God of War 3 froze..now wont start back up? help =/

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zephyr12192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zephyr12192
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts

Alright so heres what happened: I was at the part where you are chasing hermes and after i made this one jump the game froze and the little loading icon in the lower right corner went on. It did this for about 10 minutes until i just restarted my ps3. I than tried to play again, and after the main menu i click on load saved game and start the black screen with the loading icon in the lower right...but it just keeps loading. So when I quit the game, it also restarts my ps3. I can't play it and its getting me really pissed off. I can play all my other games, and theres no scratches on the disk...Anyone know what i can do to fix this? Or if anyones had this problem??

Thanks

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

Have you tried to play a new game or a different save of the game? You could have corrupted your game save.

zephyr12192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zephyr12192
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts

Yea I just did, and it looks like i can play my last saved game, but not the autosaved one. Which sucked because the last time i saved was sooo long ago. Also, I don't wanna play it again and end up running into the same glitch at the hermes part.

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

You probably had a freak thing happen. I've had issues similar in other games. One thing it taught me was to save offend.

lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

Alright so heres what happened: I was at the part where you are chasing hermes and after i made this one jump the game froze and the little loading icon in the lower right corner went on. It did this for about 10 minutes until i just restarted my ps3. I than tried to play again, and after the main menu i click on load saved game and start the black screen with the loading icon in the lower right...but it just keeps loading. So when I quit the game, it also restarts my ps3. I can't play it and its getting me really pissed off. I can play all my other games, and theres no scratches on the disk...Anyone know what i can do to fix this? Or if anyones had this problem??

Thanks

zephyr12192

Reset and cut the power of your ps3 completely for a few mins. Check the disc for smudges. If it still doesnt work, then theres probably something wrong with your savefile, it might be corrupted. If none of your games work, you might have a bigger problem -> Call sony.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Sounds like your PS3 just froze, which happens from time to time. And as a result of restarting the system your autosave file got corrupted in the process.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
You have a corrupted save file.Same thing happened to me with Dragon Age Origins.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
This happened to me.. and I had to start ALL OVER right from the beginning. My manual saves, auto saves, were all corrupted. And this happened only to God of War 3, after the big update. All of my other games and their game saves worked perfectly fine. Disc is not scratch, dust free, perfect condition.