RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

@vespuche: I'm glad that it's (seemingly) better than I expected.

However GoW: Ascension got some 9/10's from the media and if you ask me it's the second weakest game in the series, only ahead of Chains of Olympus.

I personally gave Ascension a 6/10 and would argue with anyone that thinks it's better than that.

So with that, my hype level remains low for GoW(IV). I want to enjoy the series as much I previously did, but will keep my head in check for my playthrough.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

cant wait until next week

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Cool to see high score but it doesn't mean I'll like it. I still have my doubt with Viking Kratos and that whole Uncharted/Last Of Us style.

I'll play it one it gets around 50 or lower

Jarhead_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Jarhead_On
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Pre ordered, this will be my first GOW actually, Looks awesome.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

I'm waiting to see some walktroughts before buying. The games looks good, but not 94/100 in my eyes, at least before playing.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

Combat system seems quite disappointment at first, but after a few fights you'll start to love it, not even mentioning the stunning graphics of this game, one of the best games i ever played, in this case the hype is super real!

UnderCroft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 UnderCroft
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

I just got this game yesterday and is stunnnnnning, is the first God Of War that i ever played and i am not disappointed at all. Beautifulllllll :D :D

Xristophoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10  Edited By Xristophoros
Member since 2013 • 7640 Posts

@RSM-HQ: well, the lowest god of war review is an 8/10, elevating it far beyond ascension territory

@RSM-HQ said:

@vespuche: I'm glad that it's (seemingly) better than I expected.

However GoW: Ascension got some 9/10's from the media and if you ask me it's the second weakest game in the series, only ahead of Chains of Olympus.

I personally gave Ascension a 6/10 and would argue with anyone that thinks it's better than that.

So with that, my hype level remains low for GoW(IV). I want to enjoy the series as much I previously did, but will keep my head in check for my playthrough.

well, the lowest god of war review is an 8/10, elevating it far beyond ascension territory. this game is the real deal based on the acclaim it has received thus far.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Xristophoros: I'd never call GoW: Asscesion a 8/10, and if you see it as such? I question your standards in games.

It's a bad GoW, and a mediocre slasher.

The new one however I'll wait till I've finished the game, so far vastly different from the previous entries, some things I prefer, others not so much. Yet still much better from the trash in Ascension.

Xristophoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12  Edited By Xristophoros
Member since 2013 • 7640 Posts

@RSM-HQ: what i meant was, the lowest score for the new god of war is an 8/10, making it a much higher acclaimed game than ascension ever was. there is less reason to be skeptical over the new game is the point i am trying to make. whether or not you like the new combat system is a personal preference, but it has been universally accepted at this point that the new entry is a goty contender and one of the best games this console generation, at least based on all the reviews, professional or not.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Xristophoros said:

@RSM-HQ: what i meant was, the lowest score for the new god of war is an 8/10, making it a much higher acclaimed game than ascension ever was. there is less reason to be skeptical over the new game is the point i am trying to make. whether or not you like the new combat system is a personal preference, but it has been universally accepted at this point that the new entry is a goty contender and one of the best games this console generation, at least based on all the reviews, professional or not.

You should have been more clear in your message dood.

I actually don't mind the combat in the new game, if anything I think they've taken some cues from From Software/ Bethesda Studios and mixed it with GoW3 to make something pretty cool and different. Personally prefer many other combat systems, but compared to previous GoW games fighting is excellent!

Unlike you, checking review numbers, I base my views on the pros and cons I find and discover myself, with that will point out the main flaw found in the game is the over-the-shoulder camera, it just doesn't work well for a game like this and handles like a restriction during combat. Otherwise would also state probably the worst puzzles in main GoW games, far too simplistic, yet it's still overall a joy to play. As stated combats great, level design is also far higher than my expectations, and the list goes-on.

Otherwise yes, my worries on this being by the team that developed flops like Ascension and Playstation All -Stars thankfully didn't reflect God of War (PS4).

"Best game of the generation" statements, are always something that makes me roll my eyes. I think many people like yourself need to cool your jets and play for yourself instead of riding the zeitgeist; it's fun, and certainly my kind of game, I'll at least view it for that currently, unless the game gets really bad later it's a solid game, and honestly don't see that happening it's a well paced game.

My GotY vote currently goes to Monster Hunter: World regardless; but GoW is shaping to be my second pick.