fixing a scratch on console.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -SLUG-
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
Anyone know of anything to get rid of a thick scratch on my ps3? Its not deep at all, it just sticks out quite a bit, kinda bothers me lol
andrewwg94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 andrewwg94
Member since 2006 • 1107 Posts
Anyone know of anything to get rid of a thick scratch on my ps3? Its not deep at all, it just sticks out quite a bit, kinda bothers me lol-SLUG-
i was like that with my psp at first, trust me, relax and forget about it, there are gonna be ALOT of those :)
-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -SLUG-
[QUOTE="-SLUG-"]Anyone know of anything to get rid of a thick scratch on my ps3? Its not deep at all, it just sticks out quite a bit, kinda bothers me lolandrewwg94
i was like that with my psp at first, trust me, relax and forget about it, there are gonna be ALOT of those :)

yeah true, there probly will be, i have a bunch of really light ones already. My psp seems to be more resistant to them though
Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
maybe some solution that you could spray or rub on.... maybe it will fill it.... or maybe the toothpaste method...
Caduceus06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Caduceus06
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
I am a little OCD about smudges. Damn this thing and its shininess.
-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -SLUG-
I am a little OCD about smudges. Damn this thing and its shininess.Caduceus06
haha yeah exactly
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
Use Mother's Plastic Polish or 3M Plastic Polish, it has some polymer that takes the surface off to get the scratch out. I use it on Cd's and stuff works well...
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
I put plastic wrap on mine. It  look bad but it keeps the dust away and has not scratched since.
-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -SLUG-
Use Mother's Plastic Polish or 3M Plastic Polish, it has some polymer that takes the surface off to get the scratch out. I use it on Cd's and stuff works well...negtegra
thanks ill check it out.
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 negtegra
No problem... wow, I just posted that and you already responded... With a quickness! You can pick it up at any PepBoys or any place that has a car care isle.
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

sand paper will take out those damn scratches.

negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 negtegra

carsales

Again with the sand paper remark about getting out scratches? At least try to help... don't be an idiot on purpose.
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 carsales
[QUOTE="carsales"]

negtegra

Again with the sand paper remark about getting out scratches? At least try to help... don't be an idiot on purpose.

take it easy. An idiot would actually follow my sand paper advice. Your an idiot.
-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -SLUG-
[QUOTE="negtegra"][QUOTE="carsales"]

carsales

take it easy. An idiot would actually follow my sand paper advice. Your an idiot.

damn just tried it.....didnt work lol
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
I put plastic wrap on mine. It look bad but it keeps the dust away and has not scratched since.Solid_Link22
LOL my grandpa would do that.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]I put plastic wrap on mine. It look bad but it keeps the dust away and has not scratched since.junk56

Hey it works:D
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 negtegra
[QUOTE="negtegra"]

carsales

Have you ever seen the movie 'Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?' You remind me of the douche at the end of the movie who was too slow and couldn't think of anything to come back with and resaid cockboy. You suck at life.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
[QUOTE="negtegra"][QUOTE="carsales"]

carsales

HAHA you my friend are funnyy oh and he flipped the script on u wif the idiot fing only an idiot would take his advice, take a joke man its not like he scratched ur ps3 or sumfin lol...... "he picked it up in clear daylight and scratched it" (the ringer)
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 negtegra
I fully understand that it was a joke, but there is an abundance of people saying dumb $hit on this message board. And that guy carsales was in another thread for someone with a scratched disc and he said the same stupid "use sandpaper": remark.  I thought it was stupid. 
carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 carsales
I fully understand that it was a joke, but there is an abundance of people saying dumb $hit on this message board. And that guy carsales was in another thread for someone with a scratched disc and he said the same stupid "use sandpaper": remark.  I thought it was stupid. negtegra
your stupid
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
[QUOTE="negtegra"]I fully understand that it was a joke, but there is an abundance of people saying dumb $hit on this message board. And that guy carsales was in another thread for someone with a scratched disc and he said the same stupid "use sandpaper": remark.  I thought it was stupid. carsales
your stupid

It's spelled YOU'RE, not YOUR buddy. =P
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
what about black shoe polish. i would try it on the psp first because you probly would care less about it if it doen't work. i wonder if it does. shoes are shiny. please don't sue me if it does lol. just trying to help because later on im shore i will have a skratch (2 kids). so i will need a solution.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="junk56"][QUOTE="Solid_Link22"]I put plastic wrap on mine. It look bad but it keeps the dust away and has not scratched since.Solid_Link22

Hey it works:D

Yeah, if you can deal with the smell of burning plastic.

There's all kinds of compounds that take scratches out of plastic. Toothpaste is usually a good bet if you don't want to go out and pay for something... because all toothpaste really is is an extremely fine-grit buffing compound. That's how it gets teeth clean... it's also great for getting scratches out of eyeglasses.