Get A New Bluetooth Headset?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ixi311downerixi
ixi311downerixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ixi311downerixi
Member since 2004 • 887 Posts

I have a Motorola H555 and use it with my PS3. Now I never really talk to people because I can barely find anybody who uses the bluetooth, or I cant understand them well. I was thinking of getting the Offical Sony Playstation 3 Headset. Is it worth it over my Motorola H555?

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
If you never use the current headset, then dont get a new one. You can test your headset by connecting it to yours or a friends phone and see how it works. Sometimes I cant understand people either, but thats just the way it is. I have the PSeye and I use that for chatting and I like it, since I dont have to use a headset at all, sound quality is awesome too.
Avatar image for ixi311downerixi
ixi311downerixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ixi311downerixi
Member since 2004 • 887 Posts

If you never use the current headset, then dont get a new one. You can test your headset by connecting it to yours or a friends phone and see how it works. Sometimes I cant understand people either, but thats just the way it is. I have the PSeye and I use that for chatting and I like it, since I dont have to use a headset at all, sound quality is awesome too.budboarder

Does the Eye work the same way as the bluetooth headset? Like say I was in a game of Battlefield 1943.....would it work good?

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

There's nothing wrong w/ you headset, and personally in my opinion the PS3 headset is crap... well not crap it's just a bad design (like most bluetooth). The problem is the mic is situated so that anything coming towards your face is also picked up by the mic. Guess what is coming directly towards your face?? your speakers!! Hence you either have to turn your mic down so low it won't pick up the speakers, or people won't understand you over the game noise. I also think there's something w/ the VOIP on PSN, but I don't really have any evidence towards that theory. It's just I've been w/ large groups on lan w/ usb headphones and still had problems understanding them.

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts

[QUOTE="budboarder"]If you never use the current headset, then dont get a new one. You can test your headset by connecting it to yours or a friends phone and see how it works. Sometimes I cant understand people either, but thats just the way it is. I have the PSeye and I use that for chatting and I like it, since I dont have to use a headset at all, sound quality is awesome too.ixi311downerixi

Does the Eye work the same way as the bluetooth headset? Like say I was in a game of Battlefield 1943.....would it work good?

Yes I love mine, i chat in every game I have since i never have to charge it.