Gonna get out in front of this right now....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

No Mans Sky release date = 2nd or 3rd week of May 2016.

The company is still hiring people to work on the game. A looong way from done. Took 3 years for Spore to go from its first hype inducing showing to release.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Spore was an EA game. No Man's Sky is a Hello Games game..

Comparing the two studios is pretty worthless.

Right now the game is planned for a 2015 release and I imagine it will hit that extremely broad target.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

This model of announcing a game is dirt old. Get us excited for a game then have it come out 2/3 years later. I get it takes time to develop a game, but ifs it's not ready with in a year an a half then don't show it to us. Even with the ps4/x1 they first announced in 2013 and shipped in 2013.

Our attention spans are short these days, i suppose their thinking is show what they have, get people excited and maybe get additional funding to finish the game. I hate to say it but the concept of the game is almost too good to be true, but it looks like they've got plenty of time to get things right.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zoomer30

Dont get me wrong, i am waaaaay psyched. Only been wait for this game since my Elite days on my C64 thinking "wish i could land on the planets". Just really has that "check back in a year and we might have a new video" feel to it right now.

People always think it will be sooner that it is. Loom what happened with GTA V: First video (released about 6 months early imho) came out in October 2011, game ships almost 2 years to the day later. And that was a tried and true system, the "newest" thing was thw the 3 protagonists.

This game is "procedural generation" on steroids. And this company is so small, 10 ppl, one idiot running a red light could take out half of company. I fear either a big AAA company will buy them out or money problems will force them to look to get bought.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW

@Zoomer30: I don't think Hello Games will need to get bought out.. They have done extremely well with all the Joe Danger games and like you said, it is a very small team. I doubt Sean Murray and team have any interest in selling out... At least he has never publicly indicated that.

But yeah it looks amazing, can't wait till I actually get the chance to play it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Zoomer30 said:

This game is "procedural generation" on steroids. And this company is so small, 10 ppl, one idiot running a red light could take out half of company. I fear either a big AAA company will buy them out or money problems will force them to look to get bought.

Then you don't know much about their history

They lost almost everything during all of this and still kept on a steady pace to get the game done in time.

There's no concerns at all over the scale and scope of this game and if they can handle it.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zoomer30

@Jaysonguy: I forgot about the flood, kinda my point about a small team. Small company =just one thing can do them in. They got very lucky with the Surrey flood. Who knows, maybe they are using the insurance cash to develop NMS ;-)

I would assume (rightly or unrighly so) that they will need to do some serious open beta testing before it "ships". Or perhaps it will end up being an Early Access game on PSN like what steam does.

Another hypothesis is that the release of the game will be tied into the release of "Project Morpheus" since the first person view and expansive environs would be Tailor-made for VR.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zoomer30

And I can see the self proclaimed Master Race (aka PC Gamers) are already crowing about how much better the game will be on their over priced rigs. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after the hot mess Watch_Dogs ended up being on the PC, but what ever. Some people find trying to find yet another graphics crad driver on line more fun than just playing the game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Zoomer30 said:

No Mans Sky release date = 2nd or 3rd week of May 2016.

The company is still hiring people to work on the game. A looong way from done. Took 3 years for Spore to go from its first hype inducing showing to release.

You can not know that, it's going to be 2015 release

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It'll be 2015. Just because they are hiring more people doesn't mean they aren't on schedule to finish. They could be just for added help. We'll see though. I want this game badly though, so I do hope it releases in 2015.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MethodManFTW

@Zoomer30 said:

And I can see the self proclaimed Master Race (aka PC Gamers) are already crowing about how much better the game will be on their over priced rigs. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after the hot mess Watch_Dogs ended up being on the PC, but what ever. Some people find trying to find yet another graphics crad driver on line more fun than just playing the game.

....Watch_Dogs performs better on PC than on consoles, regardless, system wars type statements don't belong on the PlayStation board.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zoomer30

I dont really know where this 2015 came from. My feeling is that Sony pushed HG to show the game big time at E3 2014 and now people think it's coming a lot sooner than it is. My feeling is this:Do a search for this game right now on Google and take a screenshot of the results. Do it again in 6 months. The results will be the same. They got the hype machine going about a year early and now its gonna be an issue.

NO MANS SKY RELEASE DATE =MAY 2016

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I hope not