Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 psi123
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask for advice in buying one of this two headsets. Price is not a big issue between those althought Sony cost exactly 2x more than Stinger.

The main question i want to ask if virtual 7.1 surround in Sony gives a real difference when it comes to pinpointing footsteps and shots directions vs stereo in Stinger

I've read a lot, even considered Arctis 7 or TB Stealth 700, but basically its a complete waste for me to pay that much on a headset as i want to use it just for fortnite, maybe sometimes for BF. For fifa or other sport games it wont make any difference for me. Its just about being better in hearing that footsteps or even shots direction as i mentioned. I dont need it for any music/movies as i have Bose QC25 headphones also, but in those i cant use mic, which doesnt simply work on ps4.

Hyperx Stinger looks like best for its price, read only great opinions about it but the only problem is that its just stereo. Sony is dedicated and has that virtual 7.1 so i believe it can actually make a difference when it comes to games like fortnite but is it really?

I also considered Cloud 2 wich are more than Stinger but less than Sony, but to get 7.1 there i would have to connect it by cable to the console not the controller and even though i have it close i wont do it. So it has to be wireless with 7.1 or stereo with jack connection to controller. I also like the design of Stinger more to be honest comparing to Cloud 2.

I get same price for Hyperx Revolver as i can get for Sony headset but then from what i understand its same issue as with Cloud 2. It would be way better for PC, but to have surround on Ps4 i would have to connect it directly to the console. Would have to go with S version for wireless but thats too much.

Its also only for Ps4. I will never use it for gaming on PC

I also read that people break Sony due to bad hinge, but i guess its not a huge issue for me as i wont travel with it or throw it. Plus we are comparing it to the Stinger who are also budget ones without premium quality.

Anyway what are your opinions about this two? Can you notice the difference in virtual 7.1 sound when it comes to footsteps and shots direction? Would you recommened one over another and why?

Thanks!

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psi123

Guys? Any chance for a help here ;)?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Stinger.

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psi123

@GTR12 said:

Stinger.

Why? I hardly can get any anwsers for that. And actually i am more convinced in going for New Gold Headset 2018 Edition that was just released in the Usa IF they release it in the Uk/Europe within 1 or 2 weeks. But no information about it at all... Was only released in the Usa now for 99 USD

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@psi123 said:
@GTR12 said:

Stinger.

Why? I hardly can get any anwsers for that. And actually i am more convinced in going for New Gold Headset 2018 Edition that was just released in the Usa IF they release it in the Uk/Europe within 1 or 2 weeks. But no information about it at all... Was only released in the Usa now for 99 USD

Because its cheaper and the 7.1 surround sound is a gimmick on headphones.

The QC25's will sound better if I'm honest.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

I have the TB Stealth 520 which is great for surround sound as it uses DTS Headphone X. It's only slightly more expensive than the Sony Gold Wireless.

I'd avoid the Stealth 700 as it's had terrible reviews on amazon and I hear it doesn't get loud enough

PS: I will also stress that my stealth 520 is my only experience when it comes to surround sound in a headset but for me it sounds great and very convincing. My understanding is that most virtual surround sound headphones attempt to convert a stereo signal, where as DTS Headphone X actually takes a surround signal and converts it so it can be used with two speakers and in my experience it works very well

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psi123

@Chris_53 said:

I have the TB Stealth 520 which is great for surround sound as it uses DTS Headphone X. It's only slightly more expensive than the Sony Gold Wireless.

I'd avoid the Stealth 700 as it's had terrible reviews on amazon and I hear it doesn't get loud enough

PS: I will also stress that my stealth 520 is my only experience when it comes to surround sound in a headset but for me it sounds great and very convincing. My understanding is that most virtual surround sound headphones attempt to convert a stereo signal, where as DTS Headphone X actually takes a surround signal and converts it so it can be used with two speakers and in my experience it works very well

Thanks for the input. I am closer to the decision now. I really like Acrtis7 ones but it turned out 7.1 is not compatible with ps4 and only stereo will work there so thats a no.

Basically will either get Turlte Beach 600, 700 or New Gold Sony Headset that was just release in the US.

Basically from what i understand 600 is the newer version of 520. 700 cost more but is same + noise cancellation and it got bluetooth, but from what i understand so far is that its only good for listening musing while gaming. I was sure i can get them to play too and connect via bluetooth to my phone, but if thats not the caise i dont see any reason to pay more for just noice cancellation so it would be either Turtle Beach 600 or Sony Goldset. In most of the reviews its basically 50/50. Turtle beach got that Super Human option wich i am basically mostly interested as i mentioned to use in games like fortnite and definately i would pay less for TB 600 than for the new Sony Gold Headset. Also 600 is available now while i dont know the date of release in the Uk/Europe for the Sony one.

Anyone used that Super Human option, is it really good for FPS games? Would that be a better choice? Thanks

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By psi123

Looks like that bluetooth actually works normally with the phone, will just confirm it that i can connect it to the phone or laptop via bluetooth and use it like normal bluetooth headset and think i will have the winner

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By psi123

I have decided to go with Stealth 700.

@Chris_53 Hopefully it will be good :) Mostly bad reviews about Stealth 700 are from the beginning where they had some problems with connectivity that were fixed with first firmware update

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

@psi123 said:

@Chris_53 Hopefully it will be good :) Mostly bad reviews about Stealth 700 are from the beginning where they had some problems with connectivity that were fixed with first firmware update

Hopefully you'll have a better experience than those who wrote the bad reviews. How is it so far?

psi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psi123

@Chris_53 said:
@psi123 said:

Hopefully you'll have a better experience than those who wrote the bad reviews. How is it so far?

Wanted to test it out first before writing anything so:

They are very comfy, i dont have any issues with it. Not that comfortable as Bose of course, but i see no issues with it and they actually looks nice so it wont be a problem for me to use it in plane or sth.

Bluetooth option is great. I am sure it will be a great thing. Havent used it that much for switching between my main laptop or phone with music or movies because i mainly used it just for gaming so far, but i really like this feature

Sound is great and the only problem i have is with Superhuman feature. This was one of the main things that i was looking for, but honestly in Fortnite i cant see any difference between using this option turned on or off.

The 3 buttons on the left cup could be better placed. I mean its easy to get the on/off button or the superhuman on the other side, but if you want to press bluetooth one in the middle you might sometimes missclick as its a little bit hard to know the button you want to click by just the "touch" of it.

I would also like to know how much batter is left. Ps4 is not showing it and you cant see it on the headset anywhere too. I have it mostly connected to the phone where you have a turtle beach app which is very nice. You can turn on/off all the options for the headset there and you can see the battery level only there. But it should be also on the headset so that to check the battery level i dont need to check the app first(assuiming you also have it connected via bluetooth to the phone as well)

One advice, always connect to Stealth 700 device you find via bluetooth, not the LE Stealth 700.

Overall i am happy. I think bluetooth addition will be nice and i will use it. However i need to test this superhuman thing as i cant see any difference when its turned on in Fortnite. Its the only game i played so far and i really hoped this will give me an edge. Maybe i just need more practice.

Its better than my Bose qc15, but not sure if the less pricey headsets like Stinger wouldnt be similar at this particular thing.