Future of PS3 Could be Tough...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

check out this link: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/818/818546p1.html

"Square Enix: Future of PS3 Could be Tough"

I don't understand why they would state something like that, except for a couple of disappointing overhyped games, I thought the ps3 was starting to do well lately, the future can only get better imo.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I see where they are coming from but I really don't think they should be worried about releasing their games for the PS3 since most would be system sellers anyways, especially if they drop the nuke (Final Fantasy VII remake)
pandadude01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 pandadude01
Member since 2004 • 2084 Posts
I agree it should have been marketed as primarily a gaming machine from the beginning, but I don't understand why that makes the future difficult.
AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts
What was the point of posting information that people already knew???? Sounds like TC is trolling.
HaloFire111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HaloFire111
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts
What was the point of posting information that people already knew???? Sounds like TC is trolling.AgentZero225

Umm for the people that don't know? Like me?
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentZero225"]What was the point of posting information that people already knew???? Sounds like TC is trolling.HaloFire111

Umm for the people that don't know? Like me?

and me..

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I don't understand why they would state something like that, except for a couple of disappointing overhyped games, I thought the ps3 was starting to do well lately, the future can only get better imo.

Jamie_1987

I think with the change of the head in Sony, things are looking unstable for many developers to have strong faith in Sony to develop their multi-million dollar investment. Their investment is directly related to what Sony is doing so SquareEnix has right to worry about their investment,

Also with new president, their entire marketing plan have changed and to many developers and to fans, it does look like Sony is starting to panic and trying to make some radical change and adjust to the situation. Before, Sony would sound like they would have strong marketing plan set, which developers who are also an investor to Sony had strong belief in Sony to continue their investment, but now with Sony drastically changing their plan, the developers are also starting to doubt. Also with consoles being sold less than expected, it really pressures the developers to worry about their investments. Imagine if they make a game that they have invested millions of dollars but the market isn't there.

Of course this also is partially Square's own fault because they have saturated Final Fantasy name in market where it no longer comes to the gamers noble and epic, which in result doesn't command as much as respect like in the past. If Square have taken better care of Final Fantasy franchise, they wouldn't need to worry about the market as much because the game would sell the system, instead of worrying about the number of system sold to ensure the market out there for their next Final Fantasy game.

Personally I think Sony is doing alright. They are selling their systems consistently and they are using cheap but effective method like 80 gig PS3s to sell their products faster, and most likely will continue to use these little scheme like marketing to sell their system for the time being until they have secure number of games out in the market so they system will sell itself. PS3 simply doesn't have games out at the moment thanks to Sony's hardware development with no consideration to developers and once that problem has been solved, PS3 will be alright.

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts

blah blah the PS2 was on the same boat the first 2 years it came out look at it now.

I think this Gen every body is over critical about everything it s crazy, 5 years from now let s see who is on top.

tomgps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tomgps
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

One competitor breaks down.

The other competitor is "kiddy".

I don't see a tough future. I see a bright one.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

tomgps
the third competitor is too cocky.
tomgps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tomgps
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
[QUOTE="tomgps"]

icarus212001

the third competitor is too cocky.

Winners usually are.

jmk777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jmk777
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts

Jamie_1987

I really dont understand why people have to keep posting links to negative stuff like this.

The Wii will succeed

The Xbox360 will succeed

The PS3 will succeed

Who has the biggest user base in the end? who knows but going on Sonys history i would back them in. The PS3 was built to last and be around for along time.

:cry:

Floms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Floms
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

Just Wait and see what happend