Final Fantasy XIII-2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RecklessAngels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RecklessAngels
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts

Anyone else excited for it like me? Just happy that they said they fixed the linearity of it!

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
Definitely! I'm happy that it's going to be less linear than its predecessor, and can't wait to experience it for myself.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I'm still iffy. I know SE said there would be no linear stuff and there would be towns but they should have made FFXIII like that in the first place. Also I want to know why they put Versus on hold once again to make this game from scratch or whatever code couldn't be carried over from XIII.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I did not hate FF13. Will buy/play this game I actually liked them taking towns and NPC's out...I find that s*** to be very boring in most games (though I hear all that is coming back for this game :( )
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]I did not hate FF13. Will buy/play this game I actually liked them taking towns and NPC's out...I find that s*** to be very boring in most games (though I hear all that is coming back for this game :( )

Right? I grew up with linear RPGs (or even other genres), I don't know why everything has to be open world nowadays. No one complained about the old FFs (1-10) or Eternal Sonata for being too linear, if I remember correctly (There were people and shops, ok. But was there much to do?). I really hope they didn't overdo it with the openess and destroyed the games good parts by allowing XIII-haters to have their free will.

Ordered my CE yesterday.
strangestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strangestguy
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]I did not hate FF13. Will buy/play this game I actually liked them taking towns and NPC's out...I find that s*** to be very boring in most games (though I hear all that is coming back for this game :( )Reptylus
Right? I grew up with linear RPGs (or even other genres), I don't know why everything has to be open world nowadays. No one complained about the old FFs (1-10) or Eternal Sonata for being too linear, if I remember correctly (There were people and shops, ok. But was there much to do?). I really hope they didn't overdo it with the openess and destroyed the games good parts by allowing XIII-haters to have their free will.

Ordered my CE yesterday.

It's not about being openworld or not ... it's about EXPLORATION. They create this huge and lush world and i want to go see what i can find in it, what kind of problems it's inhabitants have to deal with on a daily basis, I want a SHOPPING experience ... see which vendor will come up with the and at what price.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

It's not about being openworld or not ... it's about EXPLORATION. They create this huge and lush world and i want to go see what i can find in it, what kind of problems it's inhabitants have to deal with on a daily basis, I want a SHOPPING experience ... see which vendor will come up with the and at what price.

strangestguy

But some people HATE that bulls***. (like me)
I look for story and combat in RPG's. Having to talk to boring NPC's or go through towns in just padding IMO.

This was a dumb decision by them IMO
-they already made the people that liked that stuff mad (they are less likely to buy the sequel now).
-now they are going to make the people that were happy that stuff was removed mad (now they are less likely to buy the sequel).

I agree that the original could have used more open world exploration (not towns and boring conversations) and more character customization

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Not me. I hated Final Fantasy XIII so I won't be picking this up. (believe it or not, I'm part of the minority whose primary complaint wasn't linearity)

I'm just glad it's coming out soon so Square can hopefully focus on Final Fantasy Versus XIII already!!

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

I really didn't like FF 13 and i'll be reading lots of reviews before i even consider 13-2. I thought the battle system was terrible (after a couple hours every battle is a ridiculous affair to raise the stagger gauge) the characters were incredibly shallow and the story was non-existent in cutscenes. It did look beautiful and the music was decent.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Just because the game is open world does not mean you always have to explore. If you don't like that kind of stuff than just do the main questing. You don't have to talk to every person in town either. Even though X was linear I don't think it got a bad rep like XIII because it had towns, areas like the calm lands to explore, and things like shops to buy weapons, armor, and potions from instead of getting everything from your save point.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
I loved FF13, and I'm looking forward to more. Haters gonna hate is all i can really muster in response to any criticisms. Different folks have different strokes, of course most of the children on the internet can't comprehend something like people liking or not liking a game they don't like/do like. So it's gotten to the point that discussion about the game just gives me a headache now.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I actually don't mind linear storylines and levels as long as they make it fun like FFXIII but...since this game seems to have been improved in every single way i am getting even more hyped for this then i was for FFXIII

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i'm very excited to play as Serah cause i love her VA, Laura Bailey

VaanXPenelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 VaanXPenelo
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

What I don't understand is why there has been no news on GS yet about the 40/40 it got from Famitsu. Now, you could say that FF XII also got the same score and personally, I can respect whatthat game achieved (content, gameplay mechanics etc) rather than loved it so I am taking the "perfect" score with a pinch of salt. But it does show that no matter what, it will probably be worth playing because itseems tohaveimproved immeasurably since FF XIII.

Admittedly, I quite enjoyed FF XIII but found it could be improved a lot. Now that is has happened, I am more tempted to buy it because before, with all the news that has been dripped through the media recently, I haven't been too enamoured with it. At least now they may finish Versus and bring Type-0 to Europe and America.

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

I thought XIII was a great game but the towns were a big part of previous games, being able to interact with other people, which gave you extra story to hear and stuff like that. taking them out was in my opinion a big mistake. the linearity of XIII was quite bad as well so hope it's atleast slightly fixed

Tera_Bite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tera_Bite
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

What I don't understand is why there has been no news on GS yet about the 40/40 it got from Famitsu. Now, you could say that FF XII also got the same score and personally, I can respect whatthat game achieved (content, gameplay mechanics etc) rather than loved it so I am taking the "perfect" score with a pinch of salt. But it does show that no matter what, it will probably be worth playing because itseems tohaveimproved immeasurably since FF XIII.

Admittedly, I quite enjoyed FF XIII but found it could be improved a lot. Now that is has happened, I am more tempted to buy it because before, with all the news that has been dripped through the media recently, I haven't been too enamoured with it. At least now they may finish Versus and bring Type-0 to Europe and America.

VaanXPenelo

I agree, GS rarely has any good news to look at. I used to come to GS all the time over the last few years, but there I've found out that I need to scour 5-10 sites to get all the news that is available. Look up this video,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z8w2MzZq_Y, its called Final Fantasy XIII-2 A guided tour [HD]. You'll get all the info on the new game, seriously, 4 minutes and ALL the info about it.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Not really. I'll eventually get it but not looking forward to it. That doesn't make sense :| oh well.