For people who get problems with PS3s internet (for wireless connections)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamer26690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamer26690
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
ive decided to write this thread for the people who get problems with PS3s internet my solution is that using the automatic opition on the address settings doesn't always work properly i found this out today when my ps3 had a DNS error because it didn't copy the right 2 DNS addresses properly. i found out the information on my router that i needed and manually entered it. Also the way to fix NAT3 to NAT2 is to change DMZ settings of the router(to change these settings type the ip address of the into a IE, firefox etc) to have the PS3s ip address in it (PS3s ip address can be found it system settings->system information on the XMB). hope this helps some people improve their wireless connections
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
whenever i turn on my ps3 it resets the internet in my house and then it has to reboot up, then i get a dns error when first trying to sign on and then after that it works, and then when im done playing a game and shut off the game the ps3 resets my internet again and i get the dns error again, the cycle repeats over and over. I dont have this problem when i turn on my 360 though.
Avatar image for The_Gunslinger_
The_Gunslinger_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 The_Gunslinger_
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts
I had problems connecting to my wireless router the past few days, I then found out I didn't have the WEP password set and someone else was hijacking my connection, causing the internet to be slooooow. :? But after I set it, the signal strength went up to 90% andI was good to go! :D
raptor302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raptor302
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?
tommodacoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tommodacoolio
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?raptor302

I dont own a ps3 yet but i will be doing very soon hopefuly. My wild guess would be that you have somehow set your idle time to log out after a few mins.

raptor302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raptor302

[QUOTE="raptor302"]i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?tommodacoolio

I dont own a ps3 yet but i will be doing very soon hopefuly. My wild guess would be that you have somehow set your idle time to log out after a few mins.

euuum...no.....because it automaticly logs on again and sometimes i keep on for about 10 mins and sometimes for about 2 mins

tommodacoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tommodacoolio
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
It might log back in because it detects that you have an available internet connection
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
[QUOTE="tommodacoolio"]

[QUOTE="raptor302"]i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?raptor302

euuum...no.....because it automaticly logs on again and sometimes i keep on for about 10 mins and sometimes for about 2 mins

your internet signal is probably just randomly dropping.
raptor302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raptor302
[QUOTE="raptor302"][QUOTE="tommodacoolio"]

[QUOTE="raptor302"]i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?etbny22

your internet signal is probably just randomly dropping.

well i thought that 2 but see i keep online when i'm on my laptop...and the wierd thing is that when i'm playing online it doesnt log out but when i'm in the psn store or on the the internet browser it does log off..

ptmacey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ptmacey
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i have recently changed the settings on my router,the ps3 is now nat2 type,however ,when the ps3 connects to the internet my pc disconnects from the net,if i repair the connection in the control panel on the pc the ps3 disconnects from the network,also even if the pc is switched off,the ps3 randomly logs in and out,these probs only occurred since i changed ps3 to nat2.I seem to be able to join more rooms on rr since i changed to nat2,when it was nat3 i usually had to host the game and wait for others to join the room as i would only get into say 1 out of 10 rooms if i tried to join.is it possible to change ps3 to nat2 without it affecting the online facilities of the pc?
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Good info.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i have a problem with my psn, every time i log on, i automaticly log off after a few mins and then it just logs on again ...and this only happens when i'm playing offline games or just doing nothing, when i play online there is no problem, it isnt a big deal because i can still play online but it's kinda enoying because theres always a stupid message that i logged on, its been like this for couple of weeks now...does any1 have the same problem if so do you know how i can fix it?raptor302
I have the same problem except it doesnt log itself back in. This also sometimes has me loss connection playing resistance. And my signal strenght is usually around 85 - 100% so i dont think thats the problem.
ptmacey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ptmacey
fingers crossed,i think ive managed to sort out ps3 and pc connection probs,i deleted the ports that i forwarded to the ps3 on my router,set the upnp on ,i then set everything to auto on the ps3 fully expecting it to return to nat 3,however its nat2 and does nt seem to be affecting the pc,i also could nt get online with rfom, i dont have the game any longer so can nt check now,but i think it would work now nat 2 type,so to put it briefly all i did was turn on upnp on the router,and put the ps3 connection settings to auto
Spankcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spankcity
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Please help me. I just got into playing online and it is the COOLEST, especially with a bluetooth headset. Anyways, I was playing online just fine,then one day, i try to sign in and it says that it can't sign into my wireless internet ip adress. it says private networks only, what is that. it tells me to so to setting and then network and fix the problem, but i dont know what is the problem. internet works on my computer and psp , but not ps3. please help, i only have a week of summer left and i really want to play madden 08 online pleease.
redX5112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 redX5112
Member since 2005 • 4295 Posts
I used to have problems with PSN but then I turned off media server searching so now it doesn't sign me out after I watch or video or play a demo
ptmacey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ptmacey
QUOTE="ptmacey"]
Please help me. I just got into playing online and it is the COOLEST, especially with a bluetooth headset. Anyways, I was playing online just fine,then one day, i try to sign in and it says that it can't sign into my wireless internet ip adress. it says private networks only, what is that. it tells me to so to setting and then network and fix the problem, but i dont know what is the problem. internet works on my computer and psp , but not ps3. please help, i only have a week of summer left and i really want to play madden 08 online pleease.Spankcity

it sounds like you need to set the wep security key on the ps3 to match the one on the router, so your ps3 has permission to access the router,if your ps3 finds more than one network make sure you are tryin to login to the correct network
ace4ev2461

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ace4ev2461
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
can anybody help me!!! everytime i try to sign in to my psn its say that my password is wrong and also my forgot password answer says it's wrong, what should i do
anls4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anls4e
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
how do you get to the dmz settings?? please help!!!!
Galego13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Galego13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
If you are using manual settings and you are still getting a network wide interruption upon turning on your ps3 it is most likely a media server on one of your pc's and having the media server setting enabled on your ps3. This happened to me, as I ran internet connection tests and kept failing on UPnP and occasionally the psn test. Disabling the media server fixed everything.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

good info.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I had problems connecting to my wireless router the past few days, I then found out I didn't have the WEP password set and someone else was hijacking my connection, causing the internet to be slooooow. :? But after I set it, the signal strength went up to 90% andI was good to go! :DThe_Gunslinger_
Its always good to protect your internet signal. i have the most secure password for my D-Link router.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#23 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
how do you get to the dmz settings?? please help!!!!anls4e
search your router, and copy the 192.etc.etc. into your address bar and your router should be there and there is a list of things on the left side and look for dmz. You are going to need a password or something which if it's not set just push enter then you can change the settings from there.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Dang thanks that did change my Nat type from 3 to 2 :D It's been 2 for a long time but a while ago when the router got reset with a new name or something I had a type 3 connection, and it did mention something about the security so changing the dmz definitely worked. Sweeeet.
cobainfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 cobainfan
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

im having similar problems of low signal strength...i have a 1mpbs broadband internet connection and my ps3 is connected wirelessly whenver i play online..am i doing something wrong here or should i upgrade to a faster speed?

p.s. should i connect my ps3 with a LAN cable to my router ? will that make any difference at all?

thanks