Gamespot go be a journalist and find out about these PSN/SEN account hi-jacks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alhuf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alhuf
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I posted about account getting hacked this morning. I found a few articles on some people having the same issues. I checked the PlayStation forums this afternoon and behold, the number is increasing. The attack/exploits seemed to have started last night (my email notifying me that my email attached to my account was changed at 0026). Many of the victims are also claiming charges that are linked with Neverwinter, I was able to recover my sign in and can verify a Neverwinter charge on my account also. What the hell is Neverwinter?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

it's an rpg that's started life around 15 years ago.

sorry to hear you've been hacked. the reality with this type of thing these days is that it's more likely you've been on the receiving end of a social engineering scam, or you've got a common password that's easy to brute force. i don't know if either of these do indeed apply to you and i haven't read your other post but i do know sony don't exactly have a reputation for being overly sympathetic or supportive to hackees like yourself.

the bad news is this goes on all the time. hope you find a positive resolution. i'd just badger the hell out of sony on twitter or any other form of social media inc reddit to put pressure on them if this isn't your fault and keep your fingers crossed they resolve the issue and ultimately refund you

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I don't think GameSpot employs any journalists. Maybe try Vice Gaming, they have 2 good journalists.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

People get their accounts hacked on all systems, PCs, and devices, what's to report here?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

It's sad that Neverwinter is being used this way. Hopefully Sony addresses the issue quickly and finally implements two-factor authentication to make it harder for people to steal money from others using PSN as a gateway. Sony announced it in April, but it doesn't look like it has been deployed yet. I'd like to see Nintendo also add 2FA before they end up in a similar situation.

PSN_M1NAT3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 PSN_M1NAT3K
Member since 2014 • 163 Posts

I smell a movie tie-in: GameSpotlight

Alhuf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Alhuf
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

Another gaming website actually did a report on this but it was half ass, no comments from Sony? Really? Here is the link http://www.gamezone.com/news/some-psn-users-are-reporting-that-their-accounts-have-been-hacked-3442312

Can't believe Gamespot won't do reports on things that involve gamers.