etc, I eventually got it, and that was with a stock car and tires.
Scubei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scubei
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

the one where your in the integra?

yeah i barely got past it with a bronze trophy.....you have to do everything perfectly

bluewrxman

YEAH, I understand. I beat after about 20 to 30 times. It seemed like I would never get better than 5th or 6th place.

But after mis-using some other cars in some turns, I finally got 3rd place and will never speak of that race again.

THANK YOU.

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

Get the Nissan GTR.

try to get used to manual. I got 2nd in that race. Its really not that hard. also take ur traction to zero.

It will be a challenge with these settings but should help in turns and other things.

The only thing i could say is practice makes perfect. Use manual and lower ur traction a little.

cheers

Mo007j[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts

Get the Nissan GTR.

try to get used to manual. I got 2nd in that race. Its really not that hard. also take ur traction to zero.

It will be a challenge with these settings but should help in turns and other things.

The only thing i could say is practice makes perfect. Use manual and lower ur traction a little.

cheers

Mo007j[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

moej88

Agreed. I had traction and stability control OFF when I did this race, although I still did automatic trans. At first the car will seem uncontrollable, but basically if you have good lines and the right speed you will not skid, and will eventually get good enough times to beat the race. It forces you to drive well.

ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
Yea that race is hard I gave up I believe after I just barely missed out on 2nd...just wen to another race, just wait til u get to the S class.... :S
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

Get the Nissan GTR.

cheers

moej88

He's talking about the race where you have to use an Integra.

The key to winning is get good at manual transmission, that little extra driving skill bumped me into third place. The idea is to slow down around corners with your gears and not with your breaks. Thats the advice I got when I asked how to do this race and it works.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="daz_124"]i thought this was UK gamespot?KurupSoldr

there is a UK gamespot?

There kinda is, but I think they share the same forums as us here in the States.

But anyway, if it hasn't been answered, you've got to get real close behind the car in front of you and it creates a slipstream effect that makes it easier to overtake them.

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

He's talking about the race where you have to use an Integra.

The key to winning is get good at manual transmission, that little extra driving skill bumped me into third place. The idea is to slow down around corners with your gears and not with your breaks. Thats the advice I got when I asked how to do this race and it works.

O the Integra, im sorry i forgot cause i havent been on class B in a while, Im on class A now and it hard.

any way, Yea i would give the same advice, use manual transmission, and lower your traction. In this case since the Integra is front wheel drive, it wont be hard to control when the traction is set at zero.

Mo007j[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com