Great idea for Disagea 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

so im playing disagea 2 too get ready for Disagea 3 later this fall and i thought of a great idea

This is one of the few RPG's that i think would work great for online.

I mean every party you face will be diffrent cause all of the character classes and you can also make your own stages

then battle it out

And for people who think they might be facing a over powered teams

they can have servers divided with for characters with only lvl 30-40 or something like that and how many can be on per team and if you want geo puzzles or not

Anyone else think its is a great idea!!!!!! :)

Icegoten777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Icegoten777
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
I too wish for online.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Online would be mind blowingly awsome... and already almost endless game + online might create a rift in the space time continuum though... we should consult mister Hawking...
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NuKkU

Online would be mind blowingly awsome... and already almost endless game + online might create a rift in the space time continuum though... we should consult mister Hawking...americahellyeah

wtf.........................................lol

yea it would bring up the replayablity up by a whole bunchhhhh

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Not every game out there needs a multiplayer, and Disgaea is not meant for multiplayer. You can't just have servers that split up people by levels; a there's a considerable difference between a party of lv 30-40 characters and a party of level 30-40 characters that have 100,000+ stored transmigration levels (considering characters with stored levels get considerable stat boosts. You would need a ridiculous number of filters for games to even keep it remotely close in balance.

This is on top of the turn based structure of Disgaea is not fit for PvP set-ups. Not that turned based stuff doesn't work, but Disgaea (and NIS games in general) are organized that one player would make all of their moves with their characters, then the enemy gets to do their moves. This gives whoever the second player to move an absurd advantage since the first player to move has to at least bring out one character from their base panel but have no one to attack, while then the second player could bring out an entire team of mages/gunners and use long range spam to destroy the first player's characters.

It could maybe work if the game flow was set up like FFTactics, where all the characters being right away on the field and turn order is dependent on character speed/agility. However, changing that would alter the flow and feel of Disgaea, making it harder to set up the ridiculous combos that makes the games unique.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NuKkU

Not every game out there needs a multiplayer, and Disgaea is not meant for multiplayer. You can't just have servers that split up people by levels; a there's a considerable difference between a party of lv 30-40 characters and a party of level 30-40 characters that have 100,000+ stored transmigration levels (considering characters with stored levels get considerable stat boosts. You would need a ridiculous number of filters for games to even keep it remotely close in balance.

This is on top of the turn based structure of Disgaea is not fit for PvP set-ups. Not that turned based stuff doesn't work, but Disgaea (and NIS games in general) are organized that one player would make all of their moves with their characters, then the enemy gets to do their moves. This gives whoever the second player to move an absurd advantage since the first player to move has to at least bring out one character from their base panel but have no one to attack, while then the second player could bring out an entire team of mages/gunners and use long range spam to destroy the first player's characters.

It could maybe work if the game flow was set up like FFTactics, where all the characters being right away on the field and turn order is dependent on character speed/agility. However, changing that would alter the flow and feel of Disgaea, making it harder to set up the ridiculous combos that makes the games unique.

jt4mtb

i didnt say every game needs multiplayer i actually dont care much for multiplayer and agree with you

but disagea might be one of the only games that i would love to have multiplayer

and i still think it would work

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Actually Disgaea 3, according to IGN and EB Games.com, it comes out August 26.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NuKkU

Actually Disgaea 3, according to IGN and EB Games.com, it comes out August 26.Flame_Blade88

its still close to the fall lol