Gran Turismo 5 Prologue or GRID?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meetah13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 meetah13
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
I need a racing game and was wondering which one is the best.
sony_vaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 sony_vaio
Member since 2004 • 1721 Posts
Do not mention Grid with Gran Turismo again. Grid is garbage.
haemorrhagiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 haemorrhagiae
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts

Gran Turismo is the best racing simulator ever.

GRID is arcadish game!

SpeedsterSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SpeedsterSim
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
GT5 isn't much of a racing game but its better than GRID.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Gran Turismo 5P imo is a great game. Grid is a mix, leaning more to the Arcade st.yle of game. Both have an equal ammount of cars, both have the same features (I prefer the GT5P online because of the special events) so its up to you. What do you prefer? Semi-sim or Arcade? Also, GT5P is receiving the GTTV update tomorrow and in Q4 its supposed to receive Crash modeling too.
stevemanu10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stevemanu10
Member since 2008 • 359 Posts
Do not mention Grid with Gran Turismo again. Grid is garbage.sony_vaio
Now that was a bit harsh gt is a better game but grid is a much, much longer with more cars and more tracks. And might not want the full gt when it comes out because you were dissapointyed with prologue
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Grid is way better than gran turismo prologue, i cant tell whether gt5p is a racing game or more like a restricted demo. i just dont like it one bit.

Grid however is an awesome racing game that features 45 vechicles, ebay motor feature, great online community and hours of gameplay

overall grid is the best racing game out right now that until midnight club la is release, i suggest you wait for that imo.

SpeedsterSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SpeedsterSim
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
I guess it just depends on what you look for in a racing game.
meetah13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetah13
bump
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 realistic44

bumpmeetah13

I really think you should wait til Midnight Club la comes out,

that would be the best racing imb.

Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Raijinko
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
Grid sucks, did 5 races than never played it again. The best racing game on ps3 right now is burnout or GT5P. I prefer GT5P because it has beautiful graphics and its super real and fun to me, especially if you have a wheel. And the online is also cool and GT5P has 70 cars and a F1, all with beautiful Cock pit view.
meetah13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meetah13
Grid sucks, did 5 races than never played it again. The best racing game on ps3 right now is burnout or GT5P. I prefer GT5P because it has beautiful graphics and its super real and fun to me, especially if you have a wheel. And the online is also cool and GT5P has 70 cars and a F1, all with beautiful Cock pit view.Raijinko
I've got Burnout.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 realistic44
Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 realistic44

[QUOTE="Raijinko"]Grid sucks, did 5 races than never played it again. The best racing game on ps3 right now is burnout or GT5P. I prefer GT5P because it has beautiful graphics and its super real and fun to me, especially if you have a wheel. And the online is also cool and GT5P has 70 cars and a F1, all with beautiful Cock pit view.meetah13
I've got Burnout.

If you ask me grid is laps over gt5p is some many ways

if you the best racing game in my book wait til midnight club la, it releases on oct 7 .

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
i have no clue how Grid got such great reviews... after playing GT5P for 2 weeks,,, i played the GRID demo and was disgusted
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I have GRID, GT5P, and Burnout. Each scratches a different itch.
haesuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 haesuse
Member since 2007 • 739 Posts

it is hard to compare these 2 games in the sense that everyone is jumping to "ooh mine is bigger than yours, argument!".

GT5P is a race-sim to the fullest extent of the idea. On the other hand GRiD is all out arcade. However if you look at the racing experience, content, replay value, online play, and the full value of the package i'd would strongly recommend to go with GRiD. Check out my review of both of the games if you need extra info GT5p Review, and GRiD review

Hope that helps man!

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

[QUOTE="sony_vaio"].stevemanu10
with more cars

So damn WRONG!

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles realistic44

YOu could NOT be more wrong. Are you sure you even tried GT5 P?

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kenshinhimura16

Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo. realistic44

Who here agree that this guy just self owned himself?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I need a racing game and was wondering which one is the best.meetah13

I would pick Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. It's a well balanced racing game with so much to do. Unfortunately, we wont be seeing the full version until some time in 2010 but they'll be releasing updates for GT5 Prologue. I know, kinda lame.. An easy way for Sony to keep us preoccupied until the full game releases, which will be like 2 years from now.. Go figure. I played Grid and I didnt like it. The list of cars on there is PATHETIC. Graphics are nice but the handling is terrible. They tried to mesh a racing sim with arcade and it didnt work out too well. And the physics engine for collision is pretty nice but it only damages the vehicles to a certain point. Just when you think you can ram it up some more, it doesnt do a thing to the car. So i thought that was pretty disappointing.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
GT5P has great visuals but Grid is the better racing game imo.
kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kazamadevil
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo. kenshinhimura16

I tottally agree that he owned himself. I think hes misinformed or something cause has more cars and tracks. I think GT5P is way better just because I played the Grid demo and it was just bad. Hated the gameplay and it was boring. I own GT5P and I thik it is a preety good driving simulator and the online is preety good,barelly any lag and fast connection.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo. kazamadevil

I tottally agree that he owned himself. I think hes misinformed or something cause has more cars and tracks. I think GT5P is way better just because I played the Grid demo and it was just bad. Hated the gameplay and it was boring. I own GT5P and I thik it is a preety good driving simulator and the online is preety good,barelly any lag and fast connection.

Well thats what my friend statement was so i just follow up and agree him :lol:, i admit ive been owned due to my friends foolish remarks :P

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 realistic44
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo. kazamadevil

Well thats what my friend statement was so i just follow up and agree him :lol:, i admit ive been owned due to my friends foolish remarks :P

georged_3112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 georged_3112
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
BUY Gran Turismo 5 PROLOGUE (or wait for GT5) and D O W N L O A D GRiD for your PC(if you have a powerfull one...)
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kenshinhimura16
[QUOTE="kazamadevil"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Dont get gt5p its complete garbage its more like a restricted demo than an actual video game in my opinion. 4 racing tracks about 46 vechicles and you have in the game i admit is pretty good graphics but that it, get either grid or burnout paradise its a much better game than that horrid gt5p. i rather even have ridge racer 7 than it really. if your a really big fan of the gt (gran turismo) series wait until the actual game comes out and dont make the decision of buying the demo. realistic44

Then I hand you the ownage ceptre so that you can give it to your friend.

ferrarienzo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 ferrarienzo2
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
Yes you owned yourself.Very badly.Gran turismo is supposed to be getting damage again.It will have more than 900 cars and it WILL get the TOP GEAR TEST TRACK!!!!!!I really hope you can race the stig on it :)
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I really love Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, I don't know why so many people hate on it. It's not perfect, but it's really really good. I love the in the car mode. If you have a USB wheel with force feedback it's just incredible. Also they keep adding stuff to Gran Turismo Prologue, it's been well worth the money to me.