First person shooters flooding the market?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll First person shooters flooding the market? (38 votes)

Yes 47%
No 53%

Here are some of the first person shooters that are out there:

Cod:aw

Bf4

Secret ponchos

Destiny

Killzone

Evolve

Cod ghosts

Far cry 4

Shadow warrior

Evolve

Wolfenstein

War frame

Metro redux

Blacklight retribution

Is it just me or are you tired of first person shooters like I am?

• 
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Only in 'murica lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. Secret Ponchos isn't a FPS

2. Out of the hundreds of games released you listed 13 FPS games

So no, there isn't a problem.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

They make up a good chunk of the most popular games, sure. But I wouldn't say they're "flooding the market". There are tons of other non-FPS games out there to play.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

yes to much pew pew to little story

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Secret Ponchos is a tactical shooter btw

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

14 games out of the 200+ games that are on the PS4 is hardly flooding the market. If anything I'd say that retro looking games that are trying to look like they were made on the NES are flooding the market. That's just me though.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I just feel that I'm tired of first person shooters and have a craving for something else. Like God of War, Twisted Metal, Road Rash, Gran Turismo, Tenchu, Streets of Rage, Crash Bandicoot, and other non FPS games. Enough of the stupid FPS games give us more racing, adventure, and story driven games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

I just feel that I'm tired of first person shooters and have a craving for something else.

Stop being fixated on FPS games and concentrate on the hundreds of other games. I don't see a flood of FPS games anywhere.

If FPS games happen to be the most popular, it's not their fault. Take it up with the gamers who play them.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

FPS are not "flooding" anything, they have always been there.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Jaysonguy: actually I disagree, as a fan of third person tactical shooters, last of us mp is my only option. Too many basic bitch fps games is about right.

dunesw64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dunesw64
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@jcrame10: You seem confused. It appears your problem is with a lack of games that fall into a specific genre, not that there are too many first person shooters. That's like whining that there aren't enough dating sims and blaming it on Call of Duty. As others have already pointed out, there were hundreds of games that came out last year and only a handful were FPSes.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@dunesw64:

I'm just saying theres a lot more FPS games than tactical TPS. It's not really a lie to say the dominant genre is FPS. As far as I know, Last of Us is e only one in recent years. Seems like it will be the only one until Metal Gear Online and The Division, too.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

The US and UK love 'em some annual shooters and sports games, aka bro games. You'd think people would get tired of the same ole shit over and over again, but they don't apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#14  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

That is a mere handful of games of a lot of other games. How many sports games, RPGs, third person game are there in comparison? Probably about the same amount if not more. FPS are a big genre but if you don't want them it is perfectly possible to ignore them completely.

I still like FPS but I'm sick of the same old crap from COD and Battlefield. I'd say Destiny was a great experience if it wasn't for the atrocious lack of content the game had. Wolfenstein on the other hand I loved that from start to finish.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

I just feel that I'm tired of first person shooters and have a craving for something else. Like God of War, Twisted Metal, Road Rash, Gran Turismo, Tenchu, Streets of Rage, Crash Bandicoot, and other non FPS games. Enough of the stupid FPS games give us more racing, adventure, and story driven games.

I just feel that you don't understand what a FPS is and I also feel that you don't know what games are actually available

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I haven't had an issue with finding a diverse set of games to play. Currently going between Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, COD: Advanced Warfare, Shadow of Mordor, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D Land, and just beat Alien: Isolation.

And can't wait for Bloodborne to drop later this month.

That seems decently diverse to me.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

I feel like shooter mechanics in general are quite overdone. They appear across genres.

-Straight shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone, Resistance, Gears, etc.

-Story driven games that seem to default to shooter mechanics like Uncharted, Bioshock infinite, Tomb Raider, Alan Wake etc.

-Open world games that default to shooter mechanics like Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Just Cause, Mafia etc.

-Even Resident Evil which was once a somewhat unique experience is now a cinematic action oriented shooter.

That's not to say it's impossible to find a lot of games that are fantastic and break from these mechanics. It's just that there are a lot of these games out there and most of them are in the spotlight.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Yea, the big problem has been that genres like horror, stealth, RPG, tac shooters, ect... which have all had a unique feel and style of play to them, have all but lost their identity in an attempt by publishers/investors to 'action them up', so they appeal to the masses/'CoD crowd', so to speak.

At least as far as the AAA stuff goes, for the most part.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

First person shooters is a genre and I expect there to be a big amount of them.

the real issue I have is all the games with Zombies, I am sick to death of them, honestly I love Zombies I do but seriously stop making the same old games, the only Zombie game which differed from the rest and I honestly do not understand why no one has even attempted to make a better version is State Of Decay. the market is just flooded with zombies and it's getting tedious

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
@blueboxdoctor said:

I haven't had an issue with finding a diverse set of games to play. Currently going between Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, COD: Advanced Warfare, Shadow of Mordor, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Super Mario 3D Land, and just beat Alien: Isolation.

And can't wait for Bloodborne to drop later this month.

That seems decently diverse to me.

^This.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

IDK. I think we need more fps games like half-life, but honestly the biggest issue I have with most FPS games is the setting is never interesting, nor are the weapons.

@Zen_Light said:

The US and UK love 'em some annual shooters and sports games, aka bro games. You'd think people would get tired of the same ole shit over and over again, but they don't apparently.

U mad bro? Cause you seem mad.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There are plenty of non shooter games out there

You have larger scale games like Driveclub, Dragon Age, Little Big Planet 3, The Last of Us, Infamous, and The Need for Speed

You also have smaller titles like Pix The Cat, Oddworld, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, and Octodad, Helldivers, Bastion, and Shovel Knight. None of those games are shooters. . PS4 has tons of games that are not shooters.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Cod and mp games aside we dont get alot of god singleplayer fps.

But your logic is stupid, one could say "too many third person action games" or "too many rpgs"

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 MakoShark222
Member since 2014 • 55 Posts

Is someone getting beat up a lot? I'd quit FPSers too if I suxor at them. I don't! CoD AW baby!