Funny controller charging issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

Hey all, I'm having a strange problem with my Dualshock controllers. Now, I currently own the original black controller that came with my PS3 like 5 years ago when I bought it. One blue controller that came with the Uncharted value pack at Target (the Uncharted double pack + controller in one box), and then bought one of those 4-port chargers off ebay for like less than 20 bucks. It's a pretty cool looking charger that lights up blue when on and has 4 indicator lights (1 per controller port), and the light is red when charging but turns green when fully charged). There is no company name as it was one of those Hong Kong things that are just generic brands, ya know?

Anyway, the two old controllers I have (black and blue ones) charge just fine on the ebay charger. But the problem is that I recently bought 2 new controllers at Best Buy, that come in that new blue packaging. One pink one and one white one. Strangely, while these 2 new controllers charge just fine plugging it into the PS3 system via USB cable, the two new controllers do NOT charge on the ebay charger. They go in, all four controller LED's blink as if charging, but the controllers never actually STOP charging and have no more power than when I first plugged em in.

Why is it that my two old controllers can work on this ebay charger while my two new ones don't? I'm not sure if I want to take the risk of buying a different 4-port charger (maybe with an actual brand name, like RocketFish or something) because I don't know if these 2 new controllers will have issues with it as well. What do you all think? Any ideas? thanks

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Probably the softwares aren't compatible...