Finally getting a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts

Well, after I get my PS3, I'll be an owner of all 3 next-gen systems, and can officially call myself non-biased.

I'm finally cracking down and buying one because of MGS4, because I am a huge fan of the MGS series.

My impression of the PS3 fan community, is that you guys are actually a lot more intelligent than the 360 community, I like that. So this is my first post into the world of the PS3 forums.

Anyways, anybody got any recomendations for games to get with my PS3? I know I'm going to get MGS4 (I've been avoiding reviews and forums about the game as not to spoil it, and I will keep doing that until I beat it, yea, I'm obsessed)

I'm a big fan of RPGs and games with good plots,

Can't say I'm a huge fan of FPS's though.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mariofreak1216

Also, can anybody who owns a 360 and a PS3 tell me anything about the online?

Is it easy to organise your friends like it is with 360?

Can you private chat across games?

Do all games even support voice chat?

furrball6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 furrball6
Member since 2006 • 302 Posts
As for the RPGs, there are not very many at all compared to the 360 so you may want to stick to using your 360 for those types of games.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts

White knight story is a rpg to keep an eye on, I think it's coming out this year, You might Also like Folklore on the ps3 so check that out

Mgs4 is damn amazing!! you will be blown away by how good it is

You will like uncharted and heavenly sword if you like story driven games

There is a update coming out soon with XMB and custom sound tracks so online is only getting better

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mariofreak1216

Thanks for the feedback!

I've never heard of White Knight story, but just looked up some screenshots and it looks interesting, I will keep an eye on it.

I was thinking about getting Uncharted, I will probablly rent it first to see how I like it.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There aren't really aren't any RPG's out, which is sad, but Folklore has a pretty good story. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like over the top cinematic scenes or great voice acting but the story is unique and if you like fantasy games, you must play it. Ratchet and Clank is an adventure game with a rather silly plot but has quite a bit of charm to it. In August there will be a strategy RPG coming out Called Disgaea 3. If you are getting one now, that isn't much of a wait and in November there will be a game called valkyria chronicles, which is a Japanese strategy rpg similar to Fire Emblem. The only thing is, it doesn't involve war time scenario with guns and shooting, the art style is cool and if you are an RPG fan you should check it out. Heavenly Sword is an action game with supposedly great story, but the only thing wrong with is that it is short. I haven't played it myself though. You probably will still get use out of your 360 more since they have a good amount of RPG's coming. That isn't to say the PS3 is a waste because it isn't, In your case, you might be in for a wait. Have fun though.

I will just name all the cool games exclusive for the system so far

Resistance

Ridge Racer 7

Motorstorm

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Warhawk

Heavenly Sword

Folklore

Ratchet and Clank

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Unreal Tournament 3 with mods

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds/5

Gran Turismo Prologue

MGS 4

upcoming cool games

Disgaea 3 RPG!!!!!!!

Socom

Wipeout

Motorstorm 2

Little Big Planet

Valkyria Chronicles RPG!!!!!!!

Resistance 2

games of 09

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Infamous

Twisted Metal

Final Fantasy 13

Tekken 6

Heavy Rain?

White Knight Story RPG!!!!!!

War Devil Enigma

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

Well, after I get my PS3, I'll be an owner of all 3 next-gen systems, and can officially call myself non-biased.

I'm finally cracking down and buying one because of MGS4, because I am a huge fan of the MGS series.

My impression of the PS3 fan community, is that you guys are actually a lot more intelligent than the 360 community, I like that. So this is my first post into the world of the PS3 forums.

Anyways, anybody got any recomendations for games to get with my PS3? I know I'm going to get MGS4 (I've been avoiding reviews and forums about the game as not to spoil it, and I will keep doing that until I beat it, yea, I'm obsessed)

Mariofreak1216

i am exactly like you, i have a 360 and a wii, but im not 100% sure if im getting a PS3 yet. If i could find the MGS4 bundle, i would buy it in a second, and i will probably buy one even if i can't find the bundle, but it would only be the 40GB.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mariofreak1216

Wow that was helpful!

Thank you for all of that, I will probablly check out folklore, I wasn't aware that there was a Disgaea 3 on the way, I played Disgaea 2 and really liked it. So that is one I will definetally pick up. I'm also glad you gave me that list of exclusives, because I will most likely still be buying my multiplatform titles for 360, just because I have a lot of friends on there to play online with and for achievements, so thank you very much.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

iloverikku11

i am exactly like you, i have a 360 and a wii, but im not 100% sure if im getting a PS3 yet. If i could find the MGS4 bundle, i would buy it in a second, and i will probably buy one even if i can't find the bundle, but it would only be the 40GB.

The backward compatible thing isn't as big of a deal to me, because I am planning on keeping my PS2.

I did want to get the MGS4 bundle, but I didn't have enough money at the time.

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nephasth
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
Good Lord. I love this web site. It has such mature and helpful users. IGN is the complete opposite. Everyone just hates each other if they don't play the same system as them. I'm going to avoid IGN like the plague.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Good Lord. I love this web site. It has such mature and helpful users. IGN is the complete opposite. Everyone just hates each other if they don't play the same system as them. I'm going to avoid IGN like the plague.Nephasth

Awww...GROUP HUG!!!!! (stay away from system wars though)

1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts

Also, can anybody who owns a 360 and a PS3 tell me anything about the online?

Is it easy to organise your friends like it is with 360?

Can you private chat across games?

Do all games even support voice chat?

Mariofreak1216
Right now it's really not nearly as easy/organized as Xbox Live in almost all aspects other than it being free, but it seems to be getting there. I felt I needed to respond to your PS3 community comment VS 360 community. It seems there are a TON of 360 haters over here, and almost every topic has some sort of 360 bashing which I rarely see with the PS3 in the 360 forum. Other than those people, I will agree the rest of the community is very helpful. Have fun with your 3 systems, MGS4 is defintley worth a PS3. =)
xnight_ninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 xnight_ninjax
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
too much identity theft on psn network. xboxlive is much better. but sony is getting there :D
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
You will probably like Valkyria Chronicles which is a JRPG strategy type game. I think its already out in Japan and hits the US in October. Uncharted would be a definite buy for you. Its not RPG but excellent adventure. If you like Platformer games, then Ratchet and Clank is a must. It plays like your in a Pixar movie. Little Big Planet will be out in October. As you mentioned in another post Disgaea 3 is out in August. Folklore is a pretty good RPG. Heavenly Sword would be a fun game for a rental or if you can find it cheap on ebay or something. Its too short to pay full price, but fun nontheless. Most of these have demos on the PSN like Ratchet, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Floklore, so you can get a taste of them first. The PS3 is still building up its RPG library. White Knight Story is actually slated for next year, I think...as is Final Fantasy XIII and I think a Final Fantasy Versus.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

You might be a little disappointed with online for the PS3. You'll experience what I'm talking about when you're playing online over the PSN. Good luck dude. But hey, atleast it's free. Enjoy.