FTB3 code question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

so i heard that FTB3 needs a code to be played. is it real? if it is per console or account?

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

*Push*

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

Okay, to end this one now I will explain how this works as we have discussed this before.

If you buy the game new as UMD from the store you will have a code that will allow you to unlock the online playability of the game. The code, as I understand, is provided within the contents of the UMD case. Each code once used only works with one PSP. If you buy the game on PSN then the online mode only works with the PSP that bought the game. If you buy the game UMD used then you may have bought a game where the code was used by the previous owmer in which if you wanted to play online then you would need to purchase the $20 online code.

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts
Pardon me for jumping in here....but you said that the code can only be used on one PSP. What if I changed PSN names after I activated the code already on my older PSN?
eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

Pardon me for jumping in here....but you said that the code can only be used on one PSP. What if I changed PSN names after I activated the code already on my older PSN?Devoo55

That is what seems to be unclear to me because what I read it was per PSP, now I would think it would be the PSP that the account is activated on. Not sure man, I'll try to do some research.

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

It's connected to the PSN account, it has nothing to do with the PSP. So whatever PSP your using with that one account at the moment, is how you access your one code.

Every new UMD comes with a code on the back of the manual. It's one use only. Every digital download comes pre registered, (as if you already entered the code) but I've been hearing some problems from users about it still requiring a code when it shouldn't.

Contacting customer support and supplying your serial number seems to be clearing it up though.

The separate "online download" from the PSN is just buying another code; and supposedly it's for if you get banned, or if you bought the game used.