Gave MNR another chance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

Hey guys I've been playing MNR recently it isn't mine but I'm borrowing it from a friend and basically I've been playing and I'm on the verge of buying this decent kart racer, but here are my issues with the game EXTREMELY LONG loading times(I haven't actually played a game that took this long to load, but I hear it's being patched soon), I keep getting disconnected from the server, game is pretty laggy in the ModSpot unless u just leave ur car and let everything load, and the cars still feel a little weird but I'm adjusting. Theres a lot of things I like about the game like avatar mods ones that look like power rangers AMAZE ME :lol: don't I feel silly but I loved the show back in the day, the community still seems friendly even with kids, less MW2 kids around, it has a SUPER easy track creator and I love making super long drift climb maps. Theres the positives and the negatives I don't know if I should buy the game or not I've probably downloaded 1-2GB of content from other players but should I get the game or not? I know some of you are going to tell me to decide by myself but there might be more convincing arguments about it, I could decide myself but I don't want to puting my mone down the drain for something stupid, sorry for the super long post but I haven't been posting too often this week

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

I really hope they patch that loading time thing, if they do I'll buy it. :)

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Whenever people set expectations more than what a game exactly is,it usually ends in them bin disapointed but since you have a second run and is ready to accept it for what it is,i think youhave returned to the human community

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GeneralHawx

Whenever people set expectations more than what a game exactly is,it usually ends in them bin disapointed but since you have a second run and is ready to accept it for what it is,i think youhave returned to the human community

megaspiderweb09
what do u mean by human community does it mean I should get it because I'm already willing to accept it even with the games flaws, :lol: sounds like marriage HAHA
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

GeneralHawx

what do u mean by human community does it mean I should get it because I'm already willing to accept it even with the games flaws, :lol: sounds like marriage HAHA

In this generation,games feel like marriage :p.I usually dont set too much expectations from games anymore,it is what killed the fun of Uncharted 2 for me

NatsumeKonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 NatsumeKonno
Member since 2009 • 350 Posts

I would like to beable to skip the intro logo and faster loading times. Also better match making for xp race.Other then that the game is great.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeneralHawx

I would like to beable to skip the intro logo and faster loading times. Also better match making for xp race.Other then that the game is great.

NatsumeKonno
same about the intros, I hate how now a days they MAKE u watch it very rarely do they allow u to skip it like MW2 for instance
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Loading times arent that bad imo. I mean once you get to ModSpot. I would like it faster but it doesnt bother me that much.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Was very disappointed during the first hours, as I read the AI is not forgiving, sending you lots of weapons during the final turn and you lose 4-5 places each time you're hit. I know I'm bad at racers and thought it's a fun game so it won't be hard ...

Add to that the long loading times, and the track creation where you'll look for some options for ages (still don't know how to vut the track to jump over, would like to populate with more control, no idea how to put weapons bubbles ...), I found how to use the tracks you've downloaded, but not the karts or pilots ...

After some time I had fun, mainly seeing how creative people are.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeneralHawx

Was very disappointed during the first hours, as I read the AI is not forgiving, sending you lots of weapons during the final turn and you lose 4-5 places each time you're hit. I know I'm bad at racers and thought it's a fun game so it won't be hard ...

Add to that the long loading times, and the track creation where you'll look for some options for ages (still don't know how to vut the track to jump over, would like to populate with more control, no idea how to put weapons bubbles ...), I found how to use the tracks you've downloaded, but not the karts or pilots ...

After some time I had fun, mainly seeing how creative people are.

TheTenth10
lol kay so if u wanna to learn to make the shield u have to have the boost bar that yellow stuff on the side and u push circle while ur driving to activate it, to get costumes and karts u have to download them off places after that if ur in the modspot just click R1 which get to ur character selection page the next thing u want to do is click R2 which willl change the page to dl and u chose which car or costumes u want
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I'll probably wait until the patch comes out that fixes the loading and then I'll pick it up :)

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#12 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

The only problems with Modnation Racers for me is rarely finding an XP race it takes ages, loading at the start is the worst part and the servers need fixing the amount of times I've been disconnected when I've won a race is annoying me. As soon as these problems are fixed I will be happy even more if Sony and United Front Games remove the stupid region block on the servers.

LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

ill wait for the price drop ..i really liked the demo :P

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I plan on buying MNR very soon. Probably after the next patch is released (will supposedly lower load times).
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Im thinking about getting rid of my copy of MNR. If it weren't for my wife wanting to play it i probably would.

Im a big fan of racing, especially kart games, but this game is all flash. Its fun to see other peoples creations and make your own but thats short lived imo. The track creator is neat and its awesome that many things are completed automatically, but i built a great track in under 5 mins. Doesn't leave me with the same sense of accomplishment i had with Little Big Planet by far.

The racing is highly generic and messing up/wrecking is way to unforgiving. Also the level 3 weapons are just too much. They nearly will wipe out the entire racers or in the case of the turbo it will warp you to nearly the front of the racers in an instant.

Ive won quite a few online races and those are enjoyable, but it doesn't weight out the problems i mentioned.

Maybe im just expecting too much of the game, but then again maybe its just as shallow as it seems. Ill just have to do like you did and give it a second chance i guess, but whats new if ive already created a track, racer, kart, and raced online? Hot lap is a nice feature at least.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Other than the load times MNR is a blast to play.

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Other than the load times MNR is a blast to play.

Mcortijo01

I agree with this!! So hopefully the patch will fix that :D