Gran Turismo 6...WHY?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Why are they even bothering with gran turismo 6 when they could be focusing on Gran Turismo 7 (or GT6 if they weren't coming out with it on the ps3)? And they already got GT5, just make some add ons for it. It seems like GT6 is gonna be a waste of time when they will very soon be coming out with #7 for the ps4 which will look better anyways. Just doesn't make since...from a business standpoint too. Anyone else feelin me?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Gran Turismo is one of the largest failures Sony has.

There's a reason they were going with Drive Club for the new console.

Gran Turismo is fine on the PS3 because it's only going to lower the overall quality of the PS4 titles to this point.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fnevaeva

how would the ps3 version lower the overall quality of it's ps4 titles they produce?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

@Jaysonguy: that's why it sold over 10mill....so that's a failure? Also u gotta understand ps4 and.Xbox just launched along with bf4, ac4,ghost and other titles it just got released near those titles and it's trying to compete give it time it'll sell just as much.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@fnevaeva said:

how would the ps3 version lower the overall quality of it's ps4 titles they produce?

What I'm saying is that Gran Turismo doesn't have anything next gen to show off.

Sony doesn't trust them to put out a top tier product, that's why they went with Drive Club.

Unless the Gran Turismo franchise changes I can't see Sony using it as a flagship title to show off what it's new console can do.

Tobougg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Tobougg
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@fnevaeva: they're "bothering" with GT6 because they havn't released a game since 2010.. almost 4 years ago, and they won't have GT7 until 2015.. and they like money.

And i wish everyone would shut up, i've played GT since the day GT1 came out on the PSX and i just bought GT6 and i love it. I mean in Subaru's showroom alone there is nearly 60 cars. SIXTY. In 1 showroom. Stop whining and buy it. The courses and roads are beautiful, the challeneges are fun. there REALLY is around 1200 cars in it. compared to about 350 in the old game. Buy it, and add me on PSN so we can play or try beat eachothers time. ajquigley is my handle

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Its all about the money. Why on earth would they put one of their most profitable franchises on a console that will only have a few million people? Its the exact same reason they put TLOU and Beyond on the PS3 and why Rockstar put GTA5 on the PS3 and 360.

While there is a new generation, their big games still need to make profit. That's unless you are willing to pay for about 8 million copies that wouldn't be selling on the PS4. If you were a dev, would you want to sell 10+ million copies or would you be happy with just selling a million or two next gen copies?

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

@Murderstyle75: Yea but the problem is no one is going to buy a game for last gen when they are probably saving up for next gen. This game sold 5 times less in the UK...even though what you say makes sense just look at the facts

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Gran Turismo is one of the largest failures Sony has.

There's a reason they were going with Drive Club for the new console.

Gran Turismo is fine on the PS3 because it's only going to lower the overall quality of the PS4 titles to this point.

Sales wise GT5 was a huge hit.

Looks like GT6 will not be the same, regardless I am really enjoying it.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@MethodManFTW Glad to see someone enjoying it. Can't wait to pick up my copy. I know sales would be bigger if next gen didn't start yet. This game came out at a bad time. Oh well, the review puts it down for being a grind but that's what Gran turismo is all about I like starting out with shitty cars and grinding my way up.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fnevaeva

@marcheegsr: So true. It gives you an incentive to actually do well in races so you can get more money/credits to buy better cars. It makes you feel better after winning a bunch of races when you know you earned it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

PS4 -- 2.1 million+ consoles sold.

PS3 -- 80 million consoles sold.

Those numbers don't lie, there was still money to be made before the end of the generation and they took it. From a business standpoint it seems very smart if you ask me.

msulcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By msulcs
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

PS4 -- 2.1 million+ consoles sold.

PS3 -- 80 million consoles sold.

Those numbers don't lie, there was still money to be made before the end of the generation and they took it. From a business standpoint it seems very smart if you ask me.

This! For purposes of making money this a genious move

JoeDawg2100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoeDawg2100
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

@tobougg: Well said, sir. I will add you as soon as I purchase this game next week...

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i rent GT6 and i like it i buy it soon