God of War I and II for PS3..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gedo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gedo93
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
I'm one of the unlucky who haven't played the God of War series. Now that it has gone platinium, and the sequel will get out next year (Which I'll buy), I want to hear if you can recommend me to buy those two PS2 games for my PS3? Will they look good?
Last time I tried a PS2 game for my PS3, (Ratchet and clank) it lagged like **** I barely couldn't play it, cause all movement was slowed a 100%.

What should I do?
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

do you have a ps2? just play on it.

if not what ps3 model do you have? my 60 gig runs gow2 fine i havent tried the original

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I'm a big fan of the God of War series, so maybe I'm biased, but I've put more time into, and had more fun with the God of War series then any PS3 title I've played to date. It looks great for a PS2 title, especially if you turn on the Progressive Scan. Aside from graphics though, the gameplay and story are just phenominal. You really owe it to yourself to go back and play these fantastic titles.

After you've played them, give em a try on God mode :).

Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts
theres a free download on PSN that is made for running old ps2 games. your game stop lagging if ya get that. all mine work fine on my ps3. im usin an 80gig so yours might be a different model so i dont know how they run on the others
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
theres a free download on PSN that is made for running old ps2 games. your game stop lagging if ya get that. all mine work fine on my ps3. im usin an 80gig so yours might be a different model so i dont know how they run on the otherschild_of_lileth
Yeah, you need to download the PS2 data from PSstore first. My GoW1 and 2 work fine on my PS3. Upscaling to progressive scan looks really good.... btw I have the 60gb one.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
PS2 games will only work on the 60GB and the 80GB models that were released before this month, and that other 20GB one I think? That one that was released at launch. Anyway, they'll look great, and they'll play great so there's no need to worry, you'll have a blast playing them.
rockwii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 rockwii13
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts
If you are going to buy any PS2 or PS1 games, go to Playstation.com and look at the backwards compatibility section before you buy. It tells you if and what the problems are with the game played on the PS3. Most of the bugs and glitches are absent when you update your system.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts
Youre gonna want to kick yourself in the nuts for not playing one of the most epic titles to ever grace the PS2.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Both GoW work great in my 80g console.