Game Demon Souls~!~

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iron_Eye18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Iron_Eye18
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

I heard it's realised in other places the game seems pretty cool from what I've seen. Story Sounds Wack! But Fighting and Online Sounds Cool Anyone Kno Anything about it that might convince me to buy it or is it a pass?

WalterPeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 WalterPeck
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Pros:

Great gameplay mechanic. Doesn't feel clunky in the least, very responsive. I think this is the best part of the game.

Fairly non-linear levels so you can skip around and vary your challenge as you see fit.

Variety of starting classes. I've only seen more in D&D style games. However, you aren't locked into that class and can put experience where you want to change your character as you like.

Voice acting is quite good.

Cons:

Punishing difficulty can turn off some players. It is tough, but fair.

Autosave function means if you die in the middle of a level, you have to start back at the beginning of that level, even if you are at a boss (larger levels will have short cuts to get nearer to a boss, however).

As per above, if you die you lose all "souls" you have in your posession. You CAN get them back if you return to the point where you died, and don't exit out of the game or pick up another pile of souls from another death.