Good surround sound gaming headset for PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

I'm just looking for some suggestions on surround sound gaming headsets that are compatible with the PS4. I'm not looking to spend $150 on them or anything...so not "top of the line" options please ;-)

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

i would hold off on any headset untl Sony releases an update for full compatibility or Wait until they release headsets for Ps4 MADE for the Ps4.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

The Sony Pulse Elites sound really nice!

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

whats the point. just get a $80 soundbar and sub

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

The Sony pulse are not bad, but i don't know if they work on Ps4

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@agrippi: The pulse elite suround sound is great and vibrates. I have it and even though battery life is 4-6 hrs it doesn't matter if u plug it into controller because the headset doesn't have to be on. Get it for $80 at gamestop friday. U save $30-40 compared to amazon normal price

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@ewalthour:

Sorry but the Pulse Elites Surround Sound is horrible. And gaming headsets in general are nothing more than over priced gimmicks. But if you are held at ransom for a gaming headset because you can't afford anything else, you should at least get something that uses Dolby Headphone (Pro-Logic IIx)and not Sonys cheap immitation VSS. Most of you wouldn't even have the Pulse if it didn't have Sonys name on it.

Now if you can't afford a good setup which would cost you a minimum of $180, just get some semi-open studio headphones like the Samson SR850's, a cheap PC mic and research a proper USB adaptor to get everything up and running.

You might also possibly get it to work plugged straight into the controller using a 3.5mm Y splitter. This kind of setup shouldn't cost you any more than $60 on Ebay and the soundstage (3D positioning) of these headphones will blow away Pulses cheap immitation virtual surround sound even as 2 channel stereo headphones.

Pulse costs between $120 and $150 but in reality, you are only getting maybe $40 in audio quality.