God of War 3 confirmed??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

All the PS3 fanboys in System Wars keep listing it as a PS3 game but they list alot of other games that haven't been confirmed. I'm on the fence about getting a PS3 and if a third one is being released, i'll be more likely to get one.

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
Well, obviously its coming, and obviously its on ps3. It has to be, they got enough stick for number 2 being on PS2.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
well i can't remember who said it, but one of the top guys who developed the game meantioned it during the release of god of war 2. IT really doesnt even NEED to be confirmed since it's almost a proven fact...sony wont let us be left with THE END BEGINS would they? ^_^
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
god of war 3 hasnt been confirmed yet but there is no way in hell they wotn releaes it for ps3. Thast just oen of their big guns that they are gonna take tiem to work on to make it look and play perfect on the ps3. they will prolly save it for next holiday 2008
mitchconlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mitchconlin
Member since 2005 • 1218 Posts

god of war 3 hasnt been confirmed yet but there is no way in hell they wotn releaes it for ps3. Thast just oen of their big guns that they are gonna take tiem to work on to make it look and play perfect on the ps3. they will prolly save it for next holiday 2008joevfx

that would be pretty sweet but more realistically 09 id guess.....

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
imo they should trahs the psp one and starting making the ps3 one. Yeah i know they have to support their systems but they are supporting ps2 and psp mo0re than the ps3. PS3 is their future so they need to make get games for it .
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
i think they are doing a good job hiding the fact that god of war 3 is coming out....cause when the times right and sony has everything prepared they are gonna WOW everyone like they did with the killzone 2 gameplay trailer
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
God of War 3 is coming to the PS3. Thats like saying, before the 360 was launched, that Halo will be on it. Its so obvious. The better question is when.
xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xDonRobx

Well, obviously its coming, and obviously its on ps3. It has to be, they got enough stick for number 2 being on PS2.Devils_Joker_22

I just started playing the first one not too long ago. I don't know how the second one ends which is why I wasn't sure if there was going to be another one in the series.

Never got a chance to play them before cause I was too addicted to Socom.

attorihanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 attorihanzo
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts
it will be announced 2008 and released in... 2009
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

well i can't remember who said it, but one of the top guys who developed the game meantioned it during the release of god of war 2. IT really doesnt even NEED to be confirmed since it's almost a proven fact...sony wont let us be left with THE END BEGINS would they? ^_^ CosmoKing7717

Cory Borlog in that interview which came out shortly after GoW2 was out. And yes its so obvious god of war 3 would be made and there would be no way it won't be exclusive on the PS3, since its made by Sony's own studio located in Santa Monica. And the chances of this game being made is no less likely Gears of War 2 or the next unreal tournment would be made by epic, which I say this because neither of those are announced yet but it would just be stupid for something so successful not to be milked further off of.

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
well i can't remember who said it, but one of the top guys who developed the game meantioned it during the release of god of war 2. IT really doesnt even NEED to be confirmed since it's almost a proven fact...sony wont let us be left with THE END BEGINS would they? ^_^ CosmoKing7717
David Jaffe. He's the man.
xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xDonRobx

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"]well i can't remember who said it, but one of the top guys who developed the game meantioned it during the release of god of war 2. IT really doesnt even NEED to be confirmed since it's almost a proven fact...sony wont let us be left with THE END BEGINS would they? ^_^ CR00K

Nice kill to death ratio :D

You earned that, or are you one of those little boosters that cheat with their friends?

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

[QUOTE="Devils_Joker_22"]Well, obviously its coming, and obviously its on ps3. It has to be, they got enough stick for number 2 being on PS2.xDonRobx

I just started playing the first one not too long ago. I don't know how the second one ends which is why I wasn't sure if there was going to be another one in the series.

Never got a chance to play them before cause I was too addicted to Socom.

The ending of GoW2 is very much like Halo 2. Its obvious theres a third, is delivers a line at the end which is like 'HEY, CHECK OUT THE NEXT GAME!'

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
GoW 3 is coming and was confirmed before the release of GoW2. I think that on the extra DVD its said also.
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Giddieon
Member since 2004 • 7522 Posts
man no one in theirright mind needs a crysale ball to tell you that GOW 3 is going to come to the PS3
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
i can't wait to see what the game play will look like ...just a pic of real time will make me drool. Second one was so amazing i cant wait...glad these dont take as long as kingdom heart games to come out ^_^
cyow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cyow
Member since 2004 • 1387 Posts
well gee, WHY would they release GOW3? the first two were only the best action-adventure games on the PS2
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

All the PS3 fanboys in System Wars keep listing it as a PS3 game but they list alot of other games that haven't been confirmed. I'm on the fence about getting a PS3 and if a third one is being released, i'll be more likely to get one.

xDonRobx

Did you not play GOWII or something? My God man, just use a little common sense of course GOW3 is coming, the way they ended 2 saw to that. Not to mention the legions of fans the francise aquired over the years.

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="joevfx"]god of war 3 hasnt been confirmed yet but there is no way in hell they wotn releaes it for ps3. Thast just oen of their big guns that they are gonna take tiem to work on to make it look and play perfect on the ps3. they will prolly save it for next holiday 2008mitchconlin

I agree 2009 or 2010 is just more realelistic (IMO)
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="mitchconlin"]

[QUOTE="joevfx"]god of war 3 hasnt been confirmed yet but there is no way in hell they wotn releaes it for ps3. Thast just oen of their big guns that they are gonna take tiem to work on to make it look and play perfect on the ps3. they will prolly save it for next holiday 2008venomdeo

True. 2 years for the gameplay, and 1 for graphics and designs seems possible.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xDonRobx
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

bobaban

Did you not play GOWII or something? My God man, just use a little common sense of course GOW3 is coming, the way they ended 2 saw to that. Not to mention the legions of fans the francise aquired over the years.

Well if you read posts besides the original..you would see that I said I never played the second one. I never played it before, but my 360 has been boring me (aside from BioShock) so I setup my PS2 and decided to play GOW since I heard it was great and missed out.

People actin like its a sin cause I never played the second one. If I did..I wouldn't have asked the question.

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
One of the people working on the game (forget who) said if God of War 2 was well liked then there would be a God of War 3. And, with the other 2 being PS2-only, Im pretty sure GoW3 will be released and PS3-only.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
for sure there will be a GOW3, only time can tell when it'll be released. my guess is 2009
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 austin_is_god
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts

If sony knows what's good for them, they will show it at TGS this year. Although, unless Sony CE Japan got the rights back, it would have to be at the Capcom booth seeing as they own the game in Japan.

Edit - It would be wise for sony to show GoW3 at TGS but I guess GoW2 will be on show as it is getting released in October in Japan so maybe they wont show it afterall. It should at least be announced though.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
God of War 3 will be on PS3

When God of War 2 was realeased and Chains of Olympus was annouced devs. said that apart from chains of olympus they are working on another God of War game with rumble ...

Expect God of War 3 to be annouced E3 next year ... schedued for Fall 2008 release which will proberly be delayed into early 09 ... thats what im guessing ...
D1rk-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 D1rk-Knight
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
They said from the beginning that GOD OF WAR will be a trilogy.
Lachupkabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lachupkabra
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
E3 2008 THE END BEGINS!!!
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

If i remember correctly the first 2 both came out in March and 2 years apart so maybe march 2009 we can expect this pretty little ditty?

rapstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rapstyle
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
I'm really waiting this fantastic game!!!!!!
mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts
GoW for the PS3 is like GeoW for the 360; it'll be polished up so much and made as near perfect as possible (or enough to make people think its perfect) because its a system seller.
UgaT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UgaT
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

Then Kratos will live forever in Playstation 3 hehehe..

a MUST HAVE game!

De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts
If you finished GOW2 you would know the answer yourself.
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

it has been confirmed

the leading developper said "god of war 3 will be using 1080p" i think he even said something about rumble (or "using all controler functionnalities") ... but thats very old ... would be hard to find the article again

just assume nothing yet, just wait and one day it will be announced

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
GoW 3 was confirmed the day GoW 2 hit stores.
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
[QUOTE="mitchconlin"]

[QUOTE="joevfx"]god of war 3 hasnt been confirmed yet but there is no way in hell they wotn releaes it for ps3. Thast just oen of their big guns that they are gonna take tiem to work on to make it look and play perfect on the ps3. they will prolly save it for next holiday 2008venomdeo

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, the end of GOW 2 clearly indicates a GOW 3 game, and sony will 100% put that game on the ps3 as the ps2 is maxed out and nearing the end of it's lifespan.
wrist_watch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 wrist_watch
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts

lol i love how exclusives or unconfirmed exclusives drive people into fanatics and madness. i think that this time around it could possibly be for both 360 and ps3 but either way im fine, i'll still be playing it and in the end thats all that matters...

kesytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kesytt
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

God of War III is a forthcoming installment in the popular God of War video game franchise. It is to be released for the PlayStation 3video game console, with a tentative release date of 2009.

Though little is known about the game at this point, it was confirmed to be in development by Cory Barlog at a God of War II launch event. He revealed that the game would run at full 1080p HD resolution, and the game would support SIXAXIS tilt and vibration functions. This statement was rather odd as the SIXAXIS controller does not currently support rumble and Sony's statement that rumble cannot be possible on the SIXAXIS controller; however, Sony executives have settled their dispute with Immersion, who are responsible for the rumble technology in both PlayStation and PlayStation 2 controllers and have agreed to integrate rumble technology to PlayStation products. This means that the rumble feature will be added to a future version of the current PlayStation 3 controller, like its predecessors. Barlog also expressed an interest in adding a cooperative mode "if we can do something unique with it".

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"]well i can't remember who said it, but one of the top guys who developed the game meantioned it during the release of god of war 2. IT really doesnt even NEED to be confirmed since it's almost a proven fact...sony wont let us be left with THE END BEGINS would they? ^_^ xDonRobx

Nice kill to death ratio :D

You earned that, or are you one of those little boosters that cheat with their friends?

Please, I seen better stats with ppl w/ only 1 acct. Like me.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

xDonRobx

Well as I said, it pretty much common knowledge around here that GOW is one of the biggest games on the Playstation systems. So obviously there will be a GOW3.

Well if you read posts besides the original..you would see that I said I never played the second one. I never played it before, but my 360 has been boring me (aside from BioShock) so I setup my PS2 and decided to play GOW since I heard it was great and missed out.

People actin like its a sin cause I never played the second one. If I did..I wouldn't have asked the question.

rounak2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rounak2006
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

God of War III is confirmed for the PS3. Here's the link to prove it -

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11648/God_of_War_3_Confirmed_With_Vibration.html