Game saves downloaded onto a usb memory stick not working on my ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

groundhogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 groundhogman
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i've downloaded the gamesaves from gamefaqs with my computer to a usb memory stick and then try it on my ps3 and it keeps saying "NO SAVED DATA" whats happening, what is it i'm not doing right????
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
you got to put it inside a folder named PS3
groundhogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 groundhogman
ok then what
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ddldave
that's all you do, create a new folder called PS3 and put all the gamesaves in there, pop it into your ps3 and then boom, the no saved data will dissapear, and all the gamesaves are in there. cuz the ps3 only loads things inside a folder called PS3
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ddldave
oh yeah, you just gota press triangle on the gamesaves then click copy, then it will take the gamesave and put it into your ps3
groundhogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 groundhogman
what about the game saves that are zip files do i need to unzip or not?
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ddldave
i just unzip mine, and place it inside the ps3 folder. place all the gamesaves files into the ps3 folder, that's all, don't put any folders inside the ps3 folder, just put the files inside the ps3 folder that are not folders.
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ddldave
ok heres waht you do. 1) create a folder called PS3 2) download your gamesaves then unzip it into PS3 folder 3) make sure there are no folders inside the PS3 folder, only the gamesaves files are in there. 4) pop the usb, disc or whatever you save the files into onto the PS3 5) go to it and then select your gamesaves then press triangle 6) press copy then it will copy to your ps3 harddrive 7) then you're done
groundhogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 groundhogman
cool thanks alot, believe it or not i called playstation and they could not answer this for me.
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ddldave
yeah, i don't think the ps3 was built to work gamesaves like that. people now abuse gamesaves by downloading it online and saving it into their ps3, i got 100 percent of my resistance fall of man finished because i used gamesaves i found online, now i got the black ops skins for online play =D
groundhogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 groundhogman
yea im stuck on genji try to fight the really hard princess lady or whatever and nobody can defeat her and i really want to be able to play the rest of this game and i'm really bummed out it's been like 2 weeks and i haven't played it because of this part.
MageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MageHeart
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Sorry for bumping kinda old thread but i just have to say... thanks. I was trying as well. Does the same thing work with PS2 saves? on the PS3 ofc. And Groundhog, I beat her in the 1st go... lol. Main dude's (cant say his name cos the middle bit is censored 0.o) bro was the hardest tho. I del save sadly cos i traded in Genji.
houdinidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 houdinidx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
THAT IS SO COOL, WHAT SITE IS IT, ANY SIDEEFFECTS? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
THAT IS SO COOL, WHAT SITE IS IT, ANY SIDEEFFECTS? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!houdinidx
google it! Thats how I found em, and there were no side effects for me..
Shadowsong1395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shadowsong1395
When I do it the playstation 3 informs me "there are no titles"
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Make a folder on your memory stick called PS3 Then, inside of the PS3 folder, make another folder called SAVEDATA You must use capitals. Then put the saved data folder from the game into the SAVEDATA folder. That might work. I have a backup LBP save and all the data is in some weird folder with a bunch of letters and numbers, so that might be an issue. What game is it that you are trying to get?
dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

Make a folder on your memory stick called PS3 Then, inside of the PS3 folder, make another folder called SAVEDATA You must use capitals. Then put the saved data folder from the game into the SAVEDATA folder. That might work. Chaos_Bladez

Or if you just copy one of your own saves into the USB device via your PS3, it creates all the folders for you!

newcars99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 newcars99
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i started up gta 4 and it said i cant use the data because its not mine.
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

how bout just playing the game instead of using other peoples saves.. i mean talk about sucking the fun out of a game... if gamestop offered 100% saves and all trophies for sale i bet most people would buy it

starhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starhenry
Hi guys I have try to save Metal Gear 4 in my ps3 I download the save game from gametaq.com then unzip and then I make folder PS3-->SAVEDATA-->game folder--->the save data plus a game photo. In the ps3 it read save game and I copy the save game in the HDD, all going great till when I start the game (Metal gears 4) and load the save game I can't find my save game data in the game but i can see it on my HDD (Save Game Utility PS3) it's been saved but not when I start the game and it's not there. WHY IS THAT????? I am going Crazy!!
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Has to be PS3> SAVEDATA > Game saves.... Or similar... google it you will find the answer with about 100millon hits...
IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IamBEASTMODE
Member since 2010 • 538 Posts

Has to be PS3> SAVEDATA > Game saves.... Or similar... google it you will find the answer with about 100millon hits...JohnF111

Yep - main folder needs to be titled "PS3" and then the sub folder needs to be titled "SAVEDATA" for the PS3 to recognise it, also it you want to install themes do the same method but title the folder "THEME" - Hope this helps!

smestad1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 smestad1
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

I played for hours on bioshock 2 only for it to freeze and delete all my progress...no **** way im doing it over again so i need a game save so that i can pickup where i left.