Finally got a Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

So i managed to forget to buy a memory card. But i will go back and buy one tomorrow. 

Anyways, i need some game recomendations, perhaps also some cross-platform games. I already have the last 3 month's of ps+ and i have PS: All-Stars

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Excellent, welcome to the family.

First off, if you have the money, don't get a memory card less than 16 gigs. The downloads pile up quick, heck, Uncharted is 3+ gigs alone. I started with an 8 gig, then a 16 gig and I now have a 32 gig with only 4 gigs of space left. I'll probably get the new 64 gig card but only under some kind of "deal" circumstances. As for games, why don't you tell us what you're into and then we'll see if we can list off a few

Enjoy!

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Persona 4, dragons crown, street fighter x tekken, soul sacrifice and Killzone.
Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#4 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

Killzone is a definate. Need for Speed is great. The Walking Dead if you haven't played it before. Lego Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 was a load of fun. Then there are the PS Classics and PSP games on the store for you to have a look at. Personally I've been playing through Final Fantasy NES games, and am going to have to give Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex and Tekken 2 a purchase at some point. Then there are the endless indie games. Plus more coming soon, Batman Blackgate (or whatever it is called), Tearaway, and there are even some PS2 re-makes out or coming out.

And if none of that grabs you then there isn't much any of us can do to help you.

MetalHead888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MetalHead888
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

if you have the last 3 months of plus, you'll be set for a bit.

wipeout,gravity rush, uncharted were pretty good and they'll keep ya busy for a while. and then ya got rayman coming out at the end of september for free

zero escape was......amazing. a very different game but the story was incredible. and it has that grab-and-go factor that a good handheld game needs.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well, ignoring the good games with Plus, you may want to check out LittleBigPlanet Vita, Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and Need for Speed.  Maybe Persona 4 if you're into JRPGs, as it seems to be the one to get, but I couldn't get into it that much.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

Excellent, welcome to the family.

First off, if you have the money, don't get a memory card less than 16 gigs. The downloads pile up quick, heck, Uncharted is 3+ gigs alone. I started with an 8 gig, then a 16 gig and I now have a 32 gig with only 4 gigs of space left. I'll probably get the new 64 gig card but only under some kind of "deal" circumstances. As for games, why don't you tell us what you're into and then we'll see if we can list off a few

Enjoy!

porkchopxp
yeah i am planning on getting 32 gb one, i have read the recomendation thread and looking for some input
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I personally would recommend holding off on buying any games. Play through your ps+ backlog and then start purchasing some games, then they may be cheaper.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I kind of agree with holding off on buying any games, if you have Playstation Plus download and play all of that, and if there are any games that stick out then buy them.

I'd suggest Persona 4 for sure though, that's a must play, also Soul Sacrafice and  Killzone Mercenary. 

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

I just got Dragons Crown yesterday and I can't put it down. The game is a masterpiece. I love the artistic visuals and music. The combat and RPG elements are great and make the game addicting as hell. I also got the new Killzone and if you like online shooters then you won't be dissapointed. It's visually stunning and it plays great. Be aware that some people(not everybody) are having problems connecting to the servers so you might want to wait until they fix it. I personally haven't encountered any problems, lucky me. 

These are my first two Vita games and I'm having a blast. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

I personally would recommend holding off on buying any games. Play through your ps+ backlog and then start purchasing some games, then they may be cheaper.

Terrencec06
only game so far i have been considering for the Vita alone has been Persona 4. Guacamelee and Sly 4 are other games with the cross buy that i would like for the vita
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

So i managed to forget to buy a memory card. But i will go back and buy one tomorrow. 

Anyways, i need some game recomendations, perhaps also some cross-platform games. I already have the last 3 month's of ps+ and i have PS: All-Stars

The_Last_Ride
Last Ride, you lucky son of a sandwich hahaha xD. I don't own a Vita myself, but from what I've heard a few games that are pretty good are Uncharted, Persona 4 Golden, Dragon's Crown (cross platform), and Gravity Rush :).
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

RatedSTARZ
Last Ride, you lucky son of a sandwich hahaha xD. I don't own a Vita myself, but from what I've heard a few games that are pretty good are Uncharted, Persona 4 Golden, Dragon's Crown (cross platform), and Gravity Rush :).

Got Gravity Rush and Golden Abyss from ps+. I am looking to buy not more than 5 games on my Vita at the moment
JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

Congrats, and enjoy your VITA and games, I am.;)

Steel_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Steel_God
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
A good suggestion would be to start checking out the demos after you get a memory card. Lotsa games have demos that have been listed here(Soul Sacrafice being a notable example)
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Guacamelee and Sound Shapes are some really good crossbuy games. (PSN)
Handin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Handin
Member since 2004 • 423 Posts
How has no one mentioned The Walking Dead? It's easily one of the best games for the vita and its only $20 w/ the add-on content.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride
Guacamelee and Sound Shapes are some really good crossbuy games. (PSN)Eikichi-Onizuka
i have to check those out. I am really interested in cross buy games
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]Guacamelee and Sound Shapes are some really good crossbuy games. (PSN)The_Last_Ride
i have to check those out. I am really interested in cross buy games

Sound Shapes is meh until you get to Death Mode, that is where it shines.