Final Fantasy XIII Versus and just normal Final Fantasy XIII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Uber_Diablo
The_Uber_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Uber_Diablo
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

does anybody know what the difference between the two are??

KiDWoNDeRZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KiDWoNDeRZzZ
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

They are completely two different games.

ShadowTech_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowTech_FTW
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

very different... go look em up

seany_lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 seany_lad
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

They are completely two different games.

KiDWoNDeRZzZ
^ Case closed
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Versus is a lot more of an Action-RPG than Final Fantasy XIII. If I'm right, don't hold this over me, but I think it uses the same gameplay as Crisis Core on the PSP while XIII uses the turn-based style.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
FF 13 will be the next segment in the Final Fantasy franchise (try saying that five times fast) It will have the same turn based gameplay like its predecessors but it will be in real time FF versus 13 will be an action RPG made by the ppl who gave you the wonderful game Kingdom Hearts
Avatar image for The_Uber_Diablo
The_Uber_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Uber_Diablo
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
FF 13 will be the next segment in the Final Fantasy franchise (try saying that five times fast) It will have the same turn based gameplay like its predecessors but it will be in real time FF versus 13 will be an action RPG made by the ppl who gave you the wonderful game Kingdom Heartsmrmusicman247
o alright thx peoples
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]FF 13 will be the next segment in the Final Fantasy franchise (try saying that five times fast) It will have the same turn based gameplay like its predecessors but it will be in real time FF versus 13 will be an action RPG made by the ppl who gave you the wonderful game Kingdom Hearts

You forgot to mention that ffvs13>ff13 =p
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

Versus is a lot more of an Action-RPG than Final Fantasy XIII. If I'm right, don't hold this over me, but I think it uses the same gameplay as Crisis Core on the PSP while XIII uses the turn-based style.

Phoenix534
thats not a bad guess actually i have a feeling thats wat it will be
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
different game, but it's set at the same time. But it's also in another reigon or something. This is what i remember reading
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

Also, FF Versus XIII is being made by much of the same team that made FF VII. :D

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

Also, FF Versus XIII is being made by much of the same team that made FF VII. :D

The_Pig_Hostage

^ This plus the kh-like combat if it has it will make it one of the greatest games ever

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

One feature androgynous male and female characters, and the other features an adrogynous boy band.

I'm just kidding, but those Versus dudes could totally be in a boy band if they wanted.

KAL_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KAL_MAN
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

Okay so, to clear up some of the points here.

1) Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are two seperate games that do not take place within the same world. According to what Squeenix has revealed the games are part of the same compilation because they all center around a common mythos. Versus XIII does not take place in FFXIII's Pulse or Cocoon world just as much as FFXIII doesn't take place in whatever world Versus is in. However, both game's universes and stories center around something about crystals and how they shape life and the world around them. Hence, Fabula Nova Crystalis--Latin defined as The New tale of the crystal.

2) The way in which the two games play is different. FFXIII is a continuation or evolution of the classic FF gameplay that we are used to. (Namely the ATB system has been revamped to allow the player to perform multiple actions in one character turn.) On the opposite side VSXIII, while still kept pretty well under wraps at the moment, has been revealed to be an Action RPG very much like Kingdom hearts. In fact that brings me to my third point...

3) The Development teams behind the two games are quite a mixed bag of extremely talented workers from some of the most highly regarded FF titles of the past. For instance the Director of FFXIII was the Directer for FFs VII, VIII, X, and X-2. The Majority of that team worked on those previous titles. On the VSXIII side (pun intended), The Director is Tetsuya Nomura whom you may recall as SE's very talented character designer. The team that is making it worked on Kingdom hearts and FFVII:AC. Nomura himself said that the gameplay is going to be an evolution of the kingdom hearts style.

and a side note, both game's gameplay styles are aimed at trying to imitate to the actions sequences seen in the Advent Children movie. Even though the two are different types of RPGs.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="KAL_MAN"]

1) Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are two seperate games that do not take place within the same world. According to what Squeenix has revealed the games are part of the same compilation because they all center around a common mythos. Versus XIII does not take place in FFXIII's Pulse or Cocoon world just as much as FFXIII doesn't take place in whatever world Versus is in. However, both game's universes and stories center around something about crystals and how they shape life and the world around them. Hence, Fabula Nova Crystalis--Latin defined as The New tale of the crystal.

2) The way in which the two games play is different. FFXIII is a continuation or evolution of the classic FF gameplay that we are used to. (Namely the ATB system has been revamped to allow the player to perform multiple actions in one character turn.) On the opposite side VSXIII, while still kept pretty well under wraps at the moment, has been revealed to be an Action RPG very much like Kingdom hearts. In fact that brings me to my third point...

3) The Development teams behind the two games are quite a mixed bag of extremely talented workers from some of the most highly regarded FF titles of the past. For instance the Director of FFXIII was the Directer for FFs VII, VIII, X, and X-2. The Majority of that team worked on those previous titles. On the VSXIII side (pun intended), The Director is Tetsuya Nomura whom you may recall as SE's very talented character designer. The team that is making it worked on Kingdom hearts and FFVII:AC. Nomura himself said that the gameplay is going to be an evolution of the kingdom hearts style.

and a side note, both game's gameplay styles are aimed at trying to imitate to the actions sequences seen in the Advent Children movie. Even though the two are different types of RPGs.

Yeah what he said.....:) FFXIII is mainly the Heart of The New Final Fantasies (but not XIV..) there are... basically a new project. Instead of a Big Final Fantasy VII Story its just a new Final Fantasy they wanted to hook everyone up with in one year with goodies Fabula Nova Crystallis FFXIII,FFVersusXIII,FFXIII Agito. Final Fantasy XIII Agito is: The game is not a sidestory to Final Fantasy XIII; it is part of one story which will have shared themes and myths around which all the Final Fantasy XIII games will be centered.[2] Agito is Latin for "to put in motion"[3] (more accurately, "I put in motion"). While a release outside of Japan has not been announced, Hajime Tabata is trying to appeal to the North American players in his direction of the game
KAL_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KAL_MAN
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

[QUOTE="KAL_MAN"]

Young_Charter

Yeah what he said.....:) FFXIII is mainly the Heart of The New Final Fantasies (but not XIV..) there are... basically a new project. Instead of a Big Final Fantasy VII Story its just a new Final Fantasy they wanted to hook everyone up with in one year with goodies Fabula Nova Crystallis FFXIII,FFVersusXIII,FFXIII Agito. Final Fantasy XIII Agito is: The game is not a sidestory to Final Fantasy XIII; it is part of one story which will have shared themes and myths around which all the Final Fantasy XIII games will be centered.[2] Agito is Latin for "to put in motion"[3] (more accurately, "I put in motion"). While a release outside of Japan has not been announced, Hajime Tabata is trying to appeal to the North American players in his direction of the game

Great point. another thing that I think needs to be clarified is that Agito and Versus are not what you would call "add-ons" or "spinoffs." While FFXIII is the Anchor of the three I like to think that the other two are the Cannon and the Bow, respectively. haha!

Another difference between the two titles is that FFXIII is supposed to represent the theme of Light and life while adversely, VSXIII represents the theme of Darkness and Death. This is evidenced by the the glaringly different art style of the two. FFXIII is full of vibrant bright colors while Versus is full of midnight-blues and Black. You can also tell this by the name of the main character of Versus: Noctis. It is a Latin word that means "of the night". (and by the way, Versus in latin means "a change in direction".) and I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that Lightings real name is going to be something that means Day, Sun, or life. who knows? but it wouldn't be surprising.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="KAL_MAN"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="KAL_MAN"]

Great point. another thing that I think needs to be clarified is that Agito and Versus are not what you would call "add-ons" or "spinoffs." While FFXIII is the Anchor of the three I like to think that the other two are the Cannon and the Bow, respectively. haha!

Another difference between the two titles is that FFXIII is supposed to represent the theme of Light and life while adversely, VSXIII represents the theme of Darkness and Death. This is evidenced by the the glaringly different art style of the two. FFXIII is full of vibrant bright colors while Versus is full of midnight-blues and Black. You can also tell this by the name of the main character of Versus: Noctis. It is a Latin word that means "of the night". (and by the way, Versus in latin means "a change in direction".) and I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say that Lightings real name is going to be something that means Day, Sun, or life. who knows? but it wouldn't be surprising.

Good word as well. All three of these games basically revolve in one whole certain thing but they are three different whole stories.
ASLplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ASLplease
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

One is Turned Based [Normal FF13] and the other is an Action RPG [Versus, might play like Kingdom Hearts who knows.]