First Fallout: New Vegas Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

4/5 from Giantbomb.

Not to much surprising..

The game is even buggier than FO3 apparently, but given Obsidians track record I am not surprised.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

I'm ok with that.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Sounds like everything I was hoping and expecting.

They said the writing and story was superb and Im sure it is, but seriously obsidian needs better support.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

im just gonna wait for the goty edition to come out, hopefully they will patch alot of the bugs and everything else by then.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Buggy again and timed exclusive (already partially completed) DLC? Really Bethesda? A second time..?

I mean, my copy's already bought and all. But holy crap man.

Hopefully I won't see the same fate as fall of 2008..

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Buggy or not, Its got the one thing I thought Fallout 3 was sorely missing.. COLOR!! Still looking forward to it, and seeing as most of my game got pushed into 2011 I doubt i'll be passing it up.. I'm sure they already have a patch in the works..
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

So I guess we'll partake in "list New Vegas problems" threads similar to what Fallout 3 was when it launched.

Different people had different bugs. I guess I was lucky that time as Jefferson Memorial wasn't a game killzone for me..

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

According to joystiq:

"If I were looking atFallout: New Vegasas a product, I'd say it'sshockingthat it's being released to the public in this state"

They gave it a 3.5/5 because as an experience, it's wonderful. He actually called it paradoxical because it is so ridiculously buggy but it was so much fun.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't plan on buying this just on principle. I loved Fallout 1/2 (even tactics...). I bought Fallout 3 and returned it immediately, and it doesn't look like I'm going to be buying New Vegas. These people need to step their game up.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW

According to joystiq:

"If I were looking atFallout: New Vegasas a product, I'd say it'sshockingthat it's being released to the public in this state"

They gave it a 3.5/5 because as an experience, it's wonderful. He actually called it paradoxical because it is so ridiculously buggy but it was so much fun.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't plan on buying this just on principle. I loved Fallout 1/2 (even tactics...). I bought Fallout 3 and returned it immediately, and it doesn't look like I'm going to be buying New Vegas. These people need to step their game up.

hxczuner
Yeah Jeff said it froze over 12 times in 33 hours... That would anger me for sure.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

According to joystiq:

MethodManFTW

Yeah Jeff said it froze over 12 times in 33 hours... That would anger me for sure.

See, that's just unacceptable. I think Obsidian just think's it's ok. Look at KotoR 2 and Alpha Protocol. They've only made, like, 4 games as far as I know; 3 of them have shipped buggy as ****.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

hopefully its better on the other console then :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW

jerkface96
jeff was playing on a new 360
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

MethodManFTW

thats what i figured after i posted that haha, reviewers always review their game on the 360 lol
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Lolwut?? More bug then Fallout 3 is that even possible. They better patch it up ASAP.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

MethodManFTW

So are we supposed to assume that it'll be even worse on the PS3 version if the original Fallout 3's track record is anything to go by?
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#16 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Fallout 3 is my favorite game this gen so I'll be getting this one today but I don't think I care much for the setting.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Wow, I swear if this game is that glitchy I will be pissed. I was fine with Fallout 3, but New Vegas is using the same engine, how could they possibly have alot of glitches like F3?

I understand it's a big game, but common man, cut me some slack. I will still be purchasing it and I wont mind the bugs, but im still mad that yet again, Bethesda let's another buggy game loose (I know it's obsidian, im taking my anger out on Bethesda).

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

I'll post this

"Everything we loved about Fallout 3, and much more. New Vegas improves on the original in almost every way" 5 stars

"Fallout: New Vegas somehow manages to have even more technical problems than Fallout 3 did, but its great characters and setting still shine through."

"Have you played Fallout 3? If so, then you've played Fallout: New Vegas"

Planet Xbox360 - 8.8/10

Eurogamer - 90/100

Xbox Magazine UK - 90/100

G4TV - 4/5

Filefront: 91/100

Joystiq - 3.5/5

Computerandvideogames.com - 8.1/10

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Shame on you obsidian, bringing such a technical mess on the market.
FOR SHAME !

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Shame on you obsidian, bringing such a technical mess on the market.
FOR SHAME !

Sagem28

Blame the company that cut's corners and gives Obsidian 2 years to produce a game.

The cheap and always undependable Bethesda.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Buggier than Fallout 3 = I'll definitely be waiting for it to hit the bargain bin. And that Giant Bomb review is of the 360 version; I don't even want to think what the PS3 version is probably like. :roll:

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#22 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

This time I think I'll wait for the GOTY edition. Besides, I still have yet to finish Fallout 3, I'm at the end of the game but I still have a couple optional missions to do and stuffs. Oh and I haven't even touched the DLC yet

el_taco_loco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 el_taco_loco
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

I've yet to purchase the game, but even despite its buggy-ness (questionable) this game if far better than the rubbish out there.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

im just gonna wait for the goty edition to come out, hopefully they will patch alot of the bugs and everything else by then.

zombiejonny

Wasn't the GOTY worse than the regular edition for Fallout 3?

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="zombiejonny"]

Gxgear

Wasn't the GOTY worse than the regular edition for Fallout 3?

This is what worries me as well. I plan on waiting for the GotY edition, but if the original version of New Vegas is worst than the GotY FO3, what kind of mess would GotY New Vegas be like? Bethesda should just focus on TES V with ZeniMax, and forget the Fallout series for awhile.

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Wow, I swear if this game is that glitchy I will be pissed. I was fine with Fallout 3, but New Vegas is using the same engine, how could they possibly have alot of glitches like F3?

I understand it's a big game, but common man, cut me some slack. I will still be purchasing it and I wont mind the bugs, but im still mad that yet again, Bethesda let's another buggy game loose (I know it's obsidian, im taking my anger out on Bethesda).

Melpoe

You know, I feel exactly the same, I love the Fallout Series, and even though I am reading all the reviews, checking out all the complaints, and I cannot help but wonder why they would release something that would actually be so buggy.... and then it hits me, they release buggy games like this cos guys like you and me, knowing full well how the game will anger and frustrate due to the lack of polish and consideration and yet, dude - guys like you and me WILL buy it anyway! The perfect consumer.

Ha, so we know its gonna upset us, we know it is broken, heck we already crying for patches to be released, right?

So ANGRY!!!!!!!

but, I'll be getting it first thing friday..... that'ill teach em

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#27 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Not bad