First online review of Killzone 2 9.9 out of 10 GREAT READ

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

SPOILERS DO NOT READ IFDONT WANT TO SPOIL THINGS

I know there is a sticky but I can't help myself I know I will get suspended or worse but this game is definitely worth to spread the news out since no one is replying that much in the sticky... anyways ENJOY

Also for those questioning the crediblity of the site look at there past reviews for ps3 games, xbox 360 games ,wii games and such. They are also listed on metacritic and game rankings so this is a legit site.

First real online review of killzone 2 VERY VERY GOOD READ

http://www.megamers.com/playstation3/review.php?game_category=8&article_id=3557

Final score 9.9 out of 10

highlights

Intro

"Throughout the years, being an extremist that I am, console games like Halo 3 only managed a "hmmmm", while few others like Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 never went beyond the "meh" factor. After the recent buzz and hype behind Sony's upcoming FPS, I decided to sit down and spend some quality time with the game and I cannot deny the truth… Killzone 2 has made me a believer!"

On enemy AI

"Apart from your team mates, the Helghast can prove to be quite a formidable lot using cover effectively when needed while sometimes running crazy at you for a vicious melee attack. Though, you will be fighting in squads for the most part, you will sometimes be left to fend for yourself; that along with being tasked to revive squad mates make for a primordial war scene."

Graphics

" Graphically, Killzone 2 is the BEST looking game on a console so far. With its myriad post-processing effects and textures running on the screen, it's apparent that the game is in a league of its own. Every little detail has been given attention like the sparks flying off when bullet meets metal or the intricately crafted gun models. To further up the ante, sand bags can no longer be used as fortresses and columns crumble realistically when introduced to a grenade."

Online Play

"Though the multiplayer is reminiscent of Team Fortress 2, the game takes it one step further and offers an intense "on-your-toes" action. Packing in a vast array of weapons and ****s, Killzone 2 proves to be the epitome of fiery fragdom offering hours of fun long after you're done with the story mode. What really made us raise our brows is "Warzone", a continuously shifting battlefield with different game-types chained into one EPIC online fragfest! Another welcome addition is the clan system that allows you to better network with you friends and organize tournaments albeit using an in-game system of "cash" to place bets."

Closing comments

"To put it short, this game makes Gears of War 2 look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!"

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Hmmmm, nice...
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts
I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2
ohgod247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 ohgod247
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
Your link doesn't work.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

Your link doesn't work.ohgod247

Maybe its just your browser because I posted this in system wars and it worsk for everyone?

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Strong reviews are good and all, but I want this game in my ps3 so I can make my own decision. It is my most anticipated game this year and one of the top 3 reasons for me to buy a ps3. I can't wait
briksbeograd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 briksbeograd
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

To put it short, this game makes Gears of War 2 look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!

8)

ACrazedHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ACrazedHobbit
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
Your link doesn't work.ohgod247
Just do what I did copy and paste the link.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts
Aaargh, I can't wait no longer!!! :(
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Looking good so far, but to me, an FPS can only go so far on the scale of awesomeness.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
Read the review, and its fully what I'm expecting. I'm starting to not see this as hype anymore, and I fully trust that this particular reviewer was fairly objective and unbiased from the start. Keep in mind that he is a self-proclaimed PC gamer and fanboy and didn't have much respect for console FPS', and therefore had fairly low expectations for the title. That considered, I think this was a very accurate review. Come on February. Bring on the awesome.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
The 1st reviews to emerge are always the ones from unknown websites.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2the_mailman
Disagreed.
shabazz5th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shabazz5th
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts
[QUOTE="the_mailman"]I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2parvie
Disagreed.

to each their own, but I agree with the_mailman. How R2 got a 9 is BEYOND me. Horrible game and definately overhyped, especially on these boards.
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts

[QUOTE="the_mailman"]I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2parvie
Disagreed.

You hope it's NOT better then Resistance 2? Man...

:P

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="the_mailman"]I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2yellerbelly

Disagreed.

You hope it's NOT better then Resistance 2? Man...

:P

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! You got me you sly devil you!!!!
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 parvie
[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="the_mailman"]I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2shabazz5th
Disagreed.

to each their own, but I agree with the_mailman. How R2 got a 9 is BEYOND me. Horrible game and definately overhyped, especially on these boards.

It got above a 9 because it had a single player campaign, 8 player co-op, and a lag free 60 player online mode. I know the saying goes "it's quality, not quantity", but this game had both.
iLiveBy2words

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iLiveBy2words
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts
It's only a matter of time until lemmings say "Only 9.9? FLOP!"
Fire-of-Njozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fire-of-Njozi
Member since 2009 • 468 Posts
The 1st reviews to emerge are always the ones from unknown websites.rogerjak
very true. I'll continue waiting for more respectable review sites to publish their opinions.
HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts
The 1st reviews to emerge are always the ones from unknown websites.rogerjak
Or from unknown magazines. Remember when the portuguese PSM3 gave NFS: Undercover an 89%? For shame. I never trusted first reviews again...
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"]The 1st reviews to emerge are always the ones from unknown websites.HardcoreBunni
Or from unknown magazines. Remember when the portuguese PSM3 gave NFS: Undercover an 89%? For shame. I never trusted first reviews again...

Except that these guys are on metacritic, and they gave halo 3 a 98 and Gears 2 a 97, which makes the last line super hilarious.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="the_mailman"]I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2shabazz5th
Disagreed.

I don't think R2 is overhyped at all. I find more people hate it than like it on this board lol. That being said, I enjoyed the game. I liked CoD 4 a bit better, but R2 still is a good game in it's own right.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="shabazz5th"][QUOTE="parvie"] Disagreed.catfishmoon23

I don't think R2 is overhyped at all. I find more people hate it than like it on this board lol. That being said, I enjoyed the game. I liked CoD 4 a bit better, but R2 still is a good game in it's own right.

i loved r2. i was at my peak r2 excitement when my system broke. when i got ps3 back i started W@W and now I can see why people dont like r2. i still do enjoy the multiplayer of r2 from time to time.
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
I have complete faith in Killzone 2's awesomeness which will soon be unleashed upon the world.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
I just hope its better than the overhyped sh*tfest that was Resistance 2the_mailman
Resistance 2 is good...
mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts
ive never heard of this site, but it seems their review scores are about right. Looks like they do like to give out 9's but their farcry 2 and cod waw is pretty much spot on to what id give them. Lets hope they've got this one right.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NukeGoBoom
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
I expected a "Its not a 10 becouse the game doesnt give blowjobs and makes iceream" Sorta thing :P
smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
full of weapons and what??
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"]The 1st reviews to emerge are always the ones from unknown websites.HardcoreBunni

They loved the game around here...official mag gave it a 9 and considered the the 3rd or 2nd best racing game of 2008...I mean WTF?
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Awsome! great news. And people said this game would flop...
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
thanks
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Disagreed.

disagreed
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
As much as this game has been hyped it should of gotten a 11 out of 10. Disappointed.