FPS recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

josemiguel701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 josemiguel701
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hey guys quick question.

I love my call of duty 4 on my ps3 and everyone who has it (as there are quite a few of us) knows what i mean. now, i want that same experience for online play on my psp. are there any good recommended games for psp that could give me the same (or same - ish) fun as call of duty?

I was looking at medal of honor and socom.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

SOCOM FireTeam Bravo 1 & 2

Medal Of Honor Heroes 1 & 2

All Syphon Filter games (3 of them)

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Killzone: Liberation

And some more I may have forgotten. So thats 9 games:o

tomizzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tomizzo
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts
Medal of Honor Heroes is a great game. I haven't played the second one but the first one was amazing. I definitely recommend that game.
rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
Killzone isn't really an FPS though, but it is great anyway.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

I'm an FPS die-hard fan, love WWII shooters for the vintage weapons and the skill level needed to use an M1 rifle, but "Medal of Honor" on the PSP is NOT a friendly game... drawing a bead on the enemy is a chore no matter what control scheme you use... and although they keep feeding you with unlockables for killing X amount of enemies or using a given weapon to effect, this that or the other, I wouldn't recommend it one bit.

The SOCOM games aren't FPS, nor is "Syphon Filter", and honestly the hacks online make the games no fun pretty much from the moment you get on the servers.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I'd like to see someone benefit from my wasted money.

josemiguel701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 josemiguel701
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm an FPS die-hard fan, love WWII shooters for the vintage weapons and the skill level needed to use an M1 rifle, but "Medal of Honor" on the PSP is NOT a friendly game... drawing a bead on the enemy is a chore no matter what control scheme you use... and although they keep feeding you with unlockables for killing X amount of enemies or using a given weapon to effect, this that or the other, I wouldn't recommend it one bit.

The SOCOM games aren't FPS, nor is "Syphon Filter", and honestly the hacks online make the games no fun pretty much from the moment you get on the servers.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I'd like to see someone benefit from my wasted money.

ston3henge

Thanks for the advice Ston3hendge. perhaps ill stick to call of duty then. i actually own killzone and i wouldve liked it more if it was FPS but ohwell,

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

josemiguel701

Thanks for the advice Ston3hendge. perhaps ill stick to call of duty then. i actually own killzone and i wouldve liked it more if it was FPS but ohwell,

Actually, on SOCOM FTB2, I've never come acrossed many hackers, they're are you usually on the popular servers like "US EAST", If I were you I'd get it but thats just me.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

ston3henge

I have to disagree with you. I love the MOH games, and like you, WWII games in general (I'm a bit of a WWII fanatic), and the controls aren't that hard to use at all. The only time I have trouble is lining up a perfect headshot when I'm sniping, but for just general use the controls are easy to use for me.

Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragamer
Member since 2008 • 548 Posts
Get SOCOM, or MGS portable ops. Those are the best, in my opinion.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Coded Arms is a great FPS, as well as Contagion
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
socom.
Denso-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Denso-GS
Member since 2007 • 585 Posts
Coded Arms is a great FPS, as well as Contagionpiranha_inc

I have them both
CodedArmss is much better
I was addicted to it
Darth_Tic-Tac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Darth_Tic-Tac
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
Personally I liked the Medal of Honor games a lot. A little looking around for which control setting fits me best, and I had a fun handheld FPS experience. Otherwise, as far as shooters go, Killzone and MGS: Portable Ops are by far the greatest I've played so far.
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
What the hell?? I bumped the other thread for a reason! It's still on the first freaking page, so maybe you should learn to read first!
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChiddaPotta

[QUOTE="Ragamer"]Get SOCOM, or MGS portable ops. Those are the best, in my opinion. Proud to be a GIRL gamer.Cajun_Catfish
Bewbs or you aren't a girl! :P

Stop spamming and going off-topic and using inproper language and bumping up old topics.

Hmm..that calls for mods.