gran turismo 5 is going to be great

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WaLsKeE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WaLsKeE
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts
It is going to be great i cant wait for the 3D experience also!
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 tigertechie
Member since 2009 • 1951 Posts
It is going to be great i cant wait for the 3D experience also!WaLsKeE
I think so to, the 3D will look awesome!
Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I hope it's great after this long.I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait some more......and more.....a bit more.

Maybe they should just call it GT6 now and maybe no one will notice....

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
We shall see.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Are you from the future?
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Are you from the future?ExoticAnimal

I wish he was, then he could have brought back a copy for me.

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tigertechie

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Are you from the future?maxx1458

I wish he was, then he could have brought back a copy for me.

He could bring me a copy of the next FF and R&C games!

aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts
best racing game.period!
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

GT5 in 3D was misinterpreted (at least for the retail version)

But yeah, GT5 is my most wanted game. I've already bought a wheel, and I'll be buying a wheel stand in the next couple of weeks, so now all I need is the game to come out. Hopefully the release date will be announced at E3.

WaLsKeE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WaLsKeE
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts
and a 3D tv and 3D glasses which cost about $120
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

From what I have seen it will be

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I think that it'll be great also. It better be as long as it took for it to come out. :P
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Meh I don't care at all about 3D, but can't wait for the game itself. New PS3 graphics king possibly???

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

It better be great, it's been like what 2 years?

silentfox13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silentfox13
Member since 2010 • 347 Posts

they will release it on october 2010

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
At this rate, it will be the battle of the 5's; GT5 and Forza 5 :o
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tigertechie

silentfox13
sep 2010 in AU!
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tigertechie
and a 3D tv and 3D glasses which cost about $120WaLsKeE
the mag said that the glasses would cost abou $120. Any 3D TV for $120 would the cheapest -@$$ price ever!
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
At this rate, it will be the battle of the 5's; GT5 and Forza 5 :ochrisPperson
:? Forza 4 isn't even out yet.

On topic, I have no doubts at all GT5 will be superb. I know I'm going to love it.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I admire the optimism of alot of people here assuming GT5 will be the absolute best game ever created bar none, can i remind everyone though that it was also a forgone conclusion that the titanic would reach new york and look how that turned out.....

Me personally i'll wait and see if all the years of waitin have been worth it before proclaiming it the greatest game ever.

Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

[QUOTE="silentfox13"]

tigertechie

sep 2010 in AU!

I actually heard it was due for a December release, but I guess with GT its anyones guess. Its the constant delays that bug me

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Indeed it will, I've been playing a lot of GT PSP to keep me pre-occupied until GT5 comes, I just wish they'd release it already.

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

Meh I don't care at all about 3D, but can't wait for the game itself. New PS3 graphics king possibly???

Vari3ty
i think definitely, but racing game have the edge in graphics anyway because all they need to do is cars, track and background. It allows alot to be put into those things.
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

I just watched the newest trailer, holy crap this is going to be incredible!!!

Just look at the attention to detail, they actually modelled the engine of a Ferrari that's under a glass hood!!!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I was so psyched for this game at one point. I had it pre-ordered, I was going to be sticking the disk in my PS3 right about now..."shortly after" the March 30 release date in Japan you know. After all the delays I'm just sick of this s***. My enthusiasm is zero. I played the time trial demo, with the new physics. They were barely any different than the old physics. I watch the videos, like the Nurburgring, and I see trees that look like watercolor paintings and cars and tracks that don't look any better than GT5 Prologue. What the hell? I guess my main concern is that other driving games I've played recently give you awesome force feedback through the wheel. You can feel every bump and ripple in the track surface, you can feel the tires losing traction and then gaining it back. Then I play GT5 Prologue and...nothing! The tracks are as smooth as glass and even going around a sharp corner, there's just a minuscule amount of pressure from the wheel. That's the whole driving experience for pete's sake! It's the difference between feeling like you're driving a race car vs. a computer program.

Whatever. I still have some confidence that the game will be exceptional. Or some hope, I should say. And yeah...I'm sure I'll buy it.

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tigertechie

I was so psyched for this game at one point. I had it pre-ordered, I was going to be sticking the disk in my PS3 right about now..."shortly after" the March 30 release date in Japan you know. After all the delays I'm just sick of this s***. My enthusiasm is zero. I played the time trial demo, with the new physics. They were barely any different than the old physics. I watch the videos, like the Nurburgring, and I see trees that look like watercolor paintings and cars and tracks that don't look any better than GT5 Prologue. What the hell? I guess my main concern is that other driving games I've played recently give you awesome force feedback through the wheel. You can feel every bump and ripple in the track surface, you can feel the tires losing traction and then gaining it back. Then I play GT5 Prologue and...nothing! The tracks are as smooth as glass and even going around a sharp corner, there's just a minuscule amount of pressure from the wheel. That's the whole driving experience for pete's sake! It's the difference between feeling like you're driving a race car vs. a computer program.

Whatever. I still have some confidence that the game will be exceptional. Or some hope, I should say. And yeah...I'm sure I'll buy it.

Jackc8
Why is it that I have two more trophies than you (both sliver) and your ahead of me?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
As I understood it, the 3D support from the ps3 would come through a firmware update, meaning that it will be transparent to the software running, and potentially all (at least) ps3 games would benefit from it. For one, I would hope those of us with BC could also benefit from seeing PS1/2 games receive the 3D treatment, too. :P Secondly, though... given the rise of many other racing games out there, I have to say that my motivation for GT5 has been... reduced a fair bit. At this point, the only reason I would favor GT5 (full) over another game, is because of featuring the Top Gear Test Track as a playable course, along with some of their recommended "best roads in the world," such as the Transfăgărăşan Highway and the Stelvio Pass. I honestly think that if at least the test track was a featured course (even DLC) for Forza or another racing game, I would probably have gone with that instead.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikey132"]

I hope it's great after this long.I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait some more......and more.....a bit more.

Maybe they should just call it GT6 now and maybe no one will notice....

Lol good one. And yeah im keen for it, really wanna play it in 3D.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
[QUOTE="tigertechie"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

Why is it that I have two more trophies than you (both sliver) and your ahead of me?

Because his trophies have higher value. Eg you have 4gold and he has 6. You have 17silver he has 21, etc...
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#30 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Its visuals look nice, but I've never liked Gran Turismo

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I disagree, every demo they've released so far has underwhelmed me so much that I've completely lost interest in a franchise I once enjoyed. Taking 10 years to develop hasn't helped either. Heck, they released Prologue like 2 years ago. And as far as 3D gaming goes, after watching Clash of the Titans last night in the movies, I can safely say that I hate 3D. I hope it never becomes standard for gaming as it took 20-30 min for my eyes to adjust to the screen and my eyes felt weird the rest of the night.
GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts

It will be such a disappointment if they let us down, with all the time they are taking with it. Although, more time is nearly always a good thing.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Why is it that I have two more trophies than you (both sliver) and your ahead of me?tigertechie

Did you see my one platinum? I'm very very proud of that :D LOL