Gamestop Shipping error? (good for me ill get 2 PS3's LOL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

Ok when i first ordered my PS3 on monday (last week) i got a message saying that the order couldent be fulfilled because the name on the shipping address was different from the credit card (i used my name to ship it to my house and my dads credit card) so i got a message saying back that the ordercouldent be fulfilled because of that. so i said ok ill just have it ordered again. (needless to say it hasent ben re ordered yet) then my cousin comes over (next door neighbor) and gives me a UPS thing it has my name on it and it says its from gamestop. well my cousin wasent home to tell them that i live next door so now there gonna deliver my package tommorow. now 1 thing i do know IS that the money didnt get taken off my dads credit card so i know i have $400 so i can order another one (and im tottally gonna do that)

so what should i do Call Gamestop and tell them about the error or order another PS3?

Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
wtf? dont use the extra 400 dollars to buy another ps3... use it else where.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Why order another one? Spend the cash on other things like PS3 games, or even a 360 or Wii.
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hofuldig

Why order another one? Spend the cash on other things like PS3 games, or even a 360 or Wii.GazzaB

LOL i had a 360 but i sold it for the PS3 :Pand i tottally think the wii sucks. but yeah i guess its either another PS3 or more games. Ill probbly get the PS3 then sell it for the same price (for cash) and then get more games. looks like iv gotten lucky this round!

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Call me crazy, but I would call them/email them and let them know, for a couple of reasons. One, eventually there is a good chance they will find out about the error, and they can charge your credit card at that time even if it's 6 months from now, and there is nothing you can do about it. Second, whether you agree or not, it's the honest thing to do no matter how big a company they are or how much it's their fault. It's no different than finding somone's wallet on the sidewalk, taking out the money, then throwing away the wallet.

It's up to you at this point, and even if you don't feel morally compelled to do the right thing, you should consider my first reason. You should also consider that if you aren't charged, maybe you can save your dad the money. Actually, that's probably the best advice I can give you, ask your dad what should be done, as it's his credit card, and if anything comes back to bite you down the road, I think then you would be glad that you told him. Unless you don't care, if somehow someone gets in trouble for the dishonesty later, it's him that will get in trouble, not you.

boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
as hard as it may be......I would personaly do the "right thing" and return it. Karma is a beeeotch......Your better than that
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hofuldig
hmm well after my dad got home we checked his card and the money was still not put onto it. i then promptly went to my Gamestop account on the website and they changed the info from CANCLED to SHIPPED. so im like OK?? they sent me an email saying they cancled it and they wtill shipped it anyways? yeah looks like there system has some bugs in it.
the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts

Call me crazy, but I would call them/email them and let them know, for a couple of reasons. One, eventually there is a good chance they will find out about the error, and they can charge your credit card at that time even if it's 6 months from now, and there is nothing you can do about it. Second, whether you agree or not, it's the honest thing to do no matter how big a company they are or how much it's their fault. It's no different than finding somone's wallet on the sidewalk, taking out the money, then throwing away the wallet.

It's up to you at this point, and even if you don't feel morally compelled to do the right thing, you should consider my first reason. You should also consider that if you aren't charged, maybe you can save your dad the money. Actually, that's probably the best advice I can give you, ask your dad what should be done, as it's his credit card, and if anything comes back to bite you down the road, I think then you would be glad that you told him. Unless you don't care, if somehow someone gets in trouble for the dishonesty later, it's him that will get in trouble, not you.

MyzeDivine
ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
I'd inform Gamestop about the problem, it is the morally right thing to do. Also, Gamestop is also really cool when it comes to reporting things like this that you don't have to. They may catch the error later anyways, and then you'd be stuck with two $400 PS3s. If you report it though (which I shouldn't even have to right "if"), when you report their error, there is a good chance they'll send you a gift card for being honest. I was given an instore discount before for not stealing a game that was left in the case. Think logically, and do the right thing ;) This shouldn't even be a question, you should know the right answer. This world is a screwed up place though, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I'd inform Gamestop about the problem, it is the morally right thing to do. Also, Gamestop is also really cool when it comes to reporting things like this that you don't have to. They may catch the error later anyways, and then you'd be stuck with two $400 PS3s. If you report it though (which I shouldn't even have to right "if"), when you report their error, there is a good chance they'll send you a gift card for being honest. I was given an instore discount before for not stealing a game that was left in the case. Think logically, and do the right thing ;) This shouldn't even be a question, you should know the right answer. This world is a screwed up place though, so nothing surprises me anymore.TheCheat23k
Oh please no SANE person would throw 400 bucks to "feel better" about oneself and the very slim chance theyll give you a gift card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I am arent I. Thanks! My work here is done. Seriously I actually do take that as a compliment
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
from experience and actually being old enough to own a credit card, companies dont charge the card til the item has been delivered or at the end of the month, so I wouldn't recommend ordering another ps3 unless you can afford it, want another one or are an idiot.
Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Assassinslay
Member since 2007 • 1366 Posts
Why order another one? Spend the cash on other things like PS3 games, or even a 360 or Wii.GazzaB
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

You might get away with it or not, that shouldn't be your motivation for telling them / not. You just decide what kind of person you are or want to be. Then act accordingly. Unfortunately too many people wouldn't let gamestop know... You don't go around doing the right thing hoping to get something out of it - you do it because of who you are. And for avataraang - yeah plenty of people that would let them know. A few years ago IBM screwed up with a laptop to a buddy of mine - he called them and then paid the $2,200 he owned and he isn't rich, but he decided to buy a laptop and was going to pay for it...

btf504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 btf504
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
It seems like we have a very moral bunch. I absolutely would not call them.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
How can you be sure that the card wasn't charged?
unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts
Dont give it back. Do the right thing and buy games to make yourself happy.
lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts

this

Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

lucky arnt you? hmmmm i cant say that i wouldnt keep it......

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.420Token420

They will have his credit card info, and they can charge him for what they sent him, and there is nothing he can do about it, because he has the item.

longlivecesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 longlivecesar
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
Yeah do the right thing because they can bill you for it at a later time.
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
Get another PS3, so you can say that you have TWO playstations 3's.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

[QUOTE="420Token420"]Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.MyzeDivine

They will have his credit card info, and they can charge him for what they sent him, and there is nothing he can do about it, because he has the item.

They do man but this is business .. they sent it to him without charging him for it .. he can fight it and he won't lose.

SamirZulic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SamirZulic
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Dude I'm pretty sure they have already charged you and taken the money, it just may take a few days for the transaction to be posted. I know whenever I buy stuff on eBay it always takes a few days for Visa to post my transaction...it doesn't happen instantly.

Also knowing big companies (such as this one) they NEVER send out items unless they get confirmaion of payment first, never.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]

[QUOTE="420Token420"]Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.420Token420

They do man but this is business .. they sent it to him without charging him for it .. he can fight it and he won't lose.

well you're right about one thing this is business. they CAN and WILL charge him when, not if, they find the screw up. theres a few points on here you should listen to as well.

1. online visa transactions are not always posted immediatly

2.your father will be the one taking the heat not you, if you're alright with that then well you're a demon child and dont deserve the PS3

3.IF there was a mix up and you go into the store and tell them what happened, more then likely you'll get some kinda discount/gift card for your honesty

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]

[QUOTE="420Token420"]Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.enygma500

well you're right about one thing this is business. they CAN and WILL charge him when, not if, they find the screw up. theres a few points on here you should listen to as well.

1. online visa transactions are not always posted immediatly

2.your father will be the one taking the heat not you, if you're alright with that then well you're a demon child and dont deserve the PS3

3.IF there was a mix up and you go into the store and tell them what happened, more then likely you'll get some kinda discount/gift card for your honesty

Lol @ 3, We're talking about gamestop here...

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hofuldig

How can you be sure that the card wasn't charged?bdhoff

my dad can check it online. its simple

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

[QUOTE="bdhoff"]How can you be sure that the card wasn't charged?hofuldig

Other people mentioned it and they're right, it DOES take a few days for a transaction to post to your online statement. Mine takes anywhere from 3 to 5 days. It's not like a debit card where it's instant. I'd hold off a few days before making a decision.

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]

[QUOTE="420Token420"]Honestly it's their problem .. their screw up .. but then again they will find it, but they can't do anything about it because well they messed up .. honestly they sent it to you for free, they can't come back for money now, they will have to eat their losses.420Token420

You are wrong. There are laws in place here where they can charge you for items that they sell. There is a time limit, can't remember now but about 6-12 months. Kind of like going to the doctor and not getting billed for a few months..... He agreed to pay for the product they shipped it. Not like they just randomly selected a dude and shipped a product out to him...

War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
Why get another console? Better to get a couple of games or something else.
Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#34 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts

Once they recognize the error they will charge your "dad's credit card" that extra $400.00 dollars,they still can pull up the credit card that was used for the transaction.It's one thing if the merchandise was lost or stolen enroute.But you received two of them.Nothing is free....i would call them...tell them of the error...if they say keep it sweet...if they say return it...do the right thing...they might send some "swag" or some free games/accessories for your PS3.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
they will see that 400$ has gone astray, they will look back at their records, find you and charge you.Never a buisness would let pass a blunder like that.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
you can tell the difference between the kids who don't know jack and the adults that have actually dealt with credit card companies. They have up to 12 months to correct the issue. After that, you'd be free and clear. But up until that point, the law is on their side.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
eventually they are going to charge you. Wait a month and if nothing shows up......congrats.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

[QUOTE="bdhoff"]How can you be sure that the card wasn't charged?hofuldig

Wait a month before you do anything because I've knew a person who mistakenly was given more money in his bank account. The bank DID catch it within a month though and sent him a letter to inform him of the mistake and how much money they were removing.

I've seen so many stories of banks going back and charging people with THEFT because the people refuse to pay the bank back when mistakes like these are made. Either way.....you may think you are getting away with this but mark my words.....they are going to find out where that missing $400 came from and they will charge your credit card.

Xionethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xionethic
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
lets just say it will probably going to come back and bite you in the back side... :/ i mean you can go buy another one, but it is possible they will find out.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

MyzeDivine

Smart man.

thadude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thadude85
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

you said you are going to buy another ps3 and sell it for the same price? how much sense does that make man. why go to the effort of buying a ps3 for 400 and having to mess with selling it for 400 just to end up right back where u started with a free ps3 and 400 dollars to spend? makes no sense at all.